Fallout 4 Most exciting nonmainstory locations

That quest was superhard on my side.
I mean... My choice made it superhard.
I think a dozen of gunners were trying to nail my arse there and at least half of them had pulse guns.

Yeah, I was taking a roundabout route back and didn't expect at all getting jumped. Luckily I has next to a good protection spot and have a super damage shotgun that won the day for me and even then it was close more than once.

Argh! 200 hours in the game and I didn't find that one yet!
So many locations… Where is it?

Thanks for nothing, found it myself.
It's called General Atomics Galleria and is southeast from Outpost Zimonja.

pic.jpg

Wouldn't call it exciting but it feels like FO1/FO2, good job Beth!

Fens Street Sewer by Diamond City. Not exciting, but hell gave me creeps and chills.

Is it just me or the best parts of this game are half-horror?

Last edited:
Thanks for nothing, found it myself.
It's called General Atomics Galleria and is southeast from Outpost Zimonja.

Wouldn't call it exciting but it feels like FO1/FO2, good job Beth!

Sorry, it was 3 characters ago and I didn't keep the saves. Did you
enter the robot?
You can get some good responses from the various companions….

Of course I did!
You're supposed to. Although I suggest exploring everything around before going up, just in case… If things go bad. :)

This one is not exciting ambient or fight wise.
But when (and if) you enter West Roxbury Station, you'll be solving two trains puzzle!
You move them forward/back in order to clear the area.

More and more I believe Bethesda should have integrated all these superb locations inside main story, or lock the main story till one explores 5-6 or even 10 areas.
It's such a pity people will simply rush the main quest and never visit these juicy locations.

I was in a department store clearing out some Supermutants on a quest, forget which one. Inside, I picked up a weak radio signal recording of a woman clerk pleading for help because she was locked inside a vault in the jewelry department. She said she was dying of thirst and the only way to escape was for someone to push a button under a counter in the jewelry department to open the door and release her. After a quick search, I found the button and opened the vault. She must have been locked in when the bombs went off and was just a skeleton when I found her. There were about 4-6 lock-boxes with various stuff inside the vault. Her plea for help was on a tape loop and was kind of sad. I felt really sorry for her.

As far as exciting, I was rather shocked by the appearance of a couple of boss enemies. The miraluk queen near Boston Commons (how do you protect against poison btw?) and then Swan (had to play hide and seek with both). Nice backstory in the found notes for Swan. :)

Longneck Lukowski's Cannery

Link - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Longneck_Lukowski's_Cannery

Let's just say a settler was selling mysterious meat in a can.:puke:

Dunwich Borers

Link - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dunwich_Borers_%28Fallout_4%29

A hunted area based on another area from Fallout 3. Think Poltergeist.:invisible:

Dunwich Borers is very creepy, especially once you get into the lower levels. I admit that I cheated a little and explored into the sunken part too, just to see what was down there.

I thought D.B. Technical High School was kind of interesting.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/D.B._Technical_High_School

Its creepy because all the usual 'school' recordings still loop while you're exploring. And the raiders that have taken residence have an interesting backstory you can learn through the terminals.

ahh, late to the part - thanks Couch for the link

Robotic Pioneer Park.

It's weird and wonderful

There is one house/building in the park that has 4 robots (protectrons - law, fire, med and something else). If you release the robots they march in line and then . . . .

Well you gotta see it - let's just say the four together are bad ass.

If you mean the one that's not marked on the map - yes, it's great!

I thought the "fun house" maze in the West Roxbury parking structure was pretty cool with all the traps and the puzzle.

I've been meaning to go back to that one. I got dumped in the middle of that maze and back tracked out. It looked terrific and I wanted to do it from the beginning. But I had to rush back to camp to unload my loot and then I got a couple calls to rescue some settlements all across the map and forgot where the maze was located.

West Roxbury . . . Thank You

We know, you're wasting time on rubbish MMOs instead of playing proper (aka singleplayer) games. :p

13 in game days, level 56, 413 hours (not reliable since I leave it running while doing other things).

One concern if that the enemies keep levelling up but my damage output stops increasing since I picked all the rifle damaging perks and have modded all my rifles to the max. Unless I start using VATS more for the critical perks my damage output is no longer increasing. Or start using a silencer and somehow stay in stealth all the time to use the sandman perks.

13 in game days, level 56, 413 hours (not reliable since I leave it running while doing other things).
Other thing I bet, not things. Grinding in ESO. :p

One concern if that the enemies keep levelling up but my damage output stops increasing since I picked all the rifle damaging perks and have modded all my rifles to the max. Unless I start using VATS more for the critical perks my damage output is no longer increasing. Or start using a silencer and somehow stay in stealth all the time to use the sandman perks.
I'll ask about your rifle damage when you meet legendary assaultron dominator. Don't use just one weapon type!

as far as damage output - I have one gun with a 25% faster reload perk. At the bench I added a faster reload mod and couple that with some perks and my silenced sniper rifle is almost like a semi automatic. They will feel the pain after a few hits. And if they don't feel it right away, I back up some to give em some more.

My character is total stealth. He actually has been running around in the Raganok outfit. (+ 10 on all resistances plus 2 strength). You can not equip the Raganok outfit with any chest armor but you can equip with leg and arms armor. All accessories are either muffled or stealth. In the dark I am almost invisible. And if the enemy is at a distance they can't see me once I stop moving. Of course certain weapons will one hit me, sooooo, don't get hit.

I can not begin to tell you how exciting it is when a suicide mutant soldier spots me and I have to get up from my squat position and try to run away.
Beeb, Beeb, Beeb.
My keyboard fingers are fumbling to stand and run.
The mutant is running towards me saying ironically "Only one of us is going to get out of this alive and it's not going to be you"
I finally get my fingers moving.
BOOM - the super mutant was right - I died (of course he did too but I did not live to see it)

One time I was high up in an inaccessible building and the suicide mutant spoted me. Beeb, Beeb, Beeb. He couldn't do a thing to me so he blew up a passing trader instead. It was kinda funny.

On one mission I scouted out for the suicide mutant and thought I either killed him or chased him away (poor post mop up procedures). I entered the mission building and did what I had to do but when I came out of the building . . .
The super mutant was only 3 or 4 steps away.
HE RAN UP TO ME AND SPIKED THE NUKE RIGHT AT MY FEET.

TOUCHDOWN??????

Back
Top Bottom