The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition Released

Well, if Ubersampling=2 (the value set by the ingame configurator…

Ah I see it now. I thought it was a 2-bit value with 0=off and 1=on but now it makes sense why you didn't get a slideshow with the setting at "1" if "2" is the real SuperUberUltraSampling ;) . If "1" is really just 16x AF then the performance hit should indeed be minimal. Makes sense now.
Sorry about the confusion. I misunderstood your original post due to my wrong assumption regarding the possible settings.

My only issue right now is that I'm force to run the game in 16:9. Otherwise I get a black screen in some cinematics. It looks ok in 16:9, but I'd prefer it to use 16:10 since I'm running in 1920x1200.

Ah so it's not meant to be an artistic feature like a fade in or out with a black screen? :)
Dammit... here I waited over a year for them to get that EE out the door and they still can't do 16:10 right? WTF?

/not amused

Sorry about the confusion. I misunderstood your original post due to my wrong assumption regarding the possible settings.

No problem. Actually I do that a lot: trying to be brief in my posts I somehow assume that people can see inside my mind instead of being more specific ;)

Ah so it's not meant to be an artistic feature like a fade in or out with a black screen? :)
Dammit… here I waited over a year for them to get that EE out the door and they still can't do 16:10 right? WTF?

/not amused

Nope, it seems it just can't display certain cinematics (since it doesn't have a problem with other cinematics) if you display ration is in 16:10. The moment I changed my ratio to 16:9 the cinematics worked. But I have to play with 2 black bars at the top and bottom since my monitor is 16:10. :(

I am sure most of us here can do without and just focus on enjoying the game ;)

Isn't that what consoles are for? ;)

Nope, it seems it just can't display certain cinematics (since it doesn't have a problem with other cinematics) if you display ration is in 16:10. The moment I changed my ratio to 16:9 the cinematics worked. But I have to play with 2 black bars at the top and bottom since my monitor is 16:10. :(

Odd. No problem on the wife's 16:10 display at all.

Odd. No problem on the wife's 16:10 display at all.

It's just for certain cinematics. For the example the first one after escaping from the prison, before getting to Flotsam. The one narated by Dandelion.

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raT_1gbWeng

Did it work for you with 16:10? On mine and other people's 16:10 resolutions it didn't.

Heathen :shakefist: Just buy two gtx680 in SLI, problem solved :deal:

I couldn't even afford one of them. My budget is stretched thin right now. I'll have to stick with my gtx480. At least I'm thankful for consoles keeping upgrades to a minimum.

Yeah, even while I was looking at an upgrade (around fall) I'll probably just have to reign myself in.

Not much call for it until the Witcher 3 it seems…

Oh well, I'll have a peek again at the market, after the weather cools a bit and If I find a bargain (I bought my 5870 when its MSRP was 385 Euros but I got it at discount so it was more like 320) and can afford one… Another option would be a 7950 that I hope will be quite a bit cheaper by then (AMD Should downgrade its prices after the spanking it is getting… particularly after NVIDIA does on its refresh)… We'll see… /offtopic

It's just for certain cinematics. For the example the first one after escaping from the prison, before getting to Flotsam. The one narated by Dandelion.

Did it work for you with 16:10? On mine and other people's 16:10 resolutions it didn't.

I see, not checked EE exclusive cinematic yet. I remember The Witcher used to have problems with blocky cinematics at 16:10 so perhaps they've got something odd with their sizer.

It´s rather likely that´s actually the only cutscene with this problem.
The other Dandelion narrations work, for example.

Thanks for the link! So that's what I missed last night :) . I'm playing on a 16:10 screen as well and as I said above I was wondering about the screen staying black sometimes while I could hear the narration.
I really wish they would finally fix this as I seem to remember that the game has always had issues with a 16:10 resolution.
My second no. 1 wish or my no. 1 second wish ;) would be an option to change the field of view. It seems rather narrow. I got a slight headache and very mild nausea after playing for ~5 hours last night. I never get sick from games unless they have a FoV below 75 or something like that so I'm suspecting TW2 of being somewhere just around that value.
The third wish (and fourth and fifth and sixth... ;) ) would be more responsive controls, an option to zoom out just a little further, better focusing of items that can be manipulated or picked up and a slightly larger font for item descriptions and some of the ambient dialogue.
Kind of sad that an awesome game like this is somewhat tainted with quite a lot of annoying technical issues *sigh*…

Back
Top Bottom