Sword Coast Legends - More Reviews @ Gamebanshee

Yep. AFAIK, Steam's % is just the avg of positive/negative impressions (where negative = 0%, positive = 100%) but in practice the results generally come out similar to the 100 rating scale used elsewhere. In fact, SCL itself has a 56% on Steam and a 5.5 (out of 10) Metacritic user rating. So only a 1% difference even though those scores are derived in quite different ways.
SCL community rates it 5.9 in its own forums as well.

I think most game reviews use something like the grading system many schools do., meaning 90% and above is excellent, 80% upwards good, 70% upwards decent, enjoyable if you are the right audience, 60% upwards average at best, maybe some fun if you are the right audience, 50% disappointing, might be ok for you if you come in with low expectations and like this kind of game. Anything below 50% is terrible. So I think most people consider the game pretty disappointing. I might get it on sale though.

Steam, in some sort of way.
Usually, school tests are designed to let appear average performances more than average.
Steam has the same propensity, for probably the same cause.

This being noted,Steam is a ponderated thumbs up/down system, much closer to a voting system that leads to conclusions like people elected on 51% results won by a landslide while people elected with 80 over rule a dictature.

In this regard, considering the system, 56% is not a bad score.

Compared to other games and their score/quality ratio it is terrible. Your analogy is also terrible.

I guess it sounds reasonable enough on paper, ie: saying "if 56% of people like a game it can't be that bad". But look around at the % on other games on Steam and you'll quickly realize that 56% is pretty godawful in actual practice.

But why focus on Steam anyway, this game has atrocious reviews/ratings everywhere you look.

Most of the reviews for SCL are around 7/10 (6,5-7,5):
Uten_navn.jpg

The graph is based on these 23 reviews:
8.5/10 - VGNetwork
4/5 – Hardcore Gamer
4/5 - OnRPG and MMOhuts
8/10 - VGBR
78/100 – Playmoments
72/100 - GameStar
3,6/5 - Game Ogre
7/10 - Digitally Downloaded
7/10 - Arcade Sushi
3,5/5 - The Escapist
3,5/5 - Yahoo Games
7/10 - SpazioGames
3,5/5 - MonsterVine
70/100 - Games Trust
6,8/10 - mmorpg
65/100 - Game Over
3/5 - Game Revolution
6/10 - 3DJuegos
55/100 - PC Gamer
55/100 - GRYOnline.pl
5,5/10 - IGN
2,5/5 - Slant Magazine
4/10 - GameWatcher

Well, I think I gave it 78% in another thread and that means a lot.

edit: I might have to have a look at that 78/100 – Playmoments review…. Yeah, I can't read that. :)
Google translate actually works pretty well. The world is big, you know:)

Well, I think I gave it 78% in another thread and that means a lot.

edit: I might have to have a look at that 78/100 – Playmoments review…. Yeah, I can't read that. :)
I meant as a statistic. He is just trying to make it look like the game is better than it is by showing favorable numbers.

I does not matter what the most reviews are. Only average score matters. Most reviews score is cherry picking reviews if the result is better than average score which we know it is.

They kind of shot themselves in the foot with this one. Even with lackluster game-play, the D&D rules fundamentalists would've supported it, as long as the rules were relatively close to pnp that is. However, the rules weren't even close to 5e D&D, so they pissed off an extremely vocal fan base.

Back
Top Bottom