Please help me identify an old RPG I use to play

Myoldgame

Watcher
Over head RPG game
This was back in windows 98 era probably about 98-2000 give or take year or two
I had it on a demo disc

I can't remember loads about it but I remember you controlled only one character at a time and it was overhead like age of empires
and it was set in sorta Age of empires/medieval time perioid with melee weapons
You could Loot in the game and also there was like a little base part you could visit outside of the map which was like a little village sorta but just a single still picture and on the right you could click to go into a little shop to buy weapons / armour etc from a vendor. The stuff was up on the wall - again just a stagnant image not much going on

I know this description is limited but it's the most I can remember about it and I absolutely loved the game and have been trying for years to find the name of it!

Thanks for your time and hope someone can ID it or have a rough idea!

Do you remember whether it was turn based or real time hack and slash?

Was it more like a jrpg style? Did it have magic/wizards? The only western action rpg i can think of around that time with a single town where you went to stock up is darkstone.

Might it have been one of the Rage of Mages games?

Yay I think you might be right!
Am I right in saying the vendor is at the right in that door with the guy outside?
Iv attached a pic
If so then I think it is indeed rage of mages II
I absolutely loved this game! Am I the only one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 82
The game your looking for is Rage of Mages 2. I still own the original CD's from when I bought them in the past. I haven't played the games in a few years though.

Link- http://en.nival.com/games/pc-games/rage-of-mages-2

I remember enjoying the game series back then, but I'm not sure I would now.:)

Thanks that's cool. I think it's more of a nostalgia thing for me as I think it was actually the very first game of that genre I ever played.

Rage of Mages 1 & 2 are predecessors of Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul - I can recommend this game to you - great fun.

Thanks for this post, it got me thinking of a game played years ago and couldn't remember the name of as well.
I googled "game from the 80's where you lived in trees" boom there it was "Below the Root"

Glad u found it mate. I never thought I'd ever find the name of my one! Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom