The Witcher 2 - Internal Gameplay Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A gameplay video of The Witcher 2 has apparently been leaked, offering over 5 minutes of Alpha gameplay footage with voiceover from CD Projekt's Marcin Iwinski. Despite the "internal use only" warnings, the form and presentation is clearly designed as a promotional tool, so perhaps it was released early but it definitely looks designed for public consumption.
Upgraded graphics, new day/night cycle, NPCs with independent motivations, NPC responses to the player's actions, combat quick-time-events and Havok physics are all shown or discussed - this is well worth a look.
Thanks to imnotaperv, who berates us for our lack of omniscience in not posting this earlier.
More information.

woah! We're seeing top secret stuff!

I dont know about you, but I'm pretty fired up after watching that **loosens collar*

sniff sniff ... I smell viral marketing ... is that Tom Ohle in the house? :D

What's to say? Lookin' sweet.

Hope some of the voice actors are placeholders only, though.

:[

Well that came out of the blue… for a couple of seconds I could only drool at that Dragon
(very well made in comparison with some other recent examples)…

Looks absolutely fantastic. But I do wonder, with most of the original creative team gone,
can they make this game as good as it looks ? (No reason why they could not ofcourse,
fingers crossed…)

P.S: "leaked" huh ?

Look good, but hopeful they use the Garelt Actor from the old witcher, the one in the clip don't sound right.

@ Phonix: I somehow doubt they will not. I am guessing too early in the production cycle
to start the actual casting/hiring/voiceover work so all this must be placeholder…

Quicktime events? Really? Boo-urns!

Otherwise, gimme, gimme, gimme. Loved the first one and I like what they're showing here.

Looking good...

But what's up with that DREADFUL dialogue and voice acting?

Gotta be temporary.

It doesn't show much, except new graphic and physics. Anyway I can't wait for the sequel because I loved first The Witcher :) At least it shows the game is doing okay.

Looking good…

But what's up with that DREADFUL dialogue and voice acting?

Gotta be temporary.

I certainly Hope so. I do believe though that it is too early for them to have
actually written anything more than placeholder dialogue ( :please:)
The way they presented it makes me think that they mostly have the tech nailed
down and wanted to show off that and generate some early hype...

O where have they gone ??

I only remember that Madej (who seemed to be the heart and soul of the first
installment) left for polish Techland. Imo losing the Lead designer (and seemingly
all around guy that helped bring the various elements together) gotta have a
significant impact on the game's character (unless I am overvaluing his role ?)...

Perhaps somebody can chime in with the rest of the casualties ?

I do believe they included at least one art Lead, that said Art Direction looks great as
always (indistinguishable from the first)...

Back
Top Bottom