Welcome - introduce yourself!

As a Mod, I can only ban for specific crimes and spewing spam is not one of them. I can and do issue warnings, but only Admins have total banning power after an initial 10 day period.

I see. I would think the crime is covered by the rules on advertising, so perhaps some procedure for referring these sneakier cases up to admins is needed? It's clearly how they've adapted to the measures to shut out the bots, which has been very effective. Shame to let them sneak in the back door.

I don’t know in what way you report them, but I don’t recall anyone being reported in quite some time.

Hi. Oldschool gamer, old fan of RPGWatch back from the dot.com days. I probably have an ancient account associated with some old email but no luck remembering more.

Either way, I LOVE this place just for the memories lurking for so many years. Anyway, happy to find you all good people.

You ask why I joined today? Because unfortunately lately the forum is being infested with 2-3 noobs trolling the place and making it a mess and toxic place like RPGCodex.

So here I am, ready to discuss peacefully with the vast majority of the members, and make unfortamble clowns like Joxer and other ppl who downgrade this place. Thank you.

Welcome to the watch.

pibbur

PS. I don't think Joxer is a clown. Despite his occasional peculiarities, he's in my eyes a contribution to the watch. DS.

Last edited:
I don’t know in what way you report them, but I don’t recall anyone being reported in quite some time.

I hit the report button whenever I see a spammer, like I always have done. Just because I think it's important not to let spammers get a toehold in a forum. I've done it loads of times, mostly back in the days of the bot infestation.

I've done it a number of times with these new spammers, too. The last one was a probably a couple of weeks ago.

The policy has changed since the infestation. Now the first 5 posts are monitored and in case it is a spammer its posts (that are not yet visible if everything is working as it should be) are removed and the spammer is banned, permanently - by me. :) I was asked to do just that. So I am not monitoring or moderating anything else.
Normally I check twice a day.

But lately I have noticed that some with less than 5 posts seem to be visible to registered posters. They quote the person that should not yet be visible, for I had not validated their post(s) yet.
I asked Myrthos and he looked into it but could not find anything out of the ordinary.

Greetings from France!

I'm an insatiable gamer who always plays too many games at the same time ( currently trying a 100% Witcher 3, leading my company in Battle Brothers, finishing Dishonored 2 without using magic, testing a different builds in UnderRail, dying in Bloodborne and rushing Sonic Mania… ).

I've been reading this site for years for it simplicity; No bullshits here, only RPG news and passionate gamers. I love it!

See you.

Hey Winter and Welcome!

Underrail is an awesome game. And if I had more time I'd probably have looked into Battle Brothers...well, too much other stuff to do. ^^

And yeah, totally agree. It's the simplicity which is appealing. Combined with a great interface (e.g. auto notifications, even for comments on news threads) which other news sides are still unable to do, and a community which is passionate and has just the right size of being good enough to always find some different opinions and small enough to not drown in a massive spam fest.

Thanks for the welcome!

PS:Underrail is a love letter to the cRPG genre. It's a miracle of a game.

Underrail is excellent, I've played it through twice so far and I suspect a third time is imminent. Battle Brothers is another fine game and I'm sure I'll be doing a replay of that one at some point. Good to see you here and welcome to the forums, Winter!

Ah.. The coming of the lurkers! :)

I'm an insatiable gamer who always plays too many games at the same time
Too many?
currently trying a 100% Witcher 3, leading my company in Battle Brothers, finishing Dishonored 2 without using magic, testing a different builds in UnderRail, dying in Bloodborne and rushing Sonic Mania… ).
6. That's not too many, that's… eh… … slightly more than practically … eh… convenient?

I've been reading this site for years for it simplicity; No bullshits here, only RPG news and passionate gamers. I love it!

See you.
Amen to that.

pibbur who who doesn't play that many games at the same time, but who has installed far more games at any time. Just in case.

PS: Welcome to the watch. DS.

PPS. "Winterfart"? DS.

Last edited:
Thanks pibbur!
And also... What? "DS"? What does that mean?

Couch, I suscribed to the codex in a moment of despair :mourn:
I never commented there, though, those people scare me a little...

Thanks pibbur!
And also… What? "DS"? What does that mean?

Couch, I suscribed to the codex in a moment of despair :mourn:
I never commented there, though, those people scare me a little…

PS. stands for "Post Scriptum" ("After signature") and is used if you add something to a text after the signature. I guess you know that. DS stands for "Deinde Scriptum", "In stead of a signature" or "the same", meaning that the person who added the Post Scriptum also is the one who signed the document. If you ad more than one Post Scriptum you can start those with a PPS (Post Post Scriptum", PPPS and so on. But always only DS to end each addendum.

pibbur who likes PS's.

PS. I of course also like DS's. DS.

I know what PS means, but I had no clue for DS. We learn every day, thanks.

PS: just for pleasure.

PSS: Winter farts keep me warm. It's an homage.

PSSS: another one. For you.

PS: thanks Carnifex, didn't see your welcome last night...

Hello, my name is Adam and I'm an attorney who is trying to become an indie rpg/adventure game developer.

I always knew that rpgwatch existed, but I never signed up here for some reason. Was really glad when my project got posted on the front page (https://antiquity-games.itch.io/theseus-journey-to-athens) and decided to jump in and register.

Hey there and welcome! Always great to see more devs around here :)

Thanks, and being called a dev is definitely a new experience! I am working with GMS 2 right now, and hoping to make the leap to Unity for my next project. One thing that really surprised me was the degree of work that goes into the audio and visual assets, and the amount of planning and effort it takes to bring it all together into a single product.

Gone are the days where I could just think, "Hmm I'd like a game about x, why doesn't someone make it, can't be that hard or time-consuming!" :lol::'(

Back
Top Bottom