Fallout 4 Fallout 4 honest trailer

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

IMO a decent one, still not their best work - this one feels ment for people who played the game while their best ones were constructed for people who didn't play a game yet.

Weird, got the message "This video contains content from Defy Signature. It is restricted from playback on certain sites."

IMO a decent one, still not their best work - this one feels ment for people who played the game while their best ones were constructed for people who didn't play a game yet.
Perhaps that's because everybody and their dog plays this game. ;)

Perhaps that's because everybody and their dog plays this game. ;)

My dog played it and was offended. Below are some quotes from her review.

The inaccurate representation of canines as loyal cannon fodder was grossly overplayed.
The unrealistic standard set by the actors in game such as excellent smell, ultra vision and the ability to be hit by 50 bullets and still stand is an impossible feat for the normal canines of this world.
In a post-apocalyptic world its impossible for the actors to maintain the shiny conditioned coat that they are shown to have. How can I expect to teach my pups about realistic standards in the face of this Hollywood image?
The glorified-unrealistic portrayal of the canine species is frankly dramatized and demeaning for the rest of us.

I hate that dog so much that words can't describe my loathing for it. As he always got in the way, made to much noise, tripped bombs/traps/explosives, and cant sneak.

Time to put Old Yeller to sleep but Bethesda made sure you cant do that.:mad:

I hate that you can't give commands to any of the followers. Hopefully somebody will add in some basic AI for the followers. Hold position, stealth, combat only after I engage, etc. Moronic that Bethesda added companions without controls. Doesn't FNV have these types of things, natively, or was that a mod?

I hate that you can't give commands to any of the followers. Hopefully somebody will add in some basic AI for the followers. Hold position, stealth, combat only after I engage, etc. Moronic that Bethesda added companions without controls. Doesn't FNV have these types of things, natively, or was that a mod?
Fallout NV used something called the companion wheel to give commands to your companions. It wasn't perfect but it was better then what Bethesda used in Fallout 4.

Partner.jpg

I am trying my darndest to get into this game… but, ugh, it continually feels like a generic, half-baked mess of a game that fails as both a Fallout title and an RPG. Mostly it just feels like a clunky blend of Borderlands and The Sims.

Except you can give them orders. It's been a couple weeks since I've played and I can't remember exactly how but I know you can. You can have them hold position, tell them where to go and even have them attack. Also I know the reporter chick in diamond city would sneak whenever I did but yeah she wasn't very good at it.

I'll check it out when I get home.

Just checked it out. press E it will give you 4 choices then if you move the cross hair you can issue other commands, like go here, inspect, attack, etc.

Last edited:
The problematic part there is the use of that E.
For god's sakes we're playing it on PC. Who needs E+something when we have 873426546234387248732587235 different keys to use as single press?! Lemme press, dunno, F6 for example and my sidekick inspects something in front of me. Or kills something. Or explodes in shower of caps. Whatever.

Regardless of horrible UI, I can't agree with Damian. The game isn't overrated at all - currently 84% on metacritic which is lower than number I'd give it, while obvious overrated garbage GTA 5 that IMO can't deserve more than 6/10 scored 96% from critics.

I could be biased however. I've installed norespawn mod the second day of game and it probably functioned as pink glasses in my case.

The problem with the game is that is dull and has stuff that is done half arsed and tedious. Like for example the building of settlements just makes me cringe in the way that it has been made. The power armor is annoying to work with many people dont even use the power armor. I also hate the fact that melee waepons and "unarmed" weapons are garbage in this game where as F 1 2 and NV has none of these problems.

Sorry but I just can't agree.

I found settlements fun although there definetly is a space for improvements (no buldoze option for example, or no oneclick to scrap everything scrappable).
What other stuff is dull?

I used power armor:
- to get rid of earlygame deathclaw
- against the boss who persuaded some youngster to give him some sword sidequest
- to explore southwestern area (radiation)
- against some tough to deal with early assaultrons and hordes of supermutants
And that'd be it. Once I've unlocked Railroad's undergarment overpowered modifications, I never used power armor again. Not that PA was annoying, it simply became unnecessary to use at one point. Then again, I explored and leveled up so much in the game, I tend to believe mainstory rushers who avoid exploring sidecontent do need PA desperately thus I believe it's not there just because.

Can't say anything about unarmed/melee - didn't play such character, sorry. But Strong with equipped Supersledge wasn't doing bad at all in my game.

I pretty much found the whole game to be dull, I foudn the graphics dull, the gameplay in combat dull(the upgrading of equipment was nice except for the adhesive requirements), the music is dull too. If one or more of these things werent so dull i may have kept playing.

Ouch. Well, you partially got me there.

Apart from opening music which I love, just had to disable ingame music (I never do it in games, but here it was irritating). Doesn't mean it's dull, it just doesn't meet my taste.

Graphics, I'll agree, isn't anything spectacular. But I didn't care. Although I'm definetly a graphics whore who'll buy a game because of trailer bait (my biggest sin ever - buying Watch Dogs), believe it or not, when a game is fun, I don't care if graphics is meh.

Seen somewhere, probably on Steam forums, people saying adhesive is tough thing to find. For some reason, I never had problems with it in my game. Had tons of it all the time. However, I had problems finding gold and nuclear material at times. Maybe it's some random generator that spawns worldjunk problem, dunno.

The combat in my case wasn't dull. I actually like what they did with outside of VATS shootouts. I'm not FPS fan, in fact I avoid any game that's advertised as shooter, but in Fallout4 I liked the design of it.

Do you play it on normal and use the one weapon? Because on "very hard" the game is problematic for playing unarmed or with melee weapons but is rediculously(sp?) easy with automatics and shots guns etc.

Normal.
I never ever do the first playthrough on hard.

a somewhat stupid question I am not that fond of dogs and I don´t want one as my companion
are you forced into it

my computer is not yet up to specs and I can wait for a while but if it is forced I think I will go for a mod that gets rid of deadmeat

appendix: in the fallout 1&2 deadmeat was fun in a bethesda game I do not want it they are shallow games and because of that I want to be shallow as well

The dog actually sneaks and stays behind you if you are also sneaking. I very seldom had any issues with Dogmeat breaking my stealth.

In fact you can order him to distract the enemy making stealth easier (just command him to go some place away from you or to attack one of them).

As for the realism of him being invincible? No more unrealistic then the entire crafting and settlement building (the list is endless how unrealistic it is), inventory, the perks, super mutants and on and on. I actually just consider him a mutant dog where the mutations are simply not visible (there is no reason they have to be) and hence is immune to radiation and regenerates rapidly. As for being shot - no different then anything else in the game - everything shrugs off being shot repeatedly. But then wouldn't be very fun if you could be one-shot all the time.

Game is not meant to be realistic. Its a game. It is fairly consistent within its own paradigm which is all that really matters.

I mainly played melee for 95% of the game and really enjoyed the challenge and up front fighting. Not really a FPS gamer.

I did like the video a lot, to be on topic, and felt it was pretty accurate in its portrayal as well as amusing.

Back
Top Bottom