Most attractive qualities in another human being?

Hmmm... difficult question to answer.

I'm happily married but my relationship with people other than my hubby is... well, minimal.

These are qualities I find attractive although it's very rare:
Honesty, sincerity, authenticity and confidence (not the fake, I talk big confidence or arrogance).

…at my age when you look for a woman you quite expect mental issues, they're the one not already taken or the ones no one could handle for any longer period.
That would work both ways. So by your definition a woman expects you to have mental issues as you are the one not already taken an no woman could handle you for any longer period.

That would work both ways.
Not entirely true, because of the way dating works. Society's standard rule is that a man asks a woman out and that's almost always how it happens, very rarely would a woman ask a man out on a first date. So if a man just doesn't pursue women and/or marriage, for whatever reasons he may have, he can go "untaken" yet not necessarily be someone with "issues". But for a woman, unless they have obvious issues, they would be pursued by men over the years - to avoid it, they'd have to actively refuse it all. So, it is a lot easier for a man without issues to end up old and still untaken.

So by your definition a woman expects you to have mental issues as you are the one not already taken an no woman could handle you for any longer period.
I don't think that's really true at all, as women generally understand that there are men out there who just haven't pursued it. The whole "lifelong bachelor" stereotype. Many women like to think they are the one who can finally "break" those type of men.

Meanwhile, in the 21st Century...

:p

Anyway it looks like Dart has left the forum again. Makes the third time now.:biggrin:

Yea, I noticed his name turned black, and he is now shown as a guest.

I also noticed he was really getting into it or having an issue with another regular poster here, and it was getting pretty nasty between them. Lots of subtle insults and not so subtle insults were flying. And not only that, but he was also clashing with another forum regular (one who I have never seen engage in antagonizing behavior) where they seemed to have arguments or some kind of issue as well.

It also seemed like he was getting tag teamed a little by these two, but that said, he was certainly giving out just as good as he got. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think he was an innocent victim or something, from what I saw in the threads.

I just don't think being somewhat rude or deliberately insulting/antagonizing in your posts is a good way to go, and I think I noticed he had a tendency to do that fairly often. Not to me - we were cool - but to some others.

Anyway, my 2 cents about it. Maybe he will come back eventually, I guess 4th time may be the charm?

I did like the occasional general questions threads he would post, I will toss that out there. He was good at creating discussion at times.

Not entirely true, because of the way dating works. Society's standard rule is that a man asks a woman out and that's almost always how it happens, very rarely would a woman ask a man out on a first date. So if a man just doesn't pursue women and/or marriage, for whatever reasons he may have, he can go "untaken" yet not necessarily be someone with "issues". But for a woman, unless they have obvious issues, they would be pursued by men over the years - to avoid it, they'd have to actively refuse it all. So, it is a lot easier for a man without issues to end up old and still untaken.

I don't think that's really true at all, as women generally understand that there are men out there who just haven't pursued it. The whole "lifelong bachelor" stereotype. Many women like to think they are the one who can finally "break" those type of men.
Seriously? In this day and age you still have this old fashioned notion of women and men? This is not only incorrect it is insulting towards women as well.

He didn’t give me his motivatiions, but I think this is just his way to free up time, so he can spend it on other more important stuff. Keeping his account active might be a bit too much and just drags him back into the forums and discussions too easily.

Seriously? In this day and age you still have this old fashioned notion of women and men? This is not only incorrect it is insulting towards women as well.

It's not about being old fashioned at all it's just how it works. That does not mean there are exceptions, and way more so in this day and age than, let's say 70-100 years ago.

On a dating site here there's probably 200 men for every woman, if not more. Got a peak at former GF's profile she had on a dating site here. Daily she got 50-100 messages from interested men. Around 50% were total morons who were just after sex (according to her, i didn't read the messages).
In this case it was her who contacted me though, AND she brought me flowers on the first date, so its true it's not always the old fashioned way, which is very refreshing. But overall, i think most men would be very disappointed if they expected this as some type of new norm, it really isn't. There's way more lonely men here than women, men can be lonely for a number of reasons, e.g being shy or being overall bad at taking action, something women rarely need to care about, since men will show interest either way.

They “will show interest either way”, o, those poor “lonely men”…
Now when picturing this in my head, why do I have to think of a
Pick-up artist
Someone who uses a variety of underhand tactics to try and get laid because, having serious problems with misogyny, a roaring inadequacy complex, a deeply warped image of what constitutes being a worthy person, have never developed a healthy way of interacting with the other sex and seem to believe that the only way to get laid is to beat the other person into submission or trick them, they believe that this is somehow a reasonable way to behave.

By and large, so-called PUAs are inexperienced people talking scarily ignorant shit at each other to try and appear more experienced than they are, or have some degree of success - if it can be called that - which amounts to having sex with a string of women as ill, sociopathic and/or desperate as they are, or ones who are too stupid to realise what a scary manipulative misogynist the person edging ever-closer to them is.

In other words: they have the amount of sex they would otherwise have if they were just perfectly honest about their ends, minus all the people they've scared off by being clearly desperate and/or not very well in the head.
Pick-up artists: the ironically named group who, as soon as any woman with an ounce of sense or sanity gets anywhere near them, will be dropped by them.
Source: Urban Dictionary

“50%” of “morons” “who are just after sex”…
Sure, that sounds mentally attractive.

Not saying all these lonely men are pickup artists. They have issues though, obviously. ;) So many lonely women out there looking for a nice guy that won’t consider them to be just the whore, the cook or the housekeeper…, you know, who, in so many ways, looks like that boring woman also known as his old fashioned mother where he feels safe and taken care of. ;)

Last edited:
Here is what he said:
Bank greenlit the new house - and I've made an offer to the seller. I'm waiting to hear their answer :)

Well, I decided to be less hard-ass and offered 1.075 million and he accepted :)

It's pretty much going to be the same as if I paid 1 million, because the sewage thing will cost at least 50 thousand.

So, now it's time to finalize things with the bank.

Meeting at the bank this thursday :)

Anyway, I think it's time for me to focus on other things - so I'll ask Myrthos to delete my profile (again) - and here's hoping I can manage to stay away.

I hope you all have fun doing whatever you prefer to do ;)

bbd.jpg

It's not about being old fashioned at all it's just how it works. That does not mean there are exceptions, and way more so in this day and age than, let's say 70-100 years ago.

On a dating site here there's probably 200 men for every woman, if not more. Got a peak at former GF's profile she had on a dating site here. Daily she got 50-100 messages from interested men. Around 50% were total morons who were just after sex (according to her, i didn't read the messages).
In this case it was her who contacted me though, AND she brought me flowers on the first date, so its true it's not always the old fashioned way, which is very refreshing. But overall, i think most men would be very disappointed if they expected this as some type of new norm, it really isn't. There's way more lonely men here than women, men can be lonely for a number of reasons, e.g being shy or being overall bad at taking action, something women rarely need to care about, since men will show interest either way.

Sounds like the men in Sweden need to work on their game.

Back
Top Bottom