The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I cobbled this together :

DDO Bonus Days bring you a Champion Hunter Weekend, now through October 4th! #DDO

Explains why the items Cm mentioned are there :

The forever pots are available at the mysterious rem. vendor as well this weekend only.

Finders Keepers!
Get 20% off:
Astral Shards
Sentient and Jeweler's Toolkits
Loot Boosts
Now through October 8th!

Weekly Coupon
Lasting Potion of Resist Acid (+20) x5
Coupon Code ACIDRESIST5
Now through October 8th!

Additionally, there has been a payment options change, apparently : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518409-Payment-Processing-Notice-of-Change#post6364639

We have shifted the processing of certain payments through our DDO Store to a different payment processor. This has necessitated the change of a few available forms of payment:

Paypal - Paypal users may need to re-enter their payment information that had been saved in the Store.

Paysafe and Amazon Pay - We are no longer able to accept payments from these sources, but we hope to accept these forms of payment in the future.

The following payment methods are no longer available to use to make purchases in the DDO Store:

BBVA
Carta Si
CIMB Clicks
MOL Points
Nordea
RHB Bank
Subway Gift Card
Webpay Plus
Yandex.Money
BOKU
POLi
Ideal
Mister Cash
Bolerto Bancario
Efecty
May Bank 2 U
Moneybookers Wallet
Neteller
Openbucks
Oxxo
Transbank

We apologize for any inconvenience this change causes you. The forms of payment available to use in the DDO Market remain unchanged. The ability to pay through the DDO Store with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Diner's Club remains unchanged.

And last, Khyber was down today (or was it yesterday ?) for no apparent reason.
It wasn't me. :p
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518444-Khyber-Unavailable-Thursday-October-1st

Yes, getting to level 3 will be done individually. We won't group until the Harbor 2's. I might regret that since I'm returning the same toon, but so it goes.

Technically, we could be level 4 but most of the time that doesn't make sense. First, there's just not enough content to get all the way to 4 prior to hitting the Harbor without boosts of some flavor. Second, there's so much content in the 2-5 zone that the "head start" will usually end up with you at the wall for several quests. So I guess it's up to you. I don't see much value in jumping ahead- it's not like the extra firepower will be needed and when you inevitably hit the wall you'll have spent resources on XP early just to take 0XP on quests later.

That is true to some extent, but you can spend reaper points and get better gear at level 4. As a sorcerer you get level 2 quests to play with at level 4 as well.

I usually have most of my gear starting from level 4 since I usually start there when TR'ing solo. If I hit the wall then that's not an issue. I'm drowning in those XP stones so I neeed to spend them on something. 😉

Another bonus with a small head start is that I can then go to bed a bit early and you can continue. E. g. if you're doing slayers and explorers or some stand alone quests I can get some extra sleep instead. The only quests I really need at the first levels are those who give Coin Lords and Kundarak favor. So if you decide to e. g. go to Catacombs then I could finish early if I feel tired.

TD - death cleric
Az - mutt trap monkey / Usain Bolt mutt bard / TBD
Peter - fire sorc
Corwin - arti trap monkey
JM - kensai bow fighter / TBD
CM - pally
Alrik - arcane master wizzy of unknown flavor
Fuzz??? -
So it looks like we're pretty well set. Just a few question marks left.
CM, any word on if Fuzz is up to joining the group again? Would be nice to have an 8th player if he's feeling well enough to commit.

We've got a solid month before any of that matters.

Ye Olde Planne:
wk1 Sharn2, take 19, VoD
wk2 Sharn3 (Docks)
wk3 take 20 when possible, Hound, IQ2
wk4 eKeep chain
*party is released*
wk5 Harbor 2's on the new toons

Don't forget we still need 2-3 DA runs to get enough tokens for a TR. People might want to check how many they currently need so we can be organised!! :)

The only quests I really need at the first levels are those who give Coin Lords and Kundarak favor.

Same here.

As for my Wizzy, I'm inclined to create a brand new character just for that.
As for school, I'm undecided … What do you think works best ?
Naturally, I love playing fire, but I have that already.
Cold wouldn't work that well on undead ones I guess, but rather with devils and demons, I assume ?
I have never tried acid so far.
And negativity is something i just won't do.
And sound is something which I already have with my bards.

So, I'm leaning towards acid, cold, and a bit less towards fire.

What I'm actually waiting for is that Feydark Illusionist tree. https://ddowiki.com/page/Feydark_Illusionist_enhancements
I'd love to try it out, and if I understood things correctly, then it might be this month (October). https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...release-date?p=6365013&viewfull=1#post6365013

The only thing I can say for certain is that it very likely won't be another quarterstaff build (although that's not completely ruled out).

As an thought-experiment I'm tossing around (in my head) how possible it might be to do a wizard with a Vistani tree - but of course I'll have to focus on casting first.
It's just so that there are actually a few daggers out there which are meant to be for casters, although not many. And the biggest hurdle would be that wizards use intelligence, not strength. The Harper tree has, however, one point called Strategic Combat, which allows to use int instread of str for melee …

The Shadowblades of the Feydark Illusionist's tree item "Illusory Weaponry" "are Shortswords made of force and may use your Charisma modifier for their attack and damage." The word os "may", so that there is hope that I might still be good with that Harper Tree "Strategic Combat". The only drawback is that shortsword aren't daggers ...

In the end, it would be an Eldritch Knight with some more points invested elsewhere.

But, spreading points too far across several trees isn't that good, I assume.

The far biggest resoning against my theory is just this : It's not at all a proven build.
Since the Feydark Illusionist tree isn't even out yet, because of that it would be a great experiment.
So much that I might perhaps try it out alone, if you believe that I shouldn't do this experiment with the group.
( I just love experimenting ! :lol: )

Definitely going with the Blitzkrieg Bard. I'm thinking of going elf for the auto-search, but I'll have to do the AP spread first to make sure I can afford it. Going up Warchanter to T5, Frenzied for Supreme Cleave, and Swash to get the run speed boost. Should basically be Sonic the Hedgehog once the build hits 20. I'm not sure I can push Spell Singer up enough to get the healing/sp regen songs though.

*EDIT* Definitely no on any of the good stuff from Spellsinger. There's only 15 AP after the requirements in Berserker and Warchanter. Add in 7 AP for Swashbuckler's run speed enhancement and I'm left with 8 AP. Literally just enough to get the Elf Nothing Is Hidden. The points are too thin.

May make this build a bust for the group. I'm already severely constrained on feats.

*EDIT 2* Alternately, I could go with a pure Artificer. We haven't had a full one in a long time, and I haven't ran one since Mr Pump was active. I have a ton of rune arms, and I can focus on the universal trees, since the Artificer ones… suck.

*EDIT 3* I have hated pretty much every build I've came up with so far. I blame Corwin for this. :p

*EDIT 4* I have an idea for a 16/2/2 Bard Inquisitive that may work to cover all bases. Inquisitive has essentially a cheaper version of the Elf Nothing is Hidden, so I may be able to squeeze in the Spellsinger enhancements there. Still have to do a AP count and especially a feat count. I could also alternately go 18/2, but I'd lose Evasion, which I think is a bit useful for a trapper.

*EDIT 5* No dice on that either. Tweaking and tweaking but I can't fit in Sustaining without hitting WC significantly.

Another question is whether or not Illusionist will hit before we TR. It has CHA for to-hit and damage (much like Harper grants INT and Falconry grants WIS for the same) for 7 AP. This would change my stat layout as well as enhancements.

I think on our DA runs, I'll be hitting it up with Fireflash. She needs two Supreme Shards to finish a LitII GA. I have a bunch of good TH weapons though already, so I may not bother with it. Though that lightning bolt smacking down is always a sight to see.

Last edited:

As funny as it looks, that isn't a bad item. Negative Healing Amplification affects undead healing from the Pale Master Wizard tree undead forms. Positive affects normal clerical healing. Repair amplification does the same, except for Warforged/Construct Essence builds and Repair/Reconstruct spells. Convalescent items just combine a boost for both the positive and negative sources of healing.

Definitely going with the Blitzkrieg Bard. …
I've redone my current bard twice now because I hit the same problem with balancing warchanter and spellsinger. Original build was spellsinger all the way since the fit for the group was as a buffer bard. As we ran and I became the entirety of the front line, I re-did the build to tip the balance into warchanter so I could be a more effective melee. Over the past few levels, it became clear that we really didn't need a front line at all on this group so I trashed build #2, threw a bunch of points into spellsinger to max out the benefit of the song and added sustaining to keep the party casters charged up. You're a more precise and intricate builder than I, but I just don't think there's a good way to get there from here with the way the game's set up. Not to mention I wasn't trying to pick up anything important on "off trees" and still couldn't make it all fit to my satisfaction.

While we're at it, it's not too late for me to switch Phuury's plan over to some sort of stick rogue if you can't get to a build that makes you happy. I'd save the death cleric for his next life. He needs a rogue life at some point so it would still be valuable to the toon and I haven't run a trapper with the group in half of forever.

Last edited:
If you did that, we'd have 3 potential trappers in the group if not more; perhaps not the best split!!

If you did that, we'd have 3 potential trappers in the group if not more; perhaps not the best split!!
I'd only pull that switcheroo if Az needed to bail out of trap duties to make his bard build work. It sounds like he's more interested in trapping than serenading if there's a choice to be made, so I'll stick with the cleric. Just offering Az some flexibility.

Another question is whether or not Illusionist will hit before we TR

This is what I'm wondering, too.
That linked post feels to me as if it was in October, still.

And even then it would be an experiment because no-one of us has done Illusionist before.

Two remarks regarding Night Revels :

Yes, we are currently planning to turn Night Revels on very soon, perhaps this Thursday. The event will be the same as last year's, and no new dungeons or items have been added this year. Sorry. But, we also know there are still plenty of people would like to get stuff from previous years, and we'll do our best to update Night Revels in future years.

One other change this year is this: We will not be deprecating last year's ingredients. Normally, when we introduce new items, we want people to start fresh for the year on Night Revels. However, with nothing new this year, it seemed like a good idea to not remove last year's ingredients. So, some of you are ahead a bit (or a lot) while others of you have already ditched your ingredients, to which we say: sorry! Still, for those who didn't, that should be kinda nice. This will allow us to get Night Revels out in time for the festivities of October while still releasing Update 47 in the very near future and our expansion later this year.

So, current plan is to enable Night Revels later this week, but we'll have a formal Announcement thread announcement when the time comes.

Source : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518485-Night-Revels?p=6366273&viewfull=1#post6366273

I am assuming they are currently in the shared bank. These ingredients when placed in the shared bank will always list themselves as rotten or expired, but return to their proper yearly state when you put them back into your inventory. Anything from prior to last year should not be usable, however.

Source : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518485-Night-Revels?p=6366294&viewfull=1#post6366294

Just a note that 21/4 hours into our Friday night game I'm going to have to leave for about 45 mins to at most an hour to taxi some friends to the train station. Sorry about that.

You have been sacked. The people responsible for sacking you have been sacked on general principle.

I thought the expression in America is 'You're Fired' or is that only allowed to be used now by DT? :)

It is, but I've been known to show a few anglophile habits after all. It was more a hat tip to the beginning of Holy Grail than anything, though. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom