CD Projekt RED - Working on Another AAA Game

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameWatcher reports that CD Projekt RED is working on another AAA game apart from Cyberpunk 2077.

Unannounced AAA CDPR game was mentioned off-handedly by Benchmark.pl, a Polish gaming-related website, who quoted CDPR saying that "plans for the release of the second AAA game until 2021 remain unchanged. We are currently focusing on the production and promotion of Cyberpunk, so we do not want to comment on further projects."

Furthermore, according to that very same source, both the unannounced AAA RPG and Cyberpunk 2077 are set to come out sometime before 2021, which is quite curious indeed.

[...]
More information.

Only one untitled? I thought we're getting outsourced to them GTA6, FF16, FO5, DX5, Freelancer2 and (drumroll) HL3.
Of course HL3 is supposed to be Epic store exclusive. :)

Only one untitled? I thought we're getting outsourced to them GTA6, FF16, FO5, DX5, Freelancer2 and (drumroll) HL3.
Of course HL3 is supposed to be Epic store exclusive. :)

But then Gordan wouldn't be a freeman. He would be under the control of the Gman and....oh dear. Thats the plot of half life isn't it. The solution is clear. We need a gravity gun and a whole lot of bug bait to storm Epic HQ!

So is it confirmed that the unkknown game is an RPG?

Haven't you noticed?
Everything is an 'RPG' now.
Except maybe sports games.

As posted already Cyberpunk 2077 is almost confirmed for release this year, and the unannounced game is possibly a new Witcher game without Geralt this time.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061561735#post1061561735

That game was mentioned years ago in a conference report, but CDPR never announced the second RPG. Everyone thought it was Gwent/ Thronebreaker but I never did.

Please let it be a RPG with Ciri as protagonist…
My money is on a new RPG? that allows customizing your character. So male or female and you alter how toy look in-game like Cyberpunk 2077. Makes sense nowadays.

Last edited:
Nope, there's no such statement in the source article.

Anyway, it's not a news. They definitely work on something other than Cybperpunk, but I'm pretty sure that success/failure of their current project will determine the release window for their next AAA game.

And don't forget they rather won't drop support for CP2077 at least until 2021.

Haven't you noticed?
Everything is an 'RPG' now.
Except maybe sports games.

A lots of sport games have storylines with choices and character progression now...

Back
Top Bottom