Divinity: Original Sin II - About VR, Modding and Development

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios jumps on the VR bandwagon and adds support for it into Original Sin 2. A very preliminary version of it is build into Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

Now, we cordially invite you to JOIN US in testing out our first attempt at VR gaming.

Who? PC players of Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition

What? Larian’s first in-game VR mode. You do NOT need a VR headset to try it.

Where? In your own living room/ dungeon/ Void

When? Right now!

How?
- Fire up Steam or GOG and download the most recent update for Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition.
- Start a new game. (The new mode won’t work in older saved games.)
- Conduct a little treasure hunt around the starting area of the game (VR-goggle engineering imps are known to hide loot along walls and behind crates) and you'll find a very special bag with everything you need to try the new mode.

Let us know what you think at the Larian forums.
Also the Enhanced Edition is now available for Mac owners and the Enhanced Edition editor is available.

We are also happy to announce that the editor we used to make Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition is now available on PC and Mac. This is a very powerful tool that can be bent and twisted to your will. Make simple mods to the game, or craft new adventures all your own.

Join our Editor community to learn more, watch tutorials, or share your own tips and tricks.
If you want to meet the Larian team, they are present at Pax East and EGX Rezzed in London.

More information.

VR, blargh!

Well, I suggest we send our Champion HiddenX to test out the new VR feature, by battling against another Codex member. This time he shall triumph :)

I think they're just yanking our chain. What's the date again...

I know he said it wasn't a joke, but is it a joke? Do the avatars just put on a pair of goofy glasses and run around or is he serious?

How would VR even work in a top down game????

There's an Oculus release title that's a top down strategy game. You sort of float around and look down at the action. I imagine they could do it with D:OS, if they really thought it was worth it.

VR without any hardware, that can be found in the game and then used.....
April is coming!

Go to the crate and find out ! Btw in some parts of the world it is april 1st.

That makes sense, April fools on us. Of course, this just makes me love Larian even more.

Wat? :|

I needed that curve-shooting bow at the end of the arena battle :)

Well now I know how you can do VR on a top time game (I installed the patch). lol

The new mode is just beautiful, try it out! It looks like to be in the Matrix. I am going to play an entire new game using the in game "VR" mode, so nice... and so Larian....

Larian do be usin' da Windows 10! (Unless he just snagged the background pic and used it. Which, by the way, is great fun to do at work if your workplace hasn't gone to Windows 10 yet. Stick that wallpaper in as your lock screen background and arrange for an IT guy to wander by.)

Back
Top Bottom