Hellpoint - Releasing July 30th and New Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Action RPG Hellpoint will release July 30th.

Cradle Games and publisher tinyBuild have announced that Hellpoint will release on July 30th. Hellpoint is a sci-fi Dark Souls-inspired action RPG, set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm called the Merge.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

It's not action RPG.
It's coop/pvp… um… rubbish.

I briefly tried the free prologue on Steam, and it was fun. It is indeed traditional 3rd person hack and slash with Dark Souls combat and connected level design. This also includes jumping which adds another level of accessibility to the connected world and combat.

What is also unique about it is that it has couch, offline local co-op for the whole game which I think will be every enjoyable.

So its a traditional hack and slash of the past with Dark Souls character progression and connected world/bosses.

I briefly tried the free prologue on Steam, and it was fun. […] What is also unique about it is that it has couch, offline local co-op for the whole game which I think will be every enjoyable.
That's this one here?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1243140/Hellpoint_The_Thespian_Feast/
I'll have a look at it soon. Always good to find another potential game for co-op sessions.
The split-screen is a cool idea, though I see the price is reasonable enough for us to each get a copy (if it's good enough, that is :))

Edit: Okay, tried it. Based on the preview I'd only give it a "maybe". In saying that, we've co-oped some pretty mediocre games and had a ball (e.g. Dungeon Lords).

Last edited:
That's this one here?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1243140/Hellpoint_The_Thespian_Feast/
I'll have a look at it soon. Always good to find another potential game for co-op sessions.
The split-screen is a cool idea, though I see the price is reasonable enough for us to each get a copy (if it's good enough, that is :))

Edit: Okay, tried it. Based on the preview I'd only give it a "maybe". In saying that, we've co-oped some pretty mediocre games and had a ball (e.g. Dungeon Lords).

Yes it is more of a dungeon crawler because of the closed ship environment.

I find the local co-op a unique feature that allowed me to play with my son on the computer and we had a blast with a number of games that are not AAA (including earth defence force 4 and 5, salt and sanctuary, chaosbane, magica, trine, resident evil 6 and serious sam bfe).

This game's title reminds me how my marriage got to the .. [substitute game title]

Back
Top Bottom