Urban Strife - a TBS Survival RPG

USG_Mucifikatorul

Urban Strife Dev
2.jpeg

Somewhere in the south of the US, in the fictitious town of Urban, a small community is trying to survive an apocalyptic virus pandemic that almost wiped humanity off existence. You're dragged into their story half-dead, with a head concussion that leaves you with weird nightmares about a blurry past. These kind folks save your life and nurse you to health but soon they find themselves in a dire need of a hero. You're to help rebuid their dilapidated shelter, recruit a militia to defend it and venture out to seek allies and resources. And hopefully make it alive when the undead menace resurfaces.

Urban Strife is built on the foundation of old school TBS, with classic action point system, interrupts, skills and perks, health and stamina systems with afflictions and wounds. And on this base we built our own innovations, such as simultaneous zombie horde turn, real ballistics calculations for firearms, a captivating RPG storyline and dynamic map levels that change while the game progresses.

Urban Strife has been in development for more than 4 years now and we're atm working on a closed alpha build. Whitepond Games studio is a small indie studio, based in Bucharest and this is our first game. Some of us though have a decade or more of dev experience with AAA titles. For more details you're welcome to check out website: www.urbanstrifegame.com

Here are our latest alpha sneak peeks, showcasing looting, inventory crafting, character customization and firearms combat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome at the Watch, USG_Mucifikatorul.
Your videos did not load because you were using the wrong code.
Please check the second line in my signature. Thanks.

Hmm…last I remember reading on this forum wasn't the game on hold?

Anyway I could be mistaken but it does have my interest.:)

There was some news about it a month or two ago. I don't remember all the details, but it definitely looked like the production was going on. Something about the UI development.

Edit: it is the second linked video that I saw.

@Eye; - many thanks for the help!

Nope, not for a second. Development has been going on since more than 4 years ago, never stopped. We do have huge gaps in communication though, cause we'd rather use the time for actual development.

After Gamescom 2017 we completely redesigned the entire game. Said bye to everything nuXcom. Added RPG. Added base management and survival mechanics. Scraped dice-roll CTH and went with real ballistics and material resistance calculations for cover. So that's pretty much why we're (again) at alpha stage. But we're really proud of how the game shaped up so it was worth it.

@USG_Mucifikatorul

Thanks for the quick response. It was my mistake.:embarrassed:

One positive thing is the game looks to be inspired by Dead State.

Well, we did play Dead State and loved most of it. We also learned a lot of lessons from it, on the pitfalls of designing combat with numerous slow enemies, aka zombies. Hence our improved horde movement that brings together organically, based on individual sensors, all the zombies that sensed you.

We also have big plans for the shelter, but that's not ready for the public eye yet. It will be far more transformative than it was in DS, that I can tell you.

Small development update:
Last week we've tested internally our third pre-alpha build, meaning the core RPG mechanics we plugged in: dialogue, quests, recruitment, character customization, afflictions and pain, hunger and thirst, etc.

The next internal pre-alpha build will deal with zombie AI behavior. It is still work in progress, but we can show you a small sneak peek:

Last edited by a moderator:
BIG NEWS TODAY FOLKS!

White Pond Games studio is announcing a rollcall for a very exclusive FREE PRIVATE ALPHA TEST of our RPG Survival TBS, Urban Strife. We are providing limited, first-time ever access to the new build – and we need people who are willing to playtest extensively, give detailed and informed feedback and help us get the game ready for the Backer Build One. YOU CAN APPLY HERE: https://www.urbanstrifegame.com/pvt-form/

Hey folks, there's a new video update on Urban Strife development.

Check out our Advanced AI Cover Logic:

CLOSE QUARTER COMBAT (AI Cover Usage)

Turn 1: Evaluates the player’s position and maximizes damage by shooting multiple times without running to cover.

Turn 2: Because any obstacle breaking the line of fire counts as cover, due to the realistic ballistic simulation (the truck platform can stop bullets aimed lower) the AI takes partial cover without going right next to the truck and is still able to shoot twice this turn.

Turn 3: Takes the best available cover.

and join the USG FREE PRIVATE ALPHA TEST today @ https://www.urbanstrifegame.com/pvt-form/

Urban Strife is live on Steam! Four years after we got Greenlit by the community, we are ready to announce that USG will be coming to Steam Early Access this fall! You can wishlist Urban Strife here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/710230/Urban_Strife/

Congratulations! Since the goo'ol' days of Jagged Alliance 2 that I've been eagerly awating for its heir/spiritual successor. I wish you all the luck and success, I really hope your game thrives :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The genre is on my radar, but can't you check wine compatibility for potential mac/Linux compatibility/playability?

I know you probably have no Mac option and perhaps even no Linux option, just asking.

Game is quite easily portable on a variety of OSes and platforms, since at its core its UE4 + our own code. And there's hardly anything Windows specific in the code.

But we simply cannot afford to launch everything at once - that's a bad idea even for big companies. Just give us some time post-release and we'll sort this.

But we simply cannot afford to launch everything at once - that's a bad idea even for big companies.

Well, there is this recent game that…. oh, forget it, never mind!!

Back
Top Bottom