HOMM "Complete"

I've seen it once in a shop.

Huge package !

I've only played the demo of HoMM5, so I can't speak properly to that edition yet, but HoMM3 is the pinnacle of the series so far for me. I liked the campaigns in v2 better, but the mechanics in v3 are very, very good.

I actually took a peek at Amazon last night to see if there's a pre-order for the HoMM5 Gold (for the US) version up yet. No dice. :(

@dte: The least they could have done was release this for your birthday. What commie elitists. ;)

I think they'll wait til they've got all the NA mileage they can out of the newer titles. I just hope they do eventually bundle all of them, and not just make us a separate HoMMV Complete--though that would be better than nothing.

I think I'm gonna grab that edition that contains HOMM 3 & 4 complete, I've seen it on Amazon for around $15 + shipping.

I played, and replayed, and kept HOMM I & II Gold around since they were on store shelves originally. I always felt that III was slightly below II, but still good. I never tried IV, or V since I had a boycott of Ubisoft due to their use of Starforce. I recently found out that starting with HOMMV they've dropped Starforce, so I might consider picking things from them up now.

I bought the amazon version of homm5 som years ago and it included the whole series complete 1-5. I did go through it all (starting from kings bounty which was not included) allthough I had to skip som of the game in homm3 and especially 4 because othervice I would never be able to finish them. Also homm4 was pretty poor, especially after plaing 3. It was considerably uglier too even though sequels usually have atleast equal looks if not better.

Homm3 looks superb on a large 32" screen btw. Its like it was designed for it. The nice graphics and animations simply dont come out on a small screen.

I have the whole set too and I love all except HOMM5 because it's in 3D. It's a lot more practical to use 2D camera in games like HOMM and I still wonder why the devs decided to make it in 3D. HOMM4 that most people hate was quite good for me actually. You had those great stories like you were reading a book. Hero participation in battles was a nice touch. You had more options, your creatures could travel on the map and could be used instead of heroes if you had an emergency on your hands. The only thing I hated was the campaigns that were too short. It would be better if they made 2 campaigns (Good-Evil) with 30 missions each.

I played, and replayed, and kept HOMM I & II Gold around since they were on store shelves originally. I always felt that III was slightly below II, but still good.

I agree, HOMM 1 was a brilliant game for its time HOMM 2 perfected it. I loved HOMM 3 too, but it did have some flaws they didn't think about, or didn't have the time to fix?? I managed to get so many points in a campaign it broke the highscore list hehehe. The magic was a tad bit unbalanced, if you kept leveling your hero you could make minced meat of even the most powerful enemies.

HOMM 4 and 5 were huge dissapointments for me, letting the hero take part of battle was a big mistake in HOMM 4 I complated several stages with my hero alone without any creatures which ruined the point of the game completely. HOMM 5 was just MEH, it was the same as HOMM 3 just less good, and less beautiful.

European edition of Heroes of M&M 5 Gold - two game dvds, one covering the original campaign and Hammers of Fate, the other with Tribes of the East. Bonus DVD with extras and printed manual with 52 pages covering all three campaigns. Not bad for 10 EUR.:cool:

heroesvj8.jpg

Last edited:
You guys are so lucky. I wish they'd get on the stick and release that package on this side of the pond.

Any update on the "complete" collection? I've still yet to see it in any store, retail or online.

Also....can anyone tell me if the older HOMM games (1-3) work in Windows XP without any problems?

Last edited:
HOMM3 + all expansions works fine on XP--earlier than that dunno. AFAIK there's no word on when, if ever, they'll release that H5 collection in NA. I would think relatively soon--the 2nd expansion has been out for quite awhile now.

I've been keeping my eyes open for HoMM5 Gold, JDR. Still not a peep that I can find. Not a peep on a NA release of "Complete", either.

Pretty sure I ran HoMM2 on an XP machine, but I've slept a few times since I last played it. Not sure I could even find those disks to try it at this point.

Anyone have the "complete" editions of HOMM 3 or HOMM 4? I notice they sell pretty cheap. I was just curious if those versions came with the original booklets and maps, although I'm guessing they probably don't.

Uh, I have a budget version of both. They contain nothing but a DVD, I think.
Haven't installed them for a while.

I'm just holding out hope that the HoMM5 "gold edition" gets published as planned.

It's out isn't it? I've seen it in HMV, but resented having to buy the whole thing just to get tribes of the east. Annoyingly downloads of tribes of the east on its own are restricted to north america only, which pisses me off.

Back
Top Bottom