King's Bounty - Readers Choice Strategy Game of the Year @ Voodoo Extreme

magerette

Hedgewitch
Voodoo Extreme is doing their usual year-end series of reader's polls, and in the poll for strategy game of the year, Katauri interactive's King's Bounty:The Legend, beat competitors like Sins of a Solar Empire, Spore and Civ IV:Colonization for the number one spot. King's Bounty is also in second place behind Fallout 3 in their GOTY poll.
For best RPG, VE readers chose Fallout 3, with Mass Effect coming in third.
More information.

King's Bounty rocks. Am approaching the end playing on normal with a warrior, already thinking about replaying on hard with a paladin...maybe then try impossible with a mage...:)

Wow ! I'm impressed ! O_O

that's a surprise. I tried Colonization and its boring. Solar Sins I found boring too but I hear people who have the patience to play it have a good time.

King's Bounty rocks. Am approaching the end playing on normal with a warrior, already thinking about replaying on hard with a paladin...maybe then try impossible with a mage...:)
That was exactly the path I was going take but my wife started playing as a Paladin so I wanted to play a different character so went Mage on hard instead. I just finished Paladin on impossible last night.

Back to Warrior now, on impossible.

Great game.

It's good to see KB getting the props it deserves.

Agree. KB is a great game, thanks for turning me onto it, JDR13.

However, I feel it tilts more towards the "RPG" realm than straight strategy. Sure, it has similarities to HOMM in its turn-based combat and in the decoupling of a hero from his army. But the end goal is not the acquisition of territory or defense of resources, but instead the completion of a story with quests, objectives, and character development.

KB is a "macro level" RPG if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom