Baldur's Gate 3 - Gameplay Explained - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 3 - Gameplay Explained

Default Baldur's Gate 3 - Gameplay Explained

July 10th, 2020, 18:20
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I literally disagree with most of what you said here.
…Ok?

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 18:21
So we learned two things in this thread.

1. People have different opinions.
2 Nereida, "he" is an irrelevant moron with mental issues.

To the second part I'll say, we kinda suspected it already, but now it's confirmed, thanks to the most relevant and mentally sane poster that made it universally true. Nereida's testosterone levels are all the lesser because of it.

To the first I'll say, see you in GotY votes and we'll see who has to hide under a rock and hope nobody remembers what they said here.

Nereida

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 18:24
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Also I don't know who Dart is, but sounds like someone fun to have around.
Don't know who Dart is?! Damn, I think we need some kind of RPGWatch onboarding or wiki!

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 19:04
Woah?? I thought everyone knew who dart was. He's king of passive aggressive posting. Used to be whole threads with debates over ten pages of his replies.

Anyway he closed his main account and uses alts every few months then closes them again. Nereida count yourself lucky you never got into a debate with him.
--
"Yeah you reading my posts if you don't like my opinions put me on ignore. It's very easy to do. So next time don't complain if you don't like what I share or write on this forum." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 19:11
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Larian's games are like overhyped famous boxers with unbeaten records. Usually they fall before a real opponent. I see stupid Divinity: Original Sin 2 all over again in this latest Lotus Trap of theirs..
*white noise*

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:

July 10th, 2020, 19:29
Originally Posted by arthureloi View Post
I would say the worst offender is Pathfinder: Kingmaker. What a bugged, overscoped mess. The writing is abysmal.
"the worst offender"
oh man

Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Larian's games are like overhyped famous boxers with unbeaten records. Usually they fall before a real opponent. I see stupid Divinity: Original Sin 2 all over again in this latest Lotus Trap of theirs..
No " A V O I D W A R E !!" comments? I am disappointed in you.

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

July 10th, 2020, 19:37
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
"the worst offender"
oh man

What's wrong, really?

Did you actually like Kingmaker's writing? A lot of extremely long tell, don't show, lore dumps galore, extreme amount of exposition everywhere, uninteresting characters and world building, you don't get to care for the characters or the plot itself, which is pretty cookie cutter quality, etc. At one point I could not help but just keep pressing continue during dialogues, and I have never done that, even when playing the dullest games.

Well, that's just my opinion, anyway.

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

July 10th, 2020, 19:43
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
And the Guantlet video game. Don't shoot the food green elf. My damn brother always shot the food.
Oh yeah, how’d I forget that one. “Elf needs food, badly”

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
+1:

July 10th, 2020, 19:46
What's wrong, really?
Nothing, it's just funny the hyperbolic way that you put it: "The worst offender". I just consider it trolling. PF:K sure had it's problem, but a lot of people liked it and they did a lot of things right, including successfully translating one of the best PF adventure paths into a computer game. And I know that because I used to run this AP as a DM when we were allowed to actually meet people. Moreover, this is the closest game to the BG games that I have played so far.

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

July 10th, 2020, 19:57
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Woah?? I thought everyone knew who dart was. He's king of passive aggressive posting. Used to be whole threads with debates over ten pages of his replies.

Anyway he closed his main account and uses alts every few months then closes them again. Nereida count yourself lucky you never got into a debate with him.
Dude, I am king of passive aggressive posting.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 20:20
So much cringe in this thread.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

July 10th, 2020, 20:37
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Oh yeah, how’d I forget that one. “Elf needs food, badly”
I used to think it was funny when they burped or farted.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

July 10th, 2020, 20:42
"the worst offender"
oh man

Nothing, it's just funny the hyperbolic way that you put it: "The worst offender". I just consider it trolling. PF:K sure had it's problem, but a lot of people liked it and they did a lot of things right, including successfully translating one of the best PF adventure paths into a computer game. And I know that because I used to run this AP as a DM when we were allowed to actually meet people. Moreover, this is the closest game to the BG games that I have played so far.
Ah I see, the reason could be english not being my native language. Definitely not trolling here though.

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

July 10th, 2020, 21:00
I can tell you why people who loved the BG series are nervous about this game: for reasons like they just figured out personal initiative is better than each side going in turn. I'm glad they did indeed make the change, but I could've told them that. D&D, you know, what the game is based on, figured that out a long time ago.

Reinventing the wheel into a square is not innovation.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 21:00
Ah I see, the reason could be english not being my native language. Definitely not trolling here though.
nonono, I considered it trolling because PF:K is considered such a good game by many and it is not reasonable to say it is "the worst offender". And you saying it especially here where the game is much appreciated, seems trolling. Just to be clear: I am not mocking your language skills or anything like that

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

July 10th, 2020, 21:06
Hmmm perhaps the writing wasn't as bad as you thought?
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

July 10th, 2020, 21:08
nonono, I considered it trolling because PF:K is considered such a good game by many and it is not reasonable to say it is "the worst offender". And you saying it especially here where the game is much appreciated, seems trolling. Just to be clear: I am not mocking your language skills or anything like that
No worries; it's a highly controversial game. It got as much praise as heat, so it's only natural that a pretty negative view would be perceived as trolling by some. But it isn't. Just a truthful testimony of someone who had great expectations for it and got deeply disappointed.

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

July 10th, 2020, 21:15
No worries; it's a highly controversial game. It got as much praise as heat, so it's only natural that a pretty negative view would be perceived as trolling by some. But it isn't. Just a truthful testimony of someone who had great expectations for it and got deeply disappointed.
Well, I would consider giving the game another shot. The game is really good in particular for people that like the PnP version of the game. I recommend another try especially after the next update coming on August 18th.

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

July 10th, 2020, 21:17
Well, I would consider giving the game another shot. The game is really good in particular for people that like the PnP version of the game. I recommend another try especially after the next update coming on August 18th.
But I did give it a very fair shot. 100 hours logged already, and I started it recently, so it was well patched and with all DLCs. Alas, I just cannot force myself to go on anymore. More power to those who like it though.

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

July 10th, 2020, 22:12
But I did give it a very fair shot. 100 hours logged already, and I started it recently, so it was well patched and with all DLCs. Alas, I just cannot force myself to go on anymore. More power to those who like it though.
You spent 100 hours playing that terrible game?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 3 - Gameplay Explained