Things you don't need to know...

Some disturbing pieces of clothing:

This:
hpdwwm1603456878453.jpg

This:
tkwily1583921944365.jpg

And this (sorry Ripper):
lplxsm1604060792513.jpg

a pibbur who of course would like one of those.

PS. I don't know how long thses images will be available. DS.

The most popular programming languages today according to Tiobe.

https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

Two things worth mentioning:
1. Python overtakes Java as the second most popular language.
2. Good ol' C is still number 1. That surprises me a bit, given it's age and somewhat restricted support for more modern features.

It's also worth mentioning that the C-family (C, C++, C#) together has 28% of the scores.

a pibbur who claims to know 11 of the languages on the list.
A few weeks ago I posted a reference to a list of the most popular programming languages.

Now, which are the most hated programming languages? The most popular ones, of course, according to TechRepublic (https://www.techrepublic.com/article/the-4-most-hated-programming-languages-experts-pile-on-javascript-c-and-more/). 3 of those: C++, Java, and JavaScript are in top 7 of the most popular languages.

an incarnation of pibbur who for mostly irrational reasons agrees with the result for Java.
I can't say I love Java either, but my reason may be different, I just find it has been badly managed in its evolution. It's also very verbose in comparison to other languages such as C#, Kotlin or Python, perhaps they made some effort recently but my knowledge of this language stopped at version 8 (and then, there are issues like the generic type erasure..).

I'm surprised to find Kotlin so low in the list, by the way (of the most popular ones, that is). What Jetbrains did was a real masterpiece!

Anyway. For the fun of it, here is Stackoverlow's infographics with liked/dreaded languages, and other juicy bits like "salary", "gender", "ethnicity" and "overtime"! :)

I learnt BASIC once upon a time, but then gave up on the whole thing!! But, you didn't need to know that either!!!! :)

The PS-only game The Last of Us 2 raked in 6 of the 2020 Game Awards O_O

Shouldn't be allowed ;)

And Hades only had the Indie, not sure if they still fit in that category. Let's hope they stand better chances in the Steam's Awards. EDIT: Oh, they also got Action Game of the Year.

But yeah, not worth knowing. Let's forget it :D

Last edited:

Shouldn't be allowed ;)

And Hades only had the Indie, not sure if they still fit in that category. Let's hope they stand better chances in the Steam's Awards. EDIT: Oh, they also got Action Game of the Year.

But yeah, not worth knowing. Let's forget it :D

Looks like they followed their instructions like a good little website should. TLoU 2 was the most "progressive" game so therefore it obviously deserved every award. :)

Looks like they followed their instructions like a good little website should. TLoU 2 was the most "progressive" game so therefore it obviously deserved every award. :)
From what I've seen in gameplay videos, the narrative, the immersion, the rythm of the game, all that seems very good! If it was available on PC, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it.

Yeah, it certainly deserves it. :)

From what I've seen in gameplay videos, the narrative, the immersion, the rythm of the game, all that seems very good! If it was available on PC, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it.

Yeah, it certainly deserves it. :)

I've only played the first couple of hours, so far. I'll be amazed if it matches the first one, but it's bloody impressive in many ways.

Do you like Zoom? I've only used it once and wasn't too impressed, but it often takes a little while before being comfortable with those tools. Now, if they added coffee smell, perhaps it could sway me ;)

Teams is good, especially if you had to work at several on the same documents. And the video/audio quality is very good. No smell but Microsoft's, though.

I've never used zoom but everyone in the education (students, universities) seems to be using it. Marketing-wise the 40 min limit is a smart move, it appears enough but every serious meeting drags on longer, also most classes here are 45 min.
No complaints about Teams, our company bought Office365, everything's working ok and it's getting regular feature updates. I also use chat a lot. If I'm not calling the meeting I use OBS for recording.

On the Microsoft topic - the new Excel was slow as hell and was constantly crashing whenever I opened xlsx with large data. Until I changed the language to English. Now it's working as it should with no crashes ... wtf??

Also Sharepoint is nice but navigating through with a browser is a mess.

Bet you Naughty Dog was ecstatic Cyberpunk 2077 was disqualified this year. I'm not surprised as its an industry award show. It lost the gamer's choice award at least.

The developer was salty on Twitter when that happened.:biggrin:

Bet you Naughty Dog was ecstatic Cyberpunk 2077 was disqualified this year. I'm not surprised as its an industry award show. It lost the gamer's choice award at least.

The developer was salty on Twitter when that happened.:biggrin:
Ouch! That must hurt … but probably not too long with all the copies they've already sold, though ;)

According to Fextralife, this isn't the game of the Year, so it must be fair enough.
(They're sometimes superficial in their judgment, so I'll reserve mine)

According to Fextralife, this isn't the game of the Year, so it must be fair enough. (They're sometimes superficial in their judgment, so I'll reserve mine)

Eh I'm enjoying my time with it but every new game is a bugfest nowadays. My opinion is people expected to much and with modern hardware you can only do so much.

We can't have living breathing city immersion sims yet. Average player's couldn't afford the needed hardware. Probably need whole server room just to render.

I seriously hope I live to see a holographic room like Star Trek. I'll die happily. Anyway Cyberpunk 2077 is my GOTY of 2020 along with Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Maybe CDPR should partner with Ubisoft and their Anvil Next engine. It can render living breathing game-worlds. I'm salivating at the thought right now. Please CDPR.:please:

I've only played the first couple of hours, so far. I'll be amazed if it matches the first one, but it's bloody impressive in many ways.

Yeah, the first game was something special. I remember thinking it was one of the best games I played that year. I haven't played the sequel yet due to not having a PS4, but I plan on it being one of the first titles I pick up when I get my PS5.

Unfortunately, most of the plot was spoiled for me when I read about it in a forum post before realizing what it was.

Yeah, the first game was something special. I remember thinking it was one of the best games I played that year. I haven't played the sequel yet due to not having a PS4, but I plan on it being one of the first titles I pick up when I get my PS5.

Unfortunately, most of the plot was spoiled for me when I read about it in a forum post before realizing what it was.

Yeah, I found the original was one of my memorable entertainment experiences of the year, up there with the stronger novels and movies. I do think it was a step forward for videogames, in terms of narrative experience.

I've managed to dodge the full spoilers for part 2, but I've kind of got a whiff of them from the fuss that's arisen.

I seriously hope I live to see a holographic room like Star Trek. I'll die happily.
Have you tried VR headsets? Half-Life: Alyx has made quite an impression apparently.

I don't own a headset, but I tried once with friends in a reconverted warehouse and portable headsets, where they matched the walls, windows and obstacles with the VR scenery. It was a lot of fun, and it was really bluffing, even though they were not the latest gen VR. I recommend the experience!

No long texts to read in those games though ;) It will be action-only, people don't like to stay too long.
Anyway Cyberpunk 2077 is my GOTY of 2020 along with Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Have fun! :) For me, GOTY will be Baldur's Gate and Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I suppose I'm late so I won't tell anyone. Cyberpunk seems interesting, I'll probably get it soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom