11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

Btw for the record; while the mention of challenger disaster was tasteless - it wasn't an eng. issue it was an administration issue. The eng didn't rush to have a launch. They told the administrator that it was too cold for the seals; but being a pr guy he chose to get this pr. They should lock him up for criminal poor conduct. He ignore the technical people warning and he got people killed all because he wanted some pr. go figure.
--
Hum. turns out the wiki page has a lot of information. While a wiki page is not authoritative, one could use the provided references to confirm the data - anyways here is a partial quote:
-
Use as case study[edit]
The Challenger accident has frequently been used as a case study in the study of subjects such as engineering safety, the ethics of whistle-blowing, communications, group decision-making, and the dangers of groupthink. It is part of the required readings for engineers seeking a professional license in Canada and other countries.[85] Roger Boisjoly, the engineer who had warned about the effect of cold weather on the O-rings, left his job at Morton Thiokol and became a speaker on workplace ethics.[86] He argues that the caucus called by Morton Thiokol managers, which resulted in a recommendation to launch, "constituted the unethical decision-making forum resulting from intense customer intimidation."[87] For his honesty and integrity leading up to and directly following the shuttle disaster, Roger Boisjoly was awarded the Prize for Scientific Freedom and Responsibility from the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Many colleges and universities have also used the accident in classes on the ethics of engineering.[88][89]
Information designer Edward Tufte has claimed that the Challenger accident is an example of the problems that can occur from the lack of clarity in the presentation of information. He argues that if Morton Thiokol engineers had more clearly presented the data that they had on the relationship between low temperatures and burn-through in the solid rocket booster joints, they might have succeeded in persuading NASA managers to cancel the launch. To demonstrate this, he took all of the data he claimed the engineers had presented during the briefing, and reformatted it onto a single graph of O-ring damage versus external launch temperature, showing the effects of cold on the degree of O-ring damage. Tufte then placed the proposed launch of Challenger on the graph according to its predicted temperature at launch. According to Tufte, the launch temperature of Challenger was so far below the coldest launch, with the worst damage seen to date, that even a casual observer could have determined that the risk of disaster was severe.[90]
Tufte has also argued that poor presentation of information may have also affected NASA decisions during the last flight of the space shuttle Columbia.[91]
Boisjoly, Wade Robison, a Rochester Institute of Technology professor, and their colleagues have vigorously repudiated Tufte's conclusions about the Morton Thiokol engineers' role in the loss of Challenger. First, they argue that the engineers didn't have the information available as Tufte claimed: "But they did not know the temperatures even though they did try to obtain that information. Tufte has not gotten the facts right even though the information was available to him had he looked for it."[92][93] They further argue that Tufte "misunderstands thoroughly the argument and evidence the engineers gave."[92] They also criticized Tufte's diagram as "fatally flawed by Tufte's own criteria. The vertical axis tracks the wrong effect, and the horizontal axis cites temperatures not available to the engineers and, in addition, mixes O-ring temperatures and ambient air temperature as though the two were the same."[92]
The Challenger disaster also provided a chance to see how traumatic events affected children's psyches. At least one psychological study has found that memories of the Challenger explosion were similar to memories of experiencing single, unrepeated traumas. The majority of children's memories of Challenger were often clear and consistent, and even things like personal placement such as who they were with or what they were doing when they heard the news were remembered well. In one U.S. study, children's memories were recorded and tested again. Children on the East Coast recalled the event more easily than children on the West Coast, due to the time difference. Children on the East Coast either saw the explosion on TV while in school, or heard people talking about it. On the other side of the country, most children were either on their way to school, or just beginning their morning classes. Researchers found that those children who saw the explosion on TV had a more emotional connection to the event, and thus had an easier time remembering it. After one year the children's memories were tested, and those on the East Coast recalled the event better than their West Coast counterparts. Regardless of where they were when it happened, the Challenger explosion was still an important event that many children easily remembered.[94]

You killed singlehandly a thread of 32 pages with an informative and quality post while people were devising about Cleve.
No one was prepared for that, it has been a slaughter. Hope you are proud of yourself Mr You.

Maybe we should have a bet. If Grimoire is not released this week on steam all threads are banned for 10 years from rpgwatch.

10 years is nowhere nearly long enough. That will cover maybe the next 3 release dates, and then we will be back to reading Grimoire threads and trying to explain to people who just learned about it why they shouldn't get their hopes up.

There is a rumour that the bunker flooded and Cleve has been relocated to the surface and a little delay is to be expected. Give the guy a break.

Picture-AC-22.jpg

oops - sorry about that. Should i delete the post ?

You killed singlehandly a thread of 32 pages with an informative and quality post while people were devising about Cleve.
No one was prepared for that, it has been a slaughter. Hope you are proud of yourself Mr You.

And how many lives would be lost if Cleve released the flawed game as is?
That's the real question.

We're talking Wrath of God type stuff! Real Old Testament destruction! We're talking fire and brimstone falling from the sky, rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from their graves! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Is it true that the 'loot' in the mythical Grimoire consists of raw spam in different forms (slices, cans, cartons, etc.), and the spam loot can be sewn together into a spam thread, and the player ranking in Part 1 of the mythical Grimoire is based on length of the spam thread?

Is it also true that once the spam thread reaches a certain length, a troll emerges from the woods and the player then must kill the troll before the troll eats the spam, and that the player's weapon for troll killing is a sharpened wooden stake bearing a sign reading "Don't Feed the Troll"?

__

I could be mistaken as I know less than nothing about the game but I suspect this is not true.

Is it true that the 'loot' in the mythical Grimoire consists of raw spam in different forms (slices, cans, cartons, etc.), and the spam loot can be sewn together into a spam thread, and the player ranking in Part 1 of the mythical Grimoire is based on length of the spam thread?

Is it also true that once the spam thread reaches a certain length, a troll emerges from the woods and the player then must kill the troll before the troll eats the spam, and that the player's weapon for troll killing is a sharpened wooden stake bearing a sign reading "Don't Feed the Troll"?

__

Lets keep the flame alive! Its a tradition. More news about Grimoire.

But don't get too excited. He has not released it ofcourse. :biggrin: However there is a status update on steam forums.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 13 Jul @ 7:56am

Quick Update On Finalization of Regions Prior To V1 Release

I thought I'd just do a quick cut and paste from my issues folder to show what has been validated as ready for release in the past 7 days since I missed the deadline. All the areas with (V1 DONE) beside them means those regions have been thoroughly tested, tweaked and verified as ready for version one of Grimoire. Some of them will get substantial improvements in future patches but everything is there needed to play and win the game.

The ones remaining are being tested and validated right now. In most cases it involves a few minutes of glancing through the editor suite for that region and making certain everything is good…

Last edited:
I really only have one question left at this juncture, possibly a statement.
They maybe rolled into one as far as I am concerned.

Do you think Cleve smokes weed?

I really only have one question left at this juncture, possibly a statement.
They maybe rolled into one as far as I am concerned.

Do you think Cleve smokes weed?

Nope. If he did, he wouldn't be such a complete bellend.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated or will it always be 11 days till release :)

Yes, you have a point, it should be updated: "11 years to Grimoire"

Yes, you have a point, it should be updated: "11 years to Grimoire"

But that means you're saying for sure it'll come in 11 years. I would change it to "11 somethings to Grimoire" (so worst case scenario it'd stand for 11 eternities).

But that means you're saying for sure it'll come in 11 years. I would change it to "11 somethings to Grimoire" (so worst case scenario it'd stand for 11 eternities).

Or it could be changed to a modified version of the Grimoire Steam page, i.e., to something like, "Grimoire 'Coming Soon' cough cough"

__

11 days is just as precise as 11 years. Time passes much much slower pace is Cleve's universe. 11 days can mean anything from 11 seconds to 11 millenniums. For him this is likely just a blink of an eye.

Grimoire "Coming Soon" cough cough

First post in this thread was February 18th, 2010. Essentially 7½ years ago.

First three responses in thread:

txa1265 -- hehe … 11 days is as good as any other number … you just don't say 11 days from WHEN!

azraelck --11 days from new year's eve, 2349. Duck Dodgers will attend the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Rawsarrow -- and what is "Grimoire"?​

And…? And…? Now what…?

nuthin.

__

Back
Top Bottom