Witcher 3 PC master race bullshit

The Witcher 3
I thought that review was quite entertaining. After all the lavish praise, I thought having a bad-tempered geordie slate it for ten minutes was good fun. I disagree, but he did make a couple of good points - like "Dave" trying to slay a griffin for two months, and villagers unable navigate around a horse. :biggrin:

Sure, that's the whole point of me looking for this stuff in the first place. But the condescension is strong in this one. It's like, if I like this kind of gameplay, I'm a console-weaned idiot who is 11 years old and can't handle superior PC games with proper PC controls yo!! Also the graphics look like shit even for a Playstation 2 game! I hope these kids are just that, kids, but I fear the worst…

Let people enjoy what they enjoy. And the whole discussion about whether this game is open-world or not because it has, what, five load screens, such a waste of time. :)

I read some of the comments, not sure why you would assume they're all from PC players. Didn't watch the video though.

Ignorance and immaturity don't discriminate and I'm sure are spread evenly between all people regardless of their gaming platform preference.

Also they are both probably pretty strong in the people who came up with the term "PC master race".

"PC master race" is obviously a sarcastic term, not to be taken seriously, should be rather obvious..

I'm a PC and console user, i use a controller on PC for ports (or basically any third person game since a controller just makes more sense than mouse/keyb for those games).

The reviewer seems to have some points but if he hates the controlls then why don't spend $10 on a 360 controller. I haven't played much but side stepping seems to be better than rolling around like he did here, he seems rather clueless to be honest.

Why would you pay any attention to YouTube comments anyways? There isn't a site on the internet where the comments are less worthy of reading.

Why would you pay any attention to YouTube comments anyways? There isn't a site on the internet where the comments are less worthy of reading.

lol, tend to agree. You can literally find any comments in any youtube video posted that are way over the top. But as for wackiness about Witcher 3, I have heard there are now some complaints in certain SJW circles that there are no black people in the Witcher 3. That is how ridiculous the PC (not as in "personal computer", but as in "political correctness") culture has gotten. It is getting to the point of insanity these days.

Bullshit? What bullshit?

PC > all

'nuff said :biggrin:

Okay, it was late and I was basically looking for anything The Witcher 3 on the internet... forget what I said. I kind of get drawn towards these stupid internet debates, I shouldn't do that. :p

Like the whole discussion there about TW3 not being open-world enough because it has a few loading screens between continents. Sigh.

Bullshit? What bullshit?

PC > all

'nuff said :biggrin:
+1
And I'm back so... Sorry to all but I'll continue with my PC master race bullshit. :evilgrin:

It's not a master race per se - all you need is a PC and you can join the superior side.

The PC Master Race?

The Commodore Amiga was Elite - other platforms are just just bad imitations...

TW3 is hot material for video makers. This one is a good finding, basing the comedy effects on genuine points.

The conclusion is wrong though. TW3 is what it is now, not because of consoles, consoles. That would be the contrary. Console gaming is suffering from cultural contamination from the PC scene.

The review has it: it is not a product about product, it is a product about storytelling.
The flaw is there: because the product is called a game, the reviewer assumes the first quality in the product must be the gameplay.

It's been a while since it is no longer the case.
That trend is originated from the PC scene, with so called RPGers pushing story above all, close association with the avatar for the story line, representation of who is who.
If anything, the console scene is suffering from a cultural contamination, as for a long time, consoles were platforms for games, that is products whose first expected quality was the gameplay.

TW3 combat system delivers in this regard: so called RPGers do not want gameplay, they want attitude. The combat system is elaborated to sustain that demand. Players are the witcher, fuck the rest, they will dominate, they will crush, they will take shit from no one, "respect my authority", "you talking to me", "this is Sparta" kind of trip.
Dont mess with the players, they are the witcher, not only they will kill you, but they will kill you like the miserable vermin you are, with style.

That kind of atttitude, that kind of demand, came from the PC scene. Console players focused on the gameplay.

TW3, in this regard, is not a typical console game, it is a console product that was elaborated based on a formula coming from the PC scene.

I have heard there are now some complaints in certain SJW circles that there are no black people in the Witcher 3. That is how ridiculous the PC (not as in "personal computer", but as in "political correctness") culture has gotten. It is getting to the point of insanity these days.

Hard to see how that SJW connects to the topic.

Some products called games are no longer about gameplay as they used to be.
Nothing surprising in that as RPGs are also no longer about roleplaying.

Those products have grown in products for which the question of representation has grown central. It only follows that people discuss representation when dealing with those products.

The question of how women are representated, the question of who is not represented is central now, because of the choice made to make representation the core of the product.

Hard to see how all this connects with PC, SJW etc Again, this comes from so called RPGers who were able to dismiss that RPGs are about role playing, people who have proven to display tons of imagination to avoid seeing obvious things so it is hard to figure what they think.

If there is something that I absolutely hate it is the systematic looting that makes no sense, e.g. barrels and houses. First of all it is immersion breaking as it doesn't make any sense to find so much money all over the place and that NPCs typically do not complain about it. But most importantly, I think that it only wastes the player's time as it doesn't add anything meaningful to the gameplay.

So I am a bit disappointed to see that The Witcher 3 has retained this traditional yet rediculous gameplay aspect instead of being a bit more foreward looking and trying to "evolve" the genre by erradicating some of these stupid things.

Regardless, I am certain I will enjoy the game :) ....still have to upgrade my PC though.

The flaw is there: because the product is called a game, the reviewer assumes the first quality in the product must be the gameplay.

It's been a while since it is no longer the case.
That trend is originated from the PC scene, with so called RPGers pushing story above all, close association with the avatar for the story line, representation of who is who.
If anything, the console scene is suffering from a cultural contamination, as for a long time, consoles were platforms for games, that is products whose first expected quality was the gameplay.
Your premise is wrong. Sorry.
Story above all doesn't originate from PC RPGers, it originates from people who learned to read. We had plenty of great stories in other genres for decades, the trend were actually publishers trying to exclude the story from games because it's basically cutting costs.

Console scene doesn't suffer from any contamination, consoles are just a cheap entertainment and if someone excepts they're not, they're delusional or are scammed by empty promises.

Gameplay? Who gives a shit about gameplay in point&click adventure? Or in a visual novel?
Sure, on arcades gameplay is the most important thing - because it's a game where nothing else matters.
PC is about diversity. It always was. It is a box that should allow you to make choices. You vote on it, there is no tyrant who makes a choice instead of you. Yea, I say PC vs console is like democracy vs autocracy.

7ezaq7w.png

The PC Master Race?

The Commodore Amiga was Elite - other platforms are just just bad imitations…

I had an Amiga while in highschool and remember having discussions with friends who had a PC about which one was better.

Of course, at the time, there was really no contest and it felt good belonging to the Commodore Amiga Master Race ;).

CGA —> :rotfl:

EGA —> :rotfl:

VGA —> :rotfl:

SVGA —> Err …damned …time to switch sides ;)

Your premise is wrong. Sorry.
Story above all doesn't originate from PC RPGers, it originates from people who learned to read. We had plenty of great stories in other genres for decades, the trend were actually publishers trying to exclude the story from games because it's basically cutting costs.
Too bad people who have been playing games for thousands of years never got that memo. If they had known that games should be the place of choice to tell stories...
Console scene doesn't suffer from any contamination, consoles are just a cheap entertainment and if someone excepts they're not, they're delusional or are scammed by empty promises.
Telling one thing and the other, who pays the bill to afford that kind of inconsistency?
Gameplay? Who gives a shit about gameplay in point&click adventure? Or in a visual novel?
Visual novels being games, so called RPGers reflex. For some others, though, visual novels are not games, they are a kind of novels. Apparently too obvious and not enough elaborated for so called RPGers who must imagine something else.

Point&click adventure games often rely on puzzles, which are a type of games. People playing point&click adventure caring about the quality of the puzzles in those? Quite a lot.
Sure, on arcades gameplay is the most important thing - because it's a game where nothing else matters.
Did those guys know how to read when they developped these games?
By the way, consoles were known as the platform of choice for arcade port. So good for the absence of cultural contamination.
The thing that games have to be about story above gameplay comes from the PC scene.
PC is about diversity. It always was. It is a box that should allow you to make choices. You vote on it, there is no tyrant who makes a choice instead of you. Yea, I say PC vs console is like democracy vs autocracy.
PC, diversity? Well, lets state on that ground that TW3 is about diversity in people's complexion. Same type of diversity.

Chien,

What kind of games do you like the most? Just asking because you seem to be heavily against traditional "storytelling in videogames." So I'm kind of curious about your favourite games. :)

Traditional story telling? The trend of making games something about story telling is recent.
It might turn into a tradition. Too soon to tell.

The tradition has been so far that games should be something about gameplay, features like story introduced to enhance the gaming experience.

That is what the video tried to manipulate. The trend of considering that games should focus on story instead of focusing on gameplay comes from PCs, it does not come from consoles.

The characterization given in the video tells it all: if you like large intricated stories, with interesting characters, immersion and stuff, then TW3 is for you.
Since when this kind of characterization depicted console games?
It fits so called RPGs perfectly though, so called RPGs that have been thriving on PCs, not on console.
In the other hand, the video tells that if you are in accurate controls etc, then you should move on. Well, consoles games were often depicted as being about controls, reflexes etc

Back
Top Bottom