BioWare - Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced

ME:A is "not necessarily a sequel", which means that it is a sequel but the Biodrones are so anal that if it's not in the Milky Way and doesn't have Shepard as main character they don't even consider it a Mass Effect game that the dev didn't want to embark in the argument.

You know, after some of the crazy shit in Mass Effect 3 like...

EDI coming to life as a cyborg woman... which was arguably one of the biggest WTF moments I've had in my gaming history ever :)

... I would not totally put it beyond BioWare to do more crazy shit like putting Sheps (and/or other former crew members) in cryostasis for a few hundred years to explain how they survived the trip to Andromeda.
I seriously hope I'm wrong though and that BioWare will have the guts to start fresh and won't listen to the "OMG I CANT PLAY DIS IF IT DONT HAF SHEPS!!11" fangurl brigade ;) .

was arguably one of the biggest WTF moments I've had in my gaming history ever :)

Somebody, although 20 years passed from it's release, still didn't watch Ghost in the Shell.

Please do before everyone who worked on it dies (Origa, singer in the score of linked opening, died earlier this year).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4

Oh and do watch the version 2.0. They polished animations and sounds more. Everything else is the same as the original version.

You know, after some of the crazy shit in Mass Effect 3 like…

EDI coming to life as a cyborg woman… which was arguably one of the biggest WTF moments I've had in my gaming history ever :)

… I would not totally put it beyond BioWare to do more crazy shit like putting Sheps (and/or other former crew members) in cryostasis for a few hundred years to explain how they survived the trip to Andromeda.
I seriously hope I'm wrong though and that BioWare will have the guts to start fresh and won't listen to the "OMG I CANT PLAY DIS IF IT DONT HAF SHEPS!!11" fangurl brigade ;) .

If the people who get to Andromeda leave before ME3 ending, well, it removes a lots of characters from being available…and that is most probably what will happen to avoid having to deal with the 4 possible endings to the game (they said there was no forced canon).

Although, I personally want Shepard to be the antagonist, totally taken over by the Reapers, but I doubt BioWare has the balls to do that.

Although, I personally want Shepard to be the antagonist, totally taken over by the Reapers, but I doubt BioWare has the balls to do that.

I don't know.... I believe I'd strongly prefer if they really start fresh on a blank slate with only historical references to the Milky Way galaxy and the actions of a Commander Shepard some centuries ago.
It could be quite interesting if the game's premise would be the player being part of kind of a Noah's Ark mission to the Andromeda galaxy with some of the last survivors from each race aboard the "ark".

Generally re Shepard as an antagonist, I'm not a big fan of one single humanoid antagonist, especially if the game is set in a galaxy that might be populated by trillions of creatures/people. I found it kind of silly in ME1 when the whole council and galaxy was scared of one "small" Saren (i.e. before they even knew he was going to initiate the Reaper/Sovereign invasion... later on, of course, there was plenty reason to be afraid of his actions once they knew what he was up to).

I'm not a big fan of one single humanoid antagonist,

Well he wouldn't be alone, he would have an army of Geth Heretics* following him and the new Galaxy would have a bunch of local enemies too, just not tied to the main plot like all the outlaws and mercs in the previous games. Yeah, I'm kinda expecting a ME1 plot redux, but without the Specter/Citadel crap.

*The enemies in the trailer looks like Geth (legs, head shape and shoulders), even their weapons have Geth weapon sound. Also the towers that raise up the ground looks exactly like the Geth comm towers on Virmire in ME1. If they are not Geth, that was major recycling from the devs.

To know if its prequel OR sequel? :)

To know what?

New York is used in hundreds of fictional romance works. All are either prequels or sequels to each other.

Who bothers to know if Jane meets Joe before Paul and Paula are a couple?

Revealing that one episode is placed after another one timeline adds nothing. Knowing that the plot between the episode is intertwined adds something.

In retrospective, the answer is rather smart and makes the most of the question.

When a sequel is meant to expand on the plot of a previous episode, it is forcefully set after the previous episode.
When a prequel is meant to explain how the situation of the original work was reached, it is also forcefully set before.

Between choosing to know whether stories are disjointed or knowing whether when stories take place, people went for the non informative part.

Clever answer that helped people to focus on the informative part: stories are going to be disjointed, the time of happening does not matter.

Since the press conference I have "Ghost riders in the sky" in my brain … It's in the movie "Blues Brothers 2000" as well.

Well, I've opened a thread about an hour ago on official board, and people are already sharing their thoughts/trolls:
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/556443-dragon-age-bears-with-guns/

The leap between bears and beetles is too big. I would expect slower evolution from EA. What about…. Mass Effect: Bugbears! :p

With Miranda's grand-daughter: :)

bugbear_mercenary_by_muppet_man.jpg

No official word on the matter however.

Joxer, I see it that they either ban you or award you with the title "Bear master". Or maybe there will be different creature in the title, but… lets forget about details. :biggrin:

Looks to me like King Kong & Jane. :D

The origins of that image are far, far, far older than you might imagine, by the way !
In Mesopotamian culture (or even Sumerian before that), there was a Goddess, which was often depicted as having lions or other creatures to the left and the right of her - and her often sitting on a throne in that picture.

So, this kind of image - a beautiful woman being guarded by powerful creatures - is probably 5000 years old or even older.

Yes, sadly, I was shocked too back then, didn't know she was ill.
One thing is sure, she left us one of the most attractive food for our soul. I mean... Those of us who don't turn off the music.

Back
Top Bottom