Votes: 26 23.0%
  • Really don't know

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Maybe a bit

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • No Way

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
Did not expect the second coming of rpgs but still had fairly high hopes for the game and they where easily surpassed.

You need an option for 'better than the hype'. Right now the closest is "Absolutely".

It's bizarre how far some will try to discredit someones opinion on what the game is like. You got guys like Dart and JDR going personal in order to make their comments not mean anything. People are allowed to have feelings on how a game is that don't always conform with what you want.

The thing is "I" see how the game can be compared to GTA and Red dead, and that's not a bad thing. It's just there are a lot of similarities in the way the games play, ie interact with the world. It is obviously deeper then those games as it added character building quite far beyond GTAV. I think they evolved that game play style quite a bit. Also the inventory is light years beyond those games.

The interesting thing that really makes me feel they looked at those games as somewhat of an inspiration is in the way the map markers work, when you get to a location on the map it does a little scene setting up a "mission/quest" Very similar.

Ovenall is right in that some quests are basically follow the arrow, just that you have to use your senses to do it….not really any different. I have played maybe 60 hours now and some of the missions get really repetitive. That's ok though, since I basically went OCD on the first big map and went just about everywhere.

I may be in the minority, but I would like to see them develop another game similar style but allow you to make a normal character in the witcher world….that doesn't have to be a witcher. Maybe a deeper character system.

All in all though I think it is a great game, and me citing those other games as a similar design is not meant as a slight(slow down white knights), it is just an observation. I think CD Project did an excellent job of evolving that style to something really grande.

I voted for the most part, for the record.

EDIT: I mentioned in another thread that Gerralt really sounds like clint eastwood…it's scarily similar.

This is the first game in a long time that I've played where I really feel that it deserves to be in serious consideration for the best game of all time. The writing is some of the best I've experienced in a game since Torment. I won't go into details because of spoilers and that I have not yet finished the main quest.

There is one scene in particular that references a Grimm fairy tale that I would consider to be perhaps the most touching scene I've ever experienced in a game.

There are valid criticisms to be made, but they amount to minor nitpicks next to the game's qualities. Almost certainly game of the year. I can't say enough positive things about this game.

Ovenall is right in that some quests are basically follow the arrow, just that you have to use your senses to do it….not really any different.

So having to follow directions and visual clues is now the same as simply following an onscreen arrow? Ok. :)

It's funny how predictable your post was though. If this game had been developed by Bioware or Bethesda, you'd be vehemently disagreeing with Ovenall.

If all you did in the game was quest for Gwent cards and played Gwent in its beautiful open world it still would have for me lived up to the hype.

So having to follow directions and visual clues is now the same as simply following an onscreen arrow? Ok. :)

It's funny how predictable your post was though. If this game had been developed by Bioware or Bethesda, you'd be vehemently disagreeing with Ovenall.

A personal attack to discredit....got ya, and yes you were predictable.

Yes, DUH!!!

[/QUOTE]It's funny how predictable your post was though. If this game had been developed by Bioware or Bethesda, you'd be vehemently disagreeing with Ovenall.[/QUOTE]

Or if the Great Lord British had flew in on his Multiplayer space ship.

White knights to the rescue....wish you read my whole post instead blindly running in to defend.

Childlike responses....

I guess I need to make it more clear....

You hold down the sense button....it lights up a trail you follow to a location, look around for next trail to follow....then find end of quest/encounter find item.

I think it is a very good variation on the arrow just being there, but it is very similar. Just handled better in a roleplaying variation.

I asked you a legitimate question.

In typical rune_74 form though, I see you're gonna play the victim and act like a little bitch. ;)

Name calling now too…what did I say about the game that got your panties in a bunch? I said I really liked it, I gave reasons and you attacked me saying if it was a bethesda or bioware game I would defend it(I assume to show I only like shallow games or something of that nature?)

Your acting like someone made fun of your favorite sports team and now you are pouting.

Hah, the funny thing is I called you out in the original message I wrote and then you proved my point, good game!

Name calling now too…what did I say about the game that got your panties in a bunch? I said I really liked it, I gave reasons and you attacked me saying if it was a bethesda or bioware game I would defend it(I assume to show I only like shallow games or something of that nature?)

Your acting like someone made fun of your favorite sports team and now you are pouting.

Hah, the funny thing is I called you out in the original message I wrote and then you proved my point, good game!

Honestly, I'm just calling it as I see it. You were already playing the victim even before I jokingly threw that at you.

I'm accustomed to you playing that angle though, so it's no big deal. :)

I voted Absolutely!

Last edited:
I am not sure.

I enjoyed it in the beginning, but I haven't played for a while now and I doubt I will play more of it.
I feel like I would have kept playing if there had been some changes to the world from doing quests. Like a faction system of sorts. Do a quest for this village and now that village will blossom or a quest for this army and now they will take more control of the surrounding area etc.

Not that alot of other open world games do well in that regard, but the combat didn't really do it for me and I didn't find it interesting to go and explore the world, so doing quests was what kept me playing until that became rutine.
But overall I still enjoyed the first 20-30 hours of it so I don't regret buying it.

I am not sure.
… but the combat didn't really do it for me and I didn't find it interesting to go and explore the world, so doing quests was what kept me playing until that became rutine.

The combat reminds me a lot of Bloodborne, just much easier. Dodge to get to the side/behind swipe, swipe, offhand weapon for a stun swipe, swipe, dodge for the side/behind swipe swipe. It's very similar, especially for single large creatures like a bear or a gargoyle (especially the gargoyle).

???
I wonder if we play the same game?

1. General strategy: alternate yrden, come to daddy
2. Shielded mobs: axii, instakill
3. Minobosses and bosses: alternate quen, fast hit a few times, repeat
4. Outleveled mobs: let sidekick nail 'em, spam quen or alt quen
5. Fist fights: already posted a strategy that works even against the bear and the troll

Bears generally? Hit twice, it dead, won't instarespawn - unlike DA3.
Gargoyles? Rush forward and stunlock it like it's Gothic 3.

I didn't know there are bears and gargoyles in Bloodborne, especially alternate spells I overused in my playthrough, not to mention brawls.
Thanks for sharing the info, without you I'd never know TW3 is a carbon copy clone of a pathetic grinder.

???
I wonder if we play the same game?

1. General strategy: alternate yrden, come to daddy
2. Shielded mobs: axii, instakill
3. Minobosses and bosses: alternate quen, fast hit a few times, repeat
4. Outleveled mobs: let sidekick nail 'em, spam quen or alt quen
5. Fist fights: already posted a strategy that works even against the bear and the troll

Bears generally? Hit twice, it dead, won't instarespawn - unlike DA3.
Gargoyles? Rush forward and stunlock it like it's Gothic 3.

I didn't know there are bears and gargoyles in Bloodborne, especially alternate spells I overused in my playthrough, not to mention brawls.
Thanks for sharing the info, without you I'd never know TW3 is a carbon copy clone of a pathetic grinder.

Sheesh. I never said it was a carbon copy of anything. Grow up, you are a petulant @sshole who freaks out over ANY non-praise of this game. In fact, I simply compared the combat to another game's combat, and did not even imply that it was a negative. I happen to enjoy the combat, certainly more than Witcher 2.

Back
Top Bottom