Nerdy, Geeky and just weird things you do - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Nerdy, Geeky and just weird things you do

Default Nerdy, Geeky and just weird things you do

June 22nd, 2018, 16:31
It hates me, and I hate it back.

EDIT:
I've always worked with comps, but I started to love them with Windows. Now that I'm back to green script on black background, I remember why.
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2018, 19:20
Ok, genuine dislike of all machines I can totally get behind. I make a point of mocking people at events using mobiles, and do my very best to knock those miserable objects to the ground where I can "accidently" stomp them.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
+1:

June 22nd, 2018, 20:46
Don't get me wrong - I love machines. I truly do.
My (private) PC is my friend. My mobiles (both private and work) are my friends. My (work) notebook is my friend. My Roomba is my friend. I just don't like this terminal server workstation at work because it makes me see green things on a black background.

I mean, if it was an Atari VCR … but it's not. No games. Just numbers. And not pretty numbers.
If I want those numbers pretty, I have to chase them through an additional database layer and interface and catch them on my notebook with MS Power BI.
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 23rd, 2018, 02:46
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Don't get me wrong - I love machines. I truly do.
My (private) PC is my friend. My mobiles (both private and work) are my friends. My (work) notebook is my friend. My Roomba is my friend. I just don't like this terminal server workstation at work because it makes me see green things on a black backgroundI.
Funny you mention that, one of the first things I do when I install Visual Studio is to set the green on black theme

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

June 23rd, 2018, 04:23
I'm sort of rather eccentric when it comes to many things. I believe in strange things such as the paranormal. That means all that stuff you think this means - bigfoot, other cryptids, old superstitions (I never will walk underneath a ladder, for instance, and will never speak words aloud that are evil, such as dire predictions, or wishing harm upon another person) and UFOs *especially UFOs*, I tend to have a very open mind about all of them. I won't even get into all the wild-ass conspiracies that I have looked into and studied, lol

Bottom line, if its weird - the more bizarre the better - if its fringe, then I have probably looked into it.

Now, let us not speak of this again.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

June 23rd, 2018, 11:54
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Ok, genuine dislike of all machines I can totally get behind. I make a point of mocking people at events using mobiles, and do my very best to knock those miserable objects to the ground where I can "accidently" stomp them.
Lizzie Borden took an axe.
And plunged it deep in to her VAX.
Don't you envy people who
Do what you would like to do?

pibbur who leaves it to the watchers to find out (if neccessary) what a VAX is.

PS. A corollary (couldn't find the original, so I "recreated" it from cerebral RAM, and at the same time updated it to today's situation.)

A guru held a class.
Guru: "Zen is in all electronic equipment."
Student: "Is Zen in a mobile phone?"
Guru:"Zen is in all electronic equipment."
Student: "Is Zen in the personal computer?"
Guru: "Zen is in all electronic equipment."
Student: "Is Zen in a computer game?"
Guru: "Zen is in every piece of software."
Student: "Is Zen in the WinRar file compressing program??"
Guru: "Zen is in every piece of software."
Student: "Is Zen in the Microsoft Windows operating system?"
The Guro paused, shuffled his papers."The lesson is over".

DS.
Last edited by pibbur who; June 23rd, 2018 at 23:05.

pibbur who

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 23rd, 2018, 12:05
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I'm sort of rather eccentric when it comes to many things. I believe in strange things such as the paranormal. That means all that stuff you think this means - bigfoot, other cryptids, old superstitions (I never will walk underneath a ladder, for instance, and will never speak words aloud that are evil, such as dire predictions, or wishing harm upon another person) and UFOs *especially UFOs*, I tend to have a very open mind about all of them. I won't even get into all the wild-ass conspiracies that I have looked into and studied, lol

Bottom line, if its weird - the more bizarre the better - if its fringe, then I have probably looked into it.

Now, let us not speak of this again.
I have no interest in the paranormal, but I have to admit that I occasionally suffer from magical thinking. For instance, going through our insurance policies with the wife before travelling by airplane makes me uncomfortable, even if I know that the risk of a chrash is in no way affected by it.

pibbur who, because he's a capricorn, doesn't belive in astrology-.
Last edited by pibbur who; June 23rd, 2018 at 13:34.

pibbur who

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 23rd, 2018, 13:05
Huh! I remember attending a VAX launch event!!

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Nerdy, Geeky and just weird things you do