Path of Exile - Synthesis Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Bluesnews A new expansion for Path of Exile called Synthesis has been announced for March 8th.

In Path of Exile: Synthesis, you will encounter Cavas, recover his lost memories and chain them together to reach valuable rewards, new boss fights and crafting opportunities.

Our March expansion contains the Synthesis challenge league, new items, new gems, a complete rebalance of spells throughout Path of Exile, an integrated version of the Betrayal league and much, much more.

[...]
More information.

Hard to complain about free content in an excellent action RPG - but I have to say I find most of these "expansions" rather underwhelming. The one where they added several new acts was fantastic, though.

Hard to complain about free content in an excellent action RPG - but I have to say I find most of these "expansions" rather underwhelming. The one where they added several new acts was fantastic, though.
Well that is the problem of their 3 month expansion cycle.
Since most new league content and new mechanics get merged into the game when new leagues come out you can easily just play PoE once per year and then experience a lot of new content that way.

An entirely new system of mechanics... again! I think they're going overboard on new additions like this. I'm more inclined to ignore rather than learn YET ANOTHER crafting system alongside the Delve, Temple, Splinters, Bestiary crafting mechanics.

I'm not sure what their drive is for this - most league players don't mess with any crafting whatsoever, let alone multiple systems alongside one another whose appearance in the core game will be sporadic at best. Even with this past league, I was already feeling somewhat overwhelmed with the multiple, disparate game systems all competing for my time.

Back
Top Bottom