Outward - Gameplay Preview

You don’t have to exit to save, its just one instance where it will save.

It basically save almost continuously. Make a decision, it saves, kill a boss it saves, kill an npc, it saves and you can also just save.

What you cant do is create save points so you can make a decision and then reload an earlier save if you don’t like the consequences.

I suppose if you’re hellbent on save points you could save , exit the game and make a copy of the save file. Assuming the save file is local.

I used to be opposed to one save file but after years of it working flawlessly in souls games I’ve adapted. It definitely could be a problem though if the games not stable and i can understand people being apprehensive.

This has went from a probably buy to a wait and see for me.

Having a continuous save system in an RPG isn't something I want in the least. I can't count how many times I've chosen the wrong dialogue response because I misinterpreted something due to the way it was written.

Ditto for NPCs that I didn't want dead getting whacked by monsters or accidently killed by AOE damage.

Maybe it'll work better than it sounds on paper, but I'll be waiting for significantly more feedback now before buying.

Yeah, have to see how it goes, works great in dark souls but in dark souls NPC’s are inconsequential and there aren’t any dialogue choices.

I still like the idea of being stuck with my choices but i cant deny there could be pitfalls.

Anyway, day 1 purchase for me to support a small development team but ill be play sekiro as well so I’m not sure when I’ll get to it.

Yes day one for me as well. But with same reservations. With all the good design decisions on display here I suppose we can have some faith in the developer that the "random death consequence" won't be game ending or frustrating to the point the player won't risk dying. That is the main thing about Dark Souls. We all glance at our Soul counter and then say eff it and walk through the mist gate knowing full well things will likely go south but with only a few souls at risk. Now imagine having all your gear at risk too.

It is available for pre-order on the Epic store! (but not on Steam - it will still release in Steam at the same time).

Interesting concept and combat, but according to their FAQ there are no simulation aspects like in PB games. There is also no jumping nor swimming! So to me it sounds like Dragon Dogma with co-op.

Back
Top Bottom