Mount & Blade II - Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Videos

Yeah! looks great!
i was dissapointed with those last M&B games, but now i'm exited once again

Instabuy

Neat improved sieges, many people wanted that. Replay system? People interested in that? Graphics upgrade nice but not my main interest?

But they sure gave you a hell of a lot of footage of that board game, didn't they?

The most important thing for me is to know what they'll do with the 'strategic' layer. If I have to keep running around towns recruiting 5-10 people to fill my castles, I'll have to wait until someone mods it or something. I could never finish a M&B game, as soon as my realm grew into several castles, my interest to continue died.

Neat improved sieges,many people wanted that.
The video does not allow to tell that. The video shows the introduction of machines that are not enough to tell of improved sieges.

Historically, with that level of technology, sieges were not resolved in a matter of days. People had to seat around for a long period of time (hence the name siege)

Original designs in the M&B series show that the devs wanted to get sieges.
They wanted strongholds to fall after a long time.

The sequence in war they wanted to introduce:

• Declaration of war
  • Vassals are sent their order to muster troops, in the meantime, skirmish operations to decrease ressuply capacity are led both sides
  • Once the army is mustered, grand battle
  • The victor is given time to lay siege, the vanquished to muster a relief army

The whole process of capturing a stronghold was supposed to take much time.

From my time spent on both paradox forum and taleworld forum, the claim that players wanted improved siege phase is abusive.
Players consider M&B as a mere conquest game with the ultimate goal of conquering the whole map. If something, they rejected the idea of improved siege. They constantly bashed any measure that could make a stronghold impregnable.

Nothing in the vid show improved sieges. The thing showed in the video is that players might use machines to perform what they did in the previous M&B: taking over strongholds without spending time besieging.

That looked great! Well, except the board game. Kinda hoping I can skip that part.

Very nice! I currently trying M&B warband (my first experience with a M&B game). and I am having a real blast with it, so much pain and fun. This game has taken over my life.

Back
Top Bottom