Krai Mira - Easter Edition

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The post apocalytic RPG Krai Mira has got a major update:

Easter Edition
  • New locations: Terminal, Dead City, Otrog labs, Foreland, Meganome, Lone Island
  • 16 new random locations and random mob groups
  • Global Map altered
  • Monsters: HomoDrill, PigBull, Ankor
  • New dialogues and NPCs
  • Armour: Dog Armour, Avia helmet, Tank helmet
  • Weapons: 'Drummer' pistol, self-made pistol, 'Hot spray' flamethrower, BabyGun, 'Cerber' crossbow, 8-arrow spring bow, 'Redding' and 'Scout' rifles, Ball minigun, Hydro Fist
  • Terrain objects (dead ships, crashed helicopter/plane, oil pump, ruined bridge, bikes, cars, boat wreck)
  • Blackjack mini game
  • Slot Machine mini game
Improvements:
  • Inventory items sorting by type
  • GUI ('flying' damage points, coloured speech in scenarios, ammo reloaded from Inv)
  • Random locations and mobs depend on global Map coordinates
  • Radiation resistance for armour
  • 2X chances to hit trapped enemies in Aim weapon mode
  • Global map resize
  • V-Sync (option in Settings)
  • Post-Processing (option in Settings)
Bugs fixed:
  • Bug when player sometimes doesn't react on Loot
  • Distant weapon 'walking' bug
  • 'Evade with rifle' bug
More information.

This game was better from the start than overbloated crappy Wasteland 2.

You can switch between Turn-Based and Real-Time combat. Awesome!

Last edited:
On their website they say:
Krai Mira has no predetermined storyline, and the player has a great number of the ways of development
So it's pure sandbox?

Nice, looks very promising !!
Keeping an eye on this one.

I am replaying the Directors Cut of Wasteland 2. I very rarely replay games and I think Wasteland 2 is a tremendous game. The battles and character development is just right. I hope they make a Wasteland 3. One of the best turn based RPG's I have ever played.

Will keep an eye out for Krai Mira. I always enjoy this kind of setting and if it is turned based then will give it a go.

I've played wastland 2 twice. The first time i didn't really appreciate it and it was dwarf'ed by D:OS. The second time I paid more attention to what was going on and the added voice over helped. While I prefer D:OS combat (which I find a lot of fun but totally imbalanced towards initiative); I actually felt after the second play through that wasteland 2 was a much deeper game. There are few a few twitch areas in california where the options seem ambigouis (dialog choice) but the impact is quite significant. I wish there was a bit more clarity in the potential impact of your actions (or the implied action from the dialog choice) but I think overall it is under-rated Rpg.
-
As to Krai Mira I have no played but from the description it has no story and therefore does not interest myself. Heck even King Bounty has a story that moves the game forward :)

I am replaying the Directors Cut of Wasteland 2. I very rarely replay games and I think Wasteland 2 is a tremendous game. The battles and character development is just right. I hope they make a Wasteland 3. One of the best turn based RPG's I have ever played.

Will keep an eye out for Krai Mira. I always enjoy this kind of setting and if it is turned based then will give it a go.

I have played the Krai Mira version before this update. I really dig the look and the setting. Although, this is still pretty rough and needs some serious additonally work. I encountered a game-breaking bug on the second or third map.

I still hope this will be an underground Fallout some day. I will wait for the final release before replaying, though.

I've been curious about this one. The lack of story and lack of controlling a group in combat are negatives for me. I prefer to manage a team in turn-based games.

On a different note, I think the guy on the cover art looks like a bald Orlando Bloom on steroids.

On a different note, I think the guy on the cover art looks like a bald Orlando Bloom on steroids.

So he does!
I agree with you about the lack of story being offputting. I'll wait for more Watcher feedback about this one I think.
Also, being able to switch between real time and turn based combat sounds good in principle, but I'd rather they'd focussed on one combat type and made it awesome than try to please everyone.

I am nuts about Wasteland 2. Which is funny in some ways, because I don't like a lot of the stories they are telling and the horrible stereotypes they use, but I just love the way they TELL them. i love the turned based combat, the character development, the 7 member team squads (with 4 you create) hits the sweet spot in my need for character creation and NPC interaction. the way that 3 of your guys can die and you can still keep playing. But they do a good job of having your choices have consequences, and they do a good job of reinforcing the idea that sometimes the best decision doesn't turn out the way you would like. If W2 had more attribute based PC/NPC interaction triggers it would be almost perfect in terms of basic gameplay (except maybe that map). It would be nice if intelligence dictated conversation responses, and/or perception, and/or charisma. I think the group dialogue mechanic would have to be tweaked for this to happen.

It will be interesting if Krai Mira will borrow from W2 much, or be something totally new. I look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom