RPGWatch - Taking an Early Look at The Surge

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
One of the games at Gamescom I checked out was Deck 13's new action-RPG The Surge. Unfortunately there was not much that could be shared about the game. Still I managed to jot down a couple of paragraphs.

The game is set in the near future, some 60 years from now when the technology that humanity has come to depend upon has turned against it. The world has becoe a devastated place where enhanced humans and inhuman creatues live among the ruins of a technologically gifted society. This is a future with a sufficient amount of problems to need a hero.

It is not an open world game. It is based on levels that you open up during the cause of the game, making your game world bigger and bigger. The game features respawns, but it is not entirely clear how this will implemented.
More information.

There were a few games that I checked out at Gamescom that did not have any gameplay to show: Elex, Spellforce 3, Victor Vran: Motorhead and this game: The Surge.

Thank you for all the info Myrthos! - another game to follow.

I'm not really interested into it's gameplay... I'm more interested to know, apart from mentioned boss fights, if it's a grinder. Time will tell probably.

Back
Top Bottom