|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Ash of Gods

Default Ash of Gods

October 18th, 2017, 01:03
While our artist drawing Lo Pheng storyline's characters, our brave programmers working hard on multiplayer. We are planning to release the very first build for testing to the backers in November. So if you want to try the game and give us some precious feedback, you are welcome to join.

--
Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode!
We've set up our Steam store page - you can add the game to your wishlist to get notified upon its release.

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 19th, 2017, 02:41
Got some photos from White Nights Gaming Conference: we won the award for "Best Art" and the Gran Prix of the conference.

A couple of pretty big cups, bearded and satisfied Nikolay as well as less bearded but also satisfied Konstantin (that is me) included.

--
Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode!
We've set up our Steam store page - you can add the game to your wishlist to get notified upon its release.

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

October 19th, 2017, 03:44
Postponing a game that has not had a firm delivery date is better than releasing an unfinished mess. If you think the Lo Pheng story line is something you want to add, then add it. One story line does not constitute "feature creep" and I don't think its over-reaching. As long as you know when to quit adding things.

Congrats on the trophies! Also, Nikolay looks like a monk

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

October 21st, 2017, 00:09
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Postponing a game that has not had a firm delivery date is better than releasing an unfinished mess. If you think the Lo Pheng story line is something you want to add, then add it. One story line does not constitute "feature creep" and I don't think its over-reaching. As long as you know when to quit adding things.
Thank you, we thought long and hard about it - and that is something we want to do. We just feel that he will add a lot to the game: his story adds a new angle to the main story, making it fulller. Visually we can add this whole new layer of asian influence, which we really like. In terms of game mechanics - there will also be some different party dynamics and team management.

Congrats on the trophies! Also, Nikolay looks like a monk
Oh, he cusses way too much to be one.

Loading screen for Thorn Brenin's storyline. I think it looks pretty atmospheric. And what do you think?

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

October 21st, 2017, 13:20
I like it!

YanBG

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

October 25th, 2017, 00:13
Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
I like it!
Thank you!

Meanwhile we are producing physical rewards for backers. And that's how our branded t-shirt will look like.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

October 25th, 2017, 17:18
Originally Posted by Sneaky_seal View Post
Thank you!

Meanwhile we are producing physical rewards for backers. And that's how our branded t-shirt will look like.
Great design! We'll you sell those also to the backers in lower tiers and to non backers?
--
Sacred Fire: Psychological RPG about revenge and loyalty. Develop your inner strength in a tactical choice-driven RPG inspired by Caledonia.
Support Sacred Fire on Indiegogo | Join the Sacred Fire newsletter

poetic

storyteller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 29th, 2017, 23:46
Originally Posted by poetic View Post
Great design! We'll you sell those also to the backers in lower tiers and to non backers?
Sort of - they are avaiable as add-ons for those who've backed us for $65+. We wanted them to be something special and make an owner proud of it.

Another loading screen. This time for Blance's (aka Hopper Rouly) storyline.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 1st, 2017, 01:26
Today is Halloween, perfect time for scary stories. But while our programmers scare each other with a long error's codes, our artists decided to make several postcards for you.

Which one do you like the most?

OK, that last one I did myself.
--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 3rd, 2017, 21:07
You should never understimate defence. If you use your resources wise you will be able to survive even in the toughest situations.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 7th, 2017, 23:04
Gingers anyone?

Just finished the very first female companion for Lo Pheng storyline, beautiful Rit. What do you think? Feel like playing?

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 11th, 2017, 00:44
Ash of Gods' Steam page is officially live!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/691690/Ash_of_Gods

Join us, add the game to your wishlist, follow us to keep updated and tell your friends about us! Looking forward to the release!

And some fresh screenshots:

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

+1:

November 11th, 2017, 01:58
I like the look of that grid field, and the other images look quite similar to Banner Saga, and that is meant as a high compliment.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 11th, 2017, 12:36
I don't post much here but i love your artwork.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

November 13th, 2017, 13:46
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I like the look of that grid field, and the other images look quite similar to Banner Saga, and that is meant as a high compliment.
Originally Posted by you View Post
I don't post much here but i love your artwork.
Thank you! We're still working on our user interface, so the in-game screenshots, especially the combat ones, will be updated most likely.
--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 24th, 2017, 19:00
Rough draft of another Lo Pheng's companion, a short-spoken warrior named Roer.

Tough guy, what do you think?

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 24th, 2017, 19:28
Both companions looking good.
Wish I could draw like that
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 25th, 2017, 01:40
Both companions looking good.
Wish I could draw like that
Well, our artists did get some formal education, but most of it is practice. You can greatly improve just by actually drawing.
--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 28th, 2017, 23:56
In Ash of Gods death is always near. Your companions could fall in the fight, die in an accident or become another victim of the plague if you're out of strixes. And the very last thing you can do is to bury them with honor.

Working on sad cutscenes for fallen characters.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

November 29th, 2017, 10:22
Your game looks excellent, hope the gameplay will be of the same quality too!

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

Tags
cards, indie, tactical rpg, visual novel
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Ash of Gods