The TV Series discussion thread

Better Than Us

I started watching Better Than Us on Netflix. It's a Russian show about a futuristic world where bots are used for menial tasks. The show reminds me a lot of the game "Detroit: Become Human". Essentially, a corporation has developed a bot, which can learn about human concepts and family has to deal with this whilst the corporation tries to find the bot.

I suggest trying it out.

Not a single word for a week? People, please!
I want to watch this crazyness asap:

For this series you loose something when it's dubbed. The language, including Old Norwegian (the language spoken around year 1000), adds significantly to the experience for me.

pibbur who admints that it also helps being familiar with a Scandinavian language.

Better Than Us

...a Russian show about a futuristic world where bots are used for menial tasks.
I suggest trying it out.
Thought it's another remake of Äkta Människor - now I see it's not.
Thanks, will go for it for sure.

Dave Chappelle's new show on Netflix is pretty good. Not good as some of his older stuff so I would rate it as 7/10. He does touch on some sensitive stuff so some people may not like it so be warned.

Also Carnival Row from amazon is pretty good as well, I was pleasantly surprised. Only saw 3 episode so far and there is 8 in total. It has very high production values and we acted too.

Better Than Us

(..) The show reminds me a lot of the game "Detroit: Become Human". (...)

Haha, I had the same feeling as you. Just watching the TV show makes me wanna play the game :)

Westworld S2. What happened to all the naked girls? I miss Thandie's nips! Also plot holes are really bugging me. There is a breakdown here https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a860554/westworld-plot-holes-season-2/ In particular
How has Bernard kept his secret so long? Wouldn't HR have a lot of loose ends - how does he pay his taxes? Seriously, nobody noticed he hasn't aged a day in 20+ years?

Haha, I had the same feeling as you. Just watching the TV show makes me wanna play the game :)
I don't have a ps4 but enjoyed watching it as a movie on YouTube...

I was thinking better than us is more about the breakage of asimovs laws actually. But still lots of similarities.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Westworld S2. What happened to all the naked girls? I miss Thandie's nips! Also plot holes are really bugging me. There is a breakdown here https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a860554/westworld-plot-holes-season-2/ In particular
How has Bernard kept his secret so long? Wouldn't HR have a lot of loose ends - how does he pay his taxes? Seriously, nobody noticed he hasn't aged a day in 20+ years?
I loved season 1 but couldn't stomach season 2. It felt like everything went downhill quickly.
Not interested in rest of series.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Season 2 of Westworld wasn't bad at all. Thing is, anything was going to feel like a disappointment compared to Season 1. That was inevitable.

Season 3 looks intriguing.

Wrapped up Mindhunter season 2. I liked the first season more; this latest stuff seems dragged out. I also don't really care for whole relationships melodrama being explored with the doctor and partner.

Next up, maybe Dark... JDR keeps going on about it!

Finished Season 2 of Dark last night. Mind is blown…
You've talked me into it, I will watch the Darks (both seasons).

pibbur who is sure that the 13th jdr realizes that he will be held responsible if he (who) doesn't like it.

Started Another Life, Netflix, got 5 episodes in and quit. Speeded through last episode and felt I missed nothing. Too Bad, I like the actors overall but the direction was terrible. Kate grimaced through out the whole show… why ????

Completed Glow (Netflix, 3 seasons) About the start up of a women's wrestling league in the 80s. Some good behind the scenes stuff, that gave me a good appreciation of the sport. The character motivation were way to all over the map and detracted a bit but overall it was a fun binge session.

There are a couple of Black Mirror type series on Amazon.(Silent eye and Back Pages) On both series the episodes are very short (15 min) and they all kind of end on a strange note but Silent Eye is the better of the two. Writing is kind of amateurish on both but Silent Eye is far better produced. It also has better stories.

Forgot
Finished Wu Assassins. Just as good as The Boys. Bad thing about binging good shows is you have so much longer to wait for the next season.

I'm still watching the second season of The Outpost. The series started somewhat poorly but has actually grown better over time as the characters have been further developed. I'm enjoying it a lot more now.

Watched the first two episodes of Dark on my training bike today. And ….

I really liked it. It's got that nice, eerie what-is-going-on-here-things-cannot-be-what-they-seem (and how-are-they-going-to-get-away-with-it) feeling. Thanks for the recommendation.

No hostile messages from Norway to Florida today!!!

Pibbur who will give this one top priority over other series he has yet to finish (Penny Dreadful and Orphan Black, not counting GoT which he has no intention of finishing).

PS. I assume the series is dubbed over there? Too bad, I like the sound of the German language, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much of it I still understand after all those years. DS.

PS. I assume the series is dubbed over there? Too bad, I like the sound of the German language, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much of it I still understand after all those years. DS.
By default yes, but you can change to German with subs in settings.

Watched the first two episodes of Dark on my training bike today. And ….

I really liked it. It's got that nice, eerie what-is-going-on-here-things-cannot-be-what-they-seem (and how-are-they-going-to-get-away-with-it) feeling. Thanks for the recommendation.

No hostile messages from Norway to Florida today!!!

Pibbur who will give this one top priority over other series he has yet to finish (Penny Dreadful and Orphan Black, not counting GoT which he has no intention of finishing).

Glad you're enjoying it, pibbur. It only gets better as the season goes on.

Back
Top Bottom