RPGWatch Feature - Game of the Year Awards 2019 - Best RPG

I am SO disappointed in you people right now…
Somehow I knew you were going to say that.

For those who don’t know, he says that almost every year :)

@Myrthos; the article says there are no editors choice awards, but Greedfall is marked as editor runner up?
A copy paste error from the article of last year, forgot to remove the text. There are no editor results.

If you are disappointed, you clearly set your expectations too high.

I, for one, am not disappointed.

Sheesh. I have to re try Outer Worlds. I just had no enthusiasm for that game. Made it off the first planet and lost interest. Nothing about it felt interesting or compelling to me. It was trivially easy to find bullets, lock picks and materials. Some of the dialog was nice, but it felt like I was playing Oblivion again, staring at talking mannequins. The combat was OK, but felt floaty and ungrounded. Increasing difficulty just made the enemies bullet sponges and killed the lame-AI companions.

I do respect opinions here. So maybe I need to give it another try. Any suggestions?

...and Greedfall? Clunky fighting. And a complete slog at the beginning. Huge, empty rooms and so much running back and forth. Maybe I'm just burned out on CRPGs.

Cant believe my eyes - Outward made up to 4, so it isn't that hopeless here after all!

nice to see my pick at least made the top 10. More of a RTSG but it had quite a lot of story.

That was my 2nd choice. :)

I didn't see much love for it here. I don't think it was open enough for most people, but, to me, it was just an RPG without all the time wasted walking around.

That was my 2nd choice. :)

I didn't see much love for it here. I don't think it was open enough for most people, but, to me, it was just an RPG without all the time wasted walking around.

I certainly found it enjoyable, but it was more a puzzle/strategy hybrid than RPG to me so that's why it didn't get any votes from me.

They are all on the wishlist, so I will play them at some point. I just didn't think any of them were interesting enough to pay full price or play them immediatly.

BTW, if you people enjoyed Outer Worlds and GreedFall so much, I recommend trying Gujian : https://store.steampowered.com/app/994280/Gujian3/
It's always online singleplayer game.
The last time I played such game was homm6 that locked the part of your inventory every time Ubi servers were down and that was too frequent thus I still remember the annoying DRM idiocy.

Unless that changes, here's a huge no from me. Put whatnot Denuvo or something instead.
Yea, it's currently priced a few bucks… Well I don't wan't to pay for antipsychotics with the money spared due to discount. Games are supposed to be fun, not irritating.

It's always online singleplayer game.
The last time I played such game was homm6 that locked the part of your inventory every time Ubi servers were down and that was too frequent thus I still remember the annoying DRM idiocy.
Yep get that online DRM SP RPG out of here. Nothing turns me off more then games that require an online connection just to play SP. I'm looking at you Blizzard.:p

Agreed. If you're trying to foist some single-player game on me that has some sort of online registration requirement, then I'll be demanding a refund. Assuming I'm tricked into buying the thing.

I guess I'll give these two a try.
Waiting for a discount though.
It seems Green Man Gaming is reading these forums. ;)
Outwards is at 14.99 €.

Back
Top Bottom