|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Harry Potter - Action RPG Game in Development

Default Harry Potter - Action RPG Game in Development

October 2nd, 2018, 10:23
RastaPasta reveals that a Harry Potter RPG is in development

loading…

Set in the 19th Century (1800's) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins o brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny - the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES - Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types -Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world. -Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic. -Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time., Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil. -Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

October 2nd, 2018, 10:38
This would be the first serious HP in ages. Since EA lost the license, we had only stuff like LEGO and poor mobile games.

Well..Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

wolfsrain

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 14:19
Photoshop.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 14:23
Doesn't look all that uninteresting, but give the boy a proper staff ( or melee weapon), looks silly using that pencil/whatnot.
Now that I remember there was one Harry Potter action game, but way too rough and monotonous.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 14:41
Harry Potter is another one that belongs in the landfill of our cultural mini dark age. (Not a fan.)
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 14:48
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Doesn't look all that uninteresting, but give the boy a proper staff ( or melee weapon), looks silly using that pencil/whatnot.
Now that I remember there was one Harry Potter action game, but way too rough and monotonous.
Don't make fun of the stick as every Wizard needs one in the Potterverse.

loading…

Give me a sorcerer or warlock over those pansies any-day.
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Harry Potter is another one that belongs in the landfill of our cultural mini dark age. (Not a fan.)
Sadly more books and movies are being made.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 20:27
Eh? That's odd. Not to stereotype people here, of course you understand, but everyone knows all Brits like three things in life: play cricket, drink tea and read Harry Potter.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

October 2nd, 2018, 20:45
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Eh? That's odd. Not to stereotype people here, of course you understand, but everyone knows all Brits like three things in life: play cricket, drink tea and read Harry Potter.
Oh God, no. That's just twee bullshit we hawk to tourists. A bit like the Royal Family.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

October 2nd, 2018, 21:24
I remember reading a PDF/leaked version of the first Harry Potter book (ooo!) - I thought it was a fake, it just seemed quite poorly written and derivative. Turned out it was the real thing ;-) There's much better 'young adult' fantasy - I remember the Golems' Eye etc - really enjoyed that.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 22:14
Oh God, no. That's just twee bullshit we hawk to tourists. A bit like the Royal Family.
What about making fun of the French? Is that a British thing?

On topic though, I rather like some of the ideas in the Harry Potter series, like the magic and the school, but I think there are a lot of problems with it as well. It's full of cliches (for me the worst offender is the "chosen one" thing) and Rowling seems to have gotten a bit full of herself, just to name a couple. I probably won't be getting the game, largely due to other games that look more interesting and limited time to play them all.

Rhawkas

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 22:44
Making fun of the French is certainly a more respectable activity than reading Harry Potter. But that's nonsense too, really - we get on well in reality.

There are many things I dislike about Rowling's writing, but the biggest problem is common to a lot of bad fantasy - she creates a fantasy world, but without its own firm rules and stakes. It's just an uncontrolled splurge of twee imaginings, and any moment some "magical" thingie can change everything. Very boring.
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

October 2nd, 2018, 22:46
If it's anything like the movies, I'll be staying far, far away from it.

However, I'm going to predict that Fluent will like it a lot.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 22:52
I certainly liked the books well enough. Of course I've read better Fantasy, but not many I want to read to my 6-year old daughter. Not a fan of the movies though.

I certainly think this sounds like it could be fun, since the video is now unwatchable I can't say more than that…

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2018, 22:58
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
I certainly liked the books well enough. Of course I've read better Fantasy, but not many I want to read to my 6-year old daughter. Not a fan of the movies though.

I certainly think this sounds like it could be fun, since the video is now unwatchable I can't say more than that…
It's probably much improved by translating it into Swedish. I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy it more.
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

October 3rd, 2018, 00:12
Although, to be honest I was already too old when HP came out. I know a lot of younger people for whom HP is what LotR was/is for me. A pity I know, but lets give the young'uns some leeway.
As for the new game… not interested.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 3rd, 2018, 00:16
Making fun of the French is certainly a more respectable activity than reading Harry Potter.
I agree with that statement.
--
How nice for you to meet me.

Winterfart

Passenger

+1:

October 3rd, 2018, 06:39
Hmm the video is now blocked. This makes me think that this might actually be real

Tiptoe

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2018, 09:39
Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
Hmm the video is now blocked. This makes me think that this might actually be real
It's now blocked because the footage was illegally leaked by a focus group.

Link - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2…ry-potter-game
Warner Bros. has now removed the footage on YouTube due to a copyright claim
So yes this game is definitely real.
Am told this is from a yet to be announced RPG currently titled Harry Potter Magic Awakened, although other titles including Magic Forever are also in the mix.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2018, 09:45
I might play it. I love the Harry Potter setting, but I suck at action games.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2018, 11:28
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
So yes this game is definitely real.
Honestly hoped it's photoshop.

In any case Warner is involved which means, no touchin' till I'm 100% sure no scam.
Shadows of Mordor2 turned out okay when they removed those from it. Just okay, it's not nearly as awsome as media suggests.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Harry Potter - Action RPG Game in Development