ELEX II - Release Day: March 1, 2022 - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX II - Release Day: March 1, 2022

Default ELEX II - Release Day: March 1, 2022

November 11th, 2021, 20:40
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Now, that's a shortsighted launch date, considering Elden Ring releases one week earlier.

Not like it matters to me, but I hear some watchers actually play average eurojank games like this.

It's going to be an interesting experience for people who come from playing a super responsive, professionally finished, high production game like Elden Ring to then go into this dated, glitchy mess.
Well, some people are more impressed with games that are more flashy veneer than substance and some people prefer a game that is more substance than veneer.

Zephyr

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

November 11th, 2021, 21:20
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Now, that's a shortsighted launch date, considering Elden Ring releases one week earlier.

Not like it matters to me, but I hear some watchers actually play average eurojank games like this.

It's going to be an interesting experience for people who come from playing a super responsive, professionally finished, high production game like Elden Ring to then go into this dated, glitchy mess.
It is a well known fact that sometimes people don't recognize irony in the internet. So you should not be surprised if some people think that you really believe this.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

November 11th, 2021, 21:42
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
It is a well known fact that sometimes people don't recognize irony in the internet. So you should not be surprised if some people think that you really believe this.
Yeah! I'm so glad you understand!
--
Who am I? I am the only way the Universe has to feel, to dream, and to be aware of itself.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

November 11th, 2021, 21:51

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

November 13th, 2021, 07:37
I will be interested to read rpg watcher's impressions of this one. I'm interested in the game, but its not a "must buy", for me, at least not yet.
--
"Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall"

To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 13th, 2021, 11:15
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I will be interested to read rpg watcher's impressions of this one. I'm interested in the game, but its not a "must buy", for me, at least not yet.
Well, since this a PB fansite many of the impressions are likely going to be very positive, including mine.

I'm expecting amazing exploration, janky early game combat, average story and some good feelings of progression.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
+1:

November 13th, 2021, 12:44
If any game ever released on the last decade taught us something is that we must wait 6-12 month after release, so that the maker of the game has enough time to fix the turd surved to us on day one.

Odrid

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 13th, 2021, 17:23
Originally Posted by Odrid View Post
If any game ever released on the last decade taught us something is that we must wait 6-12 month after release, so that the maker of the game has enough time to fix the turd surved to us on day one.
I completely agree with you in general. However, among PB's games Gothic 3 was the only one, which needed extensive patching and modding to achieve a smooth gaming experience. All other games from PB had no relevant glitches at release, as far as I remember. But may be my memory deceives me…

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 13th, 2021, 17:26
Word goes that other than the Gothic fluke about 20 years ago, all of PB games didn't have glitches, as they were a massive glitch on their own.
--
Who am I? I am the only way the Universe has to feel, to dream, and to be aware of itself.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

November 13th, 2021, 17:31
If teasing is a sign of affection as they say then you're a true lover of these games, eh?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Medieval Dynasty

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
+1:

November 13th, 2021, 18:14
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
If teasing is a sign of affection as they say then you're a true lover of these games, eh?
What can I say? I'm an affectionate person!
--

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

+1:

November 13th, 2021, 18:46
Both Elex II and Elden Ring will be great in their own way and focus, and for me it does not matter they are released closely. I pre-ordered both and managed to get boxed versions 20% less than the retail/digital price. I will start with Elden Ring (but expect long period of updates and revisions).

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

November 13th, 2021, 18:56
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
I completely agree with you in general. However, among PB's games Gothic 3 was the only one, which needed extensive patching and modding to achieve a smooth gaming experience. All other games from PB had no relevant glitches at release, as far as I remember. But may be my memory deceives me…

Your memory definitely deceives you quite a bit as Gothic and Gothic 2 (the German releases that happened a long time before the international versions) were also very buggy . Gothic 3 was the bug apocalypse, of course.

Things definitely improved a lot with the Risen series but the games have still always had some game-breaking issues that could be very annoying if you were unfortunate enough to trigger them (see ELEX patch notes of the first patch here which fixed some show stoppers).

The good news is that fans never had to wait very long for fixes. PB is not a "patch orgy" studio (*cough* Owlcat, Larian, CD Projekt *cough* ). There will probably be the usual one/two/three patches or hotfixes within the first three months after release and that's it.

I will wait for a sale before diving into ELEX 2 as I'm not a huge PB fan anymore but if I had to play ELEX 2 next spring, I would probably wait for at least the first big patch before a full playthrough.
It will be a huge game with five factions instead of three plus an additional factionless path for the first time ever in a PB game. There is quite some potential for serious bugs that might only surface once the game goes public.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

November 13th, 2021, 19:55
I'm preordering, but I might wait until after the first patch to start depending on what I'm playing at the time. I'll already have Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring from February, assuming there's no further delays for those games.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

November 13th, 2021, 22:34
I'll be sitting on my comfortable bench and checking out reviews as they happen. Releasing it on my mum's birthday is a sure way to keep me away from the playing field on day one!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

November 15th, 2021, 16:08
Hmmm, question is, will it be something like a Gothic 2-sequel or more like a Risen 2 sequel?

(Note to self: after abandoning Elex for the nth time for "not clicking with me", it is time to restart this sucker again.)

duerer

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX II - Release Day: March 1, 2022