Is it playable? - Page 10 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Is it playable?

Default Is it playable?

January 2nd, 2021, 20:51
Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
I’ve seen the opposite and noticed that some ‘die’ but still roll on ground. Another shop is needed to kill them and finish side-quest get experience etc.
They probably weren't dead. It's possible to knock people out sometimes even with a lethal weapon. If the weapon has a secondary damage effect like fire, electricity, etc, that brings an enemy down to 0 hitpoints, it will knock them out. Shooting them again will kill them.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2021, 21:26
Well, finished off the MQ the other day.
For those worried about taking the plunge - don't! - afterwards the game asks if you want to return to just before the point of no return, and gives you a reward as well.

I'm still not finished with the game. Going around doing gigs, and even got a couple of phone calls from characters I thought I'd finished with.
Also thinking of starting again, but this time going with a brutal melee type, and doing some things differently (e.g. not spurning Militech).
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

January 3rd, 2021, 00:39
Leaving combat balance out of it for the moment … I love the brutal melee type. I play both the tank type (20 in Body) and currently playing the DPS type (20 in Reflex … although I will have points to spread out either way).

I love the melee combat. I annoy my companions to no end when they tell me to go soft as a fox and instead I yell charge and just enter the fray directly.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

January 3rd, 2021, 01:56
Just want to say that I was sceptical about first person. But I have to admit it's awesome. Can't remember a game with this immersion.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Medieval Dynasty

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

January 3rd, 2021, 03:06
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Just want to say that I was sceptical about first person. But I have to admit it's awesome. Can't remember a game with this immersion.
Same, I was very skeptical. But here I am in loving the game.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

January 13th, 2021, 09:54
Yo, babes. This game is awesome! That's all

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

March 19th, 2021, 23:07
This worth it now? Still buggy? I've intentionally stayed away from reviews for the most part but GoG sent me a 20% discount coupon.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 23:13
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
This worth it now? Still buggy? I've intentionally stayed away from reviews for the most part but GoG sent me a 20% discount coupon.
I think it was worth it after the first few patches. They've done a couple more since I finished it, so it can only be better now.

I'd let your mood determine whether or not you get it now rather than worrying about bugs. If you're craving that setting, get it. There isn't anything else that's really similar.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 19th, 2021, 23:55
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Also received a GOG 20% discount coupon today. I'm on the fence…
--
Sou tricolor de corao!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

March 20th, 2021, 00:42
I didn't encounter a single bug so far, after 80 hours, also it runs like a dream, it is a very stable and smooth, at least on my rig. I know other have encountered more problems…

Don't hesitate just buy it, if you like the setting it is a GREAT game, and I seldom say that about games.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 29th, 2021, 16:00
I started a new play-through the last night choosing the Nomad path this time. About three minutes in and I encountered the first potentially game-breaking bug: it's still not possible to climb latters in one swift movement. You need to jump just at the end of latters to make it up. Had I not remembered this bug, I would not have proceeded the first mission. Oh, come on, CDPR, what have you been doing the entire year?

This at least using a controller on Stadia. Perhaps it works on other platforms.

PS. Obviously it is playable now (and a good game if that wasn't clear).

largh

Sentinel

November 29th, 2021, 16:50
While I'm sure I could play it on my 1080, I'll probably buy a new toy for Starfield and then I'll play Cyberpunk with all the bells and whistles
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

November 29th, 2021, 17:02
Originally Posted by largh View Post
I started a new play-through the last night choosing the Nomad path this time. About three minutes in and I encountered the first potentially game-breaking bug: it's still not possible to climb latters in one swift movement. You need to jump just at the end of latters to make it up. Had I not remembered this bug, I would not have proceeded the first mission. Oh, come on, CDPR, what have you been doing the entire year?

This at least using a controller on Stadia. Perhaps it works on other platforms.

PS. Obviously it is playable now (and a good game if that wasn't clear).
That's good design. Otherwise you have situations where you don't intend to climb the ladder but you stick to it when you run by and get too close. That's infinitely more annoying than having to "step up" onto the ladder (aka jump). Assassin's Creed games had the same issue with parkour. In older games, you were constantly having your character running halfway up walls, trees, etc as you tried to run past them.

It's certainly not a bug. And it's certainly not "game breaking" in any case, though maybe you meant that to be tongue in cheek?

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

November 29th, 2021, 17:32
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
That's good design. Otherwise you have situations where you don't intend to climb the ladder but you stick to it when you run by and get too close. That's infinitely more annoying than having to "step up" onto the ladder (aka jump). Assassin's Creed games had the same issue with parkour. In older games, you were constantly having your character running halfway up walls, trees, etc as you tried to run past them.
You don't get it. It's the other way around. You can walk toward ladders and the character starts climbing. You press forward, climb until the end and then drop all the way down. It's clearly not a problem on other platforms, but is documented for Stadia: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comm…punks_ladders/

One could call it game-breaking had one not read that thread and crouched before climbing, jumped at the top or looked down while climbing (I figured the jumping last year by myself).
Last edited by largh; November 29th, 2021 at 17:46.

largh

Sentinel

November 29th, 2021, 18:39
You're right that I read that wrong. Thought you meant at the bottom of ladders, not the top.

Still not game breaking. Game breaking means it breaks the game. Pretty simple. If you can get around it as easily as you describe, it's annoying and immersion-breaking, but in no way game breaking.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 29th, 2021, 19:26
Still not game breaking. Game breaking means it breaks the game. Pretty simple. If you can get around it as easily as you describe, it's annoying and immersion-breaking, but in no way game breaking.
What if I wasn't as smart as I am or didn't know how to Google?

largh

Sentinel

November 29th, 2021, 19:41
Besides that issue, how well does it run on Stadia? Do you get any lag?

I've never used Stadia, but I was curious about it. The biggest obstacle for me would be having to use a gamepad for everything.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 29th, 2021, 20:46
Originally Posted by largh View Post
What if I wasn't as smart as I am or didn't know how to Google?
Ineptness could render any game broken if you look at it that way.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

+1:

November 29th, 2021, 21:42
Ineptness could render any game broken if you look at it that way.
Those puzzles. They are game-breaking in most games

largh

Sentinel

November 29th, 2021, 21:46
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Besides that issue, how well does it run on Stadia? Do you get any lag?

I've never used Stadia, but I was curious about it. The biggest obstacle for me would be having to use a gamepad for everything.
It runs very well indeed. I got it on Stadia because they had a pre-order campaign which gave Stadia (Chromecast and one controller) for free if you bought the game. The good side with Stadia is that you can play it from anywhere - also from Chrome browser on a PC or Mac. Then it works with keyboard and mouse. My gaming computer is not powerful enough to run modern AAA games and I do not game enough to justify buying a new one. The downside with Stadia is that you have to pay 10$ / month for 4K and surround sound, otherwise it is like gaming on a powerful computer. If you do not need 4K, you pay only for the games (there aren't too many available).

largh

Sentinel

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Is it playable?