Personal things you don't need to know

Who’s interested in a hot cake when you are bursting at the seams after licking the sweet dough from the utensils used baking four cakes? You’re sure your mum was not using “they are easier to cut then” as an excuse, waiting for her to have some space in her belly again, “many hours later”? :)

Hehe, though no. She never touches the mixture. Though, in my case, that would often be the closest I ever got to the cakes :D

I have eggs!!! Well not me personally - well i mean i do indirectly but not directly. They belong to my Mikrogeophagus ramirezi. I'd provide a picture but alas you can't upload images here (I'm not using a third party site for my eggs that is much too personal). I'm not sure how many I have - maybe 80? Anyone want to count them ?

Congratulations, you.

Third party site??

User CP -> Your profile -> Albums -> Add Album, etc.
After having created an Album: choose the Album -> Upload pictures.
After having uploaded the picture with the eggs: click on the picture in your album, copy the BBcode and paste it in your post right here. :)

Hey, we want proof!

Last edited:
Also, if you open the Advanced Editor there is a paperclip icon in the button bar, it allows you to upload an image from your computer and insert it in the post (it is a two-step process). That image is placed as a thumbnail in your post, which you can click to make it bigger, so it might be a bit smaller in the post than you want. In that case the album method described by Eye is better.

Ok. My eggs:

No touching !

(this is my smaller aquarium - i have a larger one for a different crowd)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 39
That is a lot!
Is it difficult to get them to produce eggs?

Last edited:
images

pibbur who wonders if ….

PS. On a serious note: How many of them do you expect to grow up? Assuming there are no oophagi around. DS.

Last edited:
That looks like a nicely kept environment for them. They must be comfortable in there if they're breeding.

I don't have any answers yet. They are said to be extremely fragile fishes (and the babies more so) so only time will tell. There are 4 Pangio kuhlii in the tank so it is hard for me to tell what will happen. All I know is that if they hatch (and if they do it should be by tonight); i have till tomorrow afternoon to find something for them to eat. It has been a long time since I've had an aquarium - when I was in grad school i had one and the angels always laid eggs but they never hatched. These two golds (you see one in the above picture) laid eggs 10 days earlier in a larger tank so i quickly set this smaller tank up for them to have some er privacy (and remove the pests that liked to eat their eggs). Unlike angels (which live 10ish years) and clown loaches (which live 30+ years); this breed is lucky to live 3 years - so if they do breed I hope to keep a couple of perpetuate them. They are said to be very good parents once they get the hang of things - so with luck they will do most of the work.

I'm back.

It always astonishes me how the Deutsche Bahn railway company manages to make journeys into an adventure.

"This ICE train is cancelled today."
"This train is an replacement for the ICE train."
I never take Dortmund as a starting point for my journeyss to Berlin anymore.

Most fun I had was walking over the abandoned Tempelhof airport field. Can you imagine that A whole airport and its landing field have been closed and reopened for the public ! Permanently !
Meanwhile, people still do hope that the new airport called BER will come into completion within the next few years...

They hatched - the father hid them under a nearby plant in the very back so I can't really see them well. He doesn't want me peeking. I'll try to feed them something tomorrow. They aren't really free swimming yet - just little things you can barely see.

Yes, I'm curious. I only ever had a goldfish, and he ate simple flakes. I'm guessing things get a lot more complicated.

Goldfinger lived for donkeys' years on his flakes, though. :p

The problem is that the frys are tiny - they can't really eat flakes till they get older. The recommended food is vinegar eels or baby brine shrimp. Tiny stuff….

Yes, I'm curious. I only ever had a goldfish, and he ate simple flakes. I'm guessing things get a lot more complicated.

Goldfinger lived for donkeys' years on his flakes, though. :p

I see I excelled myself with my IT skills - sorry about that. Take 2!
There is an Edit button if you wanted to fix that link. Also, a Delete button within the Edit button. ;)

Well, while I'm here I might say something personal….

I bought a pizza stone from the hardware store so my home made pizzas have a crispy base. It cost $50 but it was totally worth it!

Looks like the kids vanished last night - not sure what happened but will provide an update in about 10-12 days when the parents try again. If they fail next time I will STEAL their eggs and sit on them myself.

That's a pity. I wonder if Daddy ate them. Nature has a habit of giving our sentimental perspectives a slap in the face. :p

Back
Top Bottom