BattleTech - Season Pass Complete

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new BattleTech update announces that the Season Pass is now complete.

Hey everyone, long time! Mitch here. I just wanted to let you know about two big releases today.

The first is free Update 1.8, which contains two beloved BattleMechs: the Warhammer and the Marauder! These classic 'Mech chassis are equipped with unique components that reflect their place in BT lore:

• WARHAMMER (70 Tons) - Its Optimized Capacitor Feeds increase the damage of all equipped Energy weapons.
  • MARAUDER (75 Tons) - Its Lance Command Module decreases the damage taken by it and its allies and gives a boost to Called Shots.
In addition to the two free 'Mechs, there's a bunch more cool additions in 1.8:

• Official Mod Support - With this release of BATTLETECH, we are introducing official mod support to the game and now support the ModTek format that the modding community are currently using. We've also added new mod management UI to the main menu to streamline mod use. As usual, use mods at your own risk. In-game modding tools are not included.
  • New Maps - Two new maps bring even more variety to your contracts: Jumbled Karst (an iconic rock formation set between two valleys), and Boulder Field (rolling hills and rocks dot this battle scarred landscape)
  • New contracts - Over 40 new contracts, including new persistent allied and enemy NPCs, and new contract variants that mix up the gameplay you've seen in new and unexpected ways. Battle a dangerous solo mercenary, train a group of overly enthusiastic rookies, and serve as the personal bodyguard of an arrogant noble.
  • New Events - We've added a slew of new mercenary travel Events to "enhance" your mercenary life.
  • Rebalanced Stores & LosTech - We've completely overhauled how weapons and equipment appear in our stores. Finding items is now more straightforward. We've also given LosTech items a boost in power to fit their legendary status.
  • New Star Map Weapon Store Filters - We've added a new filter dropdown to the star map that lets you view planetary industry by type and a tooltip that tells you what you can find in each star system.
  • Mech Viewer - Get a close-up view, rotate and customize your 'Mech paint pattern directly in the MechLab!
  • New Merc Company Crests - Scads of new emblems to choose from for your mercenary company, drawn from notable factions throughout the Inner Sphere. Roleplay your heart out!
And there's more! Our second release today is our third expansion for BATTLETECH, closing out our Season Pass.

[...]
More information.

So does that mean I can finally play it, right? :p :p

If you do, let me know how if it's better now than it was a launch. Didn't really grab me then. Wondering if it's worth getting the expansions and taking a real run at the game. Specifically, has combat improved?

Give the modders a weekend to get a head start then GO GO GO!

DLC-ly reminder: Once RogueTech has integrated this, it will be glorious. (Might be a few weeks, though.)

Not gonna go back to vanilla anytime soon.

… don't care.

17 days to go for the real deal.

:>

I sure will get MW 5 once the beta testing on Epic is done.
It will likely be a fun game for some stompy and shooty action, although I doubt it will have the longevity the tactical gameplay of RogueTech has for me.

RogueTech. I'll try to remember that. Thanks.

DLC-ly reminder: Once RogueTech has integrated this, it will be glorious. (Might be a few weeks, though.)

Not gonna go back to vanilla anytime soon.

Is it just the main game with more options, or is a complete makeover with an other story? (too lazy to search at the moment)

Is it just the main game with more options, or is a complete makeover with an other story? (too lazy to search at the moment)

It's a sand-box, but you can also play the campaign (as a Flashpoint) and other Flashpoints.
Combat in RT is much deeper and uses its own mechanics to get closer to the tabletop.
You will also get a LOT of new Mechs, weapons, equips, etc. Kitting out your new Mechs is half the fun anyway.

It's a sand-box, but you can also play the campaign (as a Flashpoint) and other Flashpoints.

Combat in RT is much deeper and uses its own mechanics to get closer to the tabletop.

You will also get a LOT of new Mechs, weapons, equips, etc. Kitting out your new Mechs is half the fun anyway.
I tried installing rogue tech and it doesn't work for me. Is it not patched to work with the latest version yet?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I tried installing rogue tech and it doesn't work for me. Is it not patched to work with the latest version yet?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes, you have to opt into beta on Steam/GoG to revert to 1.7.1
Integration of official patch 1.8 and Heavy Metal is worked on right now and might take a while longer.

Nothing new as every Paradox game has you reverting patches just to play mods.The current problem lies with the updated launcher for HOI 4 that wont launch the downloaded mods.:(

I own this game and one of the DLCs but I haven't played it yet. Is it pretty good then? I don't know much about it, other than it involves mechs. Is the campaign pretty open and interesting to play through? How's the customization and loot systems? Any stat systems you need to pay attention to? Thanks in advance.

Nothing new as every Paradox game has you reverting patches just to play mods.The current problem lies with the updated launcher for HOI 4 that wont launch the downloaded mods.:(

The fact that Paradox makes it easy to revert to old versions so you can play un-updated mods is a service, not the lame inconvience you make it sound like here. It is unequivocably not Paradox's responsibility to make sure their game continues to be compatible with every existing mod every time they want to update their games.

HOI4 mods work just fine. Paradox gave some very basic instructions on how to get them to work, which involves going all the way to the game launch screen and then quitting.

Last edited:
I own this game and one of the DLCs but I haven't played it yet. Is it pretty good then? I don't know much about it, other than it involves mechs. Is the campaign pretty open and interesting to play through? How's the customization and loot systems? Any stat systems you need to pay attention to? Thanks in advance.

I think it's great. I liked Battletech to begin with so that obviously helps, but if you enjoy tactical RPGish games in general (XCom, Battle Brothers, etc, etc) you'll probably like this one.

There's a story campaign, and there's a sandbox mode. I like both. If you own the DLC, then the sandbox mode is a great deal more interesting as it will contain Flashpoints, which are specific contracts/stories. There's good variety in the mission types, regardless. A fairly large number of events (with 3-5 options of resolution each) also inject personality.

The "loot" lies in the different mechs and their variants, and the weapon systems and mods you can mix and match among them. The combinations are virtually endless, so yeah, there's a lot of fun to be found in the customization of your mechs and (to a lesser extent), their pilots.

The combat itself isn't overly complicated, but it is complex. Juggling things like heat vs damage, ranges, evasion, stability (mechs can be knocked over), biome effects, armor management (making sure your barely hanging on right arm isn't in the line of fire, for example, or jump jetting over an enemy so you can blow off their arm that has half their weapons mounted on it, for another)… and lots more. Plenty of room for decisions to matter, both in combat and in preparation for it.

Back
Top Bottom