Gothic 4: Arcania - Now Arcania: A Gothic Tale

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
JoWooD announced at the GC that Gothic 4: Arcania will receive a spectacular new name: Arcania: A Gothic Tale.
Maybe JoWooD prepares to leave the Gothic brand behind after the 4th game ?!
More information.

I know nothing about the upcoming game... but it seems to me that changing the name to Acrania: A Gothic Tale would allow them to create the game and not include the nameless hero as the main character.

It's kind of like Bethesda's "An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire"... a game that was in the Elder scrolls milieu, but not directly related to the core Elder Scrolls games (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion).

Just a thought.

Maybe JoWooD prepares to leave the Gothic brand behind after the 4th game ?!

They might as well, since they are going the console route now, and most of their target audience has never heard of these games. Fine by me, since a whole new developer is making it, the Gothic series as we know it is dead.

Too bad it isn't called Gothic: Realms of Arcania! That'd really muddy the waters :D

They might as well, since they are going the console route now, and most of their target audience has never heard of these games. Fine by me, since a whole new developer is making it, the Gothic series as we know it is dead.

You didn´t get the hint. An unwithspoken claim attributed to PB in the pissing contest last year was that Gothic falls back to PB after Gothic 4. Since then JoWooD never said they can make more than one Gothic.
Of course they try to start a new franchise and use Gothic to accelerate it.

That ought to appease the kinds of folk who are up in arms about Fallout 3, but would've been totally cool with it if Bethsoft had named it "Fallout: District of Columbia" instead.

Inspired by the award-winning Fallout game-series
Washington 2022 A.D.
A post-apocalyptic FPS-game

You didn´t get the hint. An unwithspoken claim attributed to PB in the pissing contest last year was that Gothic falls back to PB after Gothic 4. Since then JoWooD never said they can make more than one Gothic.
Of course they try to start a new franchise and use Gothic to accelerate it.

I thought that the latest news revealed that all future gothic games belong to Jowood. Every character from the gothic series is now in the hands of Jowood.

I don´t remember such a newsbit.
Why change the name and risk alienating the customer base if JoWooD owns the franchise permanently? Doesn´t make sense.

Wasn't there talk about changing the name in North America only? I remember reading such a news a couple of weeks (month?) ago. Something about the fact that Gothic isn't a well known brand in NA.

Back
Top Bottom