What games are you playing now?

Yesterday started to play Avernum 2:Crystal Souls.
Simply can't stop playing it. It is a very good game.

Was going to download Wasteland 2, but reading they're switching to Unity 5 for next patch, I think I'll wait. So I downloaded Deus Ex: Human Revolution instead from my queue, let's see how that one goes.

Was going to download Wasteland 2, but reading they're switching to Unity 5 for next patch, I think I'll wait. So I downloaded Deus Ex: Human Revolution instead from my queue, let's see how that one goes.

Good choice, it's the better game of the two.

Good choice, it's the better game of the two.

hmm.. not necessarily for me. I don't like FPS RPGs so for my taste it'd have to be a really extremely awesome game to compete with even an average party based RPG.

Started Bioshock Infinite, waiting for the DA:I patch 6 Beta. The over the top religious tone is a bit much.
You've got some catching up to do, mister. I've avoided spoilers so I honestly have no idea how far in I am, but I can confirm that Hurls is right. Right now it's a 3-way pull. The underlying political discussion is pretty interesting so far.

Only thing that's still bugging me is that they've made this game much harder on complete-ists than the previous two. There's no "big" map available anymore. From a realism standpoint, that's an improvement (particularly with the way the story seems to be unfolding) but it's still driving me nuts not being able to confirm I've properly mowed a map before moving on.

It's taking me half of forever to get thru the game due to limited play time, but it's holding up quite well to the previous Bioshocks (which I liked quite a good bit).

I am holding off and going to play World of Magic as I didn't have much time the last three weeks to start anything new.

Two Worlds 2 still isn't grabbing me. If combat wasn't so dull and tedious I could probably get quite into it. Maybe if I stick it out long enough to get some decent spells. In the meantime, I've started running my own banana republic in Tropico 4 again. It's worth playing just for the music.

So then, boys and girls, let's pick a game for good ol' dte, shall we…

Dragon Age Origins (Ultimate Edition includes Awakenings and a bunch of other junk)
or
Divinity Original Sin (includes a mess of DLC as well)

My gaming time is liable to be very choppy for the next month or two, so if either game plays best in marathon sessions that would be a count against. I know next to nothing about either game beyond remembering a lot of positive reviews here for both from people whose opinions I trust.

If you're looking for 20 hours max game, you shouldn't start neither of those two.
Both are epic!
And taking pauses of a few days then playing them for an hour-two then pause again… No, that'll be a horrible experience.

I suggest going with Mass Effect 1. You need about 40 hours if you'll explore everything. The story won't suffer from pauses and you don't need to keep track what skills you pumped up on characters.
Other than that, if you'll have just about an hour daily available for playing games, any MOBA will do, doesn't have to be League of Legends.

I'm fine with a long game, but I will probably be taking it in 1-2 hour swipes rather than long, involved sessions. Some games just play better when you can sit for hours on end and really soak in it.

I consider D:OS a FAR better game than DA:O, even though I enjoyed both. Mind you, if you haven't yet played FK than you should try that first; I KNOW it will appeal to you!! :)

I'm fine with a long game, but I will probably be taking it in 1-2 hour swipes rather than long, involved sessions. Some games just play better when you can sit for hours on end and really soak in it.

I am not sure you can play either game for that short period at a time. I know I couldn't do when I played them.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them, though I do prefer D:OS. Not sure if you have played the first Risen because with that game I found I could play for just a few hours at a time.

Dragon Age Origins (Ultimate Edition includes Awakenings and a bunch of other junk)
or

For me it depends. For me DA:O has better party banter and is more 'epic' in terms of graphics, boss battles etc. D:OS is decent with an excellent strategic magic battles focus, although it is very much a Divinity game so if you like that humour go for it.

I am waiting for patch 5 for DAI as well. I tend to do Sunless Seas on survival mode while I wait. I suspect I will still be waiting when Pillars of Eternity finally comes out of development.

For the discussion, I would go with DA Origins.

D:OS is still being worked on and is only going to get better with every upcoming patch so I'd go for DAO first.

So then, boys and girls, let's pick a game for good ol' dte, shall we…

or

My gaming time is liable to be very choppy for the next month or two, so if either game plays best in marathon sessions that would be a count against. I know next to nothing about either game beyond remembering a lot of positive reviews here for both from people whose opinions I trust.

Both are great games for different reasons.

DA:O is more about story/NPCs, the spectacle, and a very large world that's full of diverse looking areas, and it has a lot of optional grinding and crafting. I'd go for this one, if you're looking for something visually impressive - and you don't mind somewhat awkward action combat and a clunky interface.

D:OS is the mechanically superior game, and it has a nice old-school turn-based combat system. The character system is wonderful - and it's full of secrets to find. It's not visually amazing or anything, but it looks good. I've only played ~30 hours of it or so - so I can't speak to the story beyond saying it didn't grab me. It doesn't have that AAA "epic" feeling, whatever that's worth. I'd go for this one if you're looking for a more cerebral and paced experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom