The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think another reason our guild group has rarely run MOTU is that the quests are epic not all enjoy running epic quests. Most guild groups end at level 20 and we form a new group.

I think another reason our guild group has rarely run MOTU is that the quests are epic not all enjoy running epic quests. Most guild groups end at level 20 and we form a new group.
Agreed, but I don't see many of the epic runners (like the folks that CM runs with) doing those Eveningstar2 or Eveningstar3 chains unless they are going for the sagas. All the running around in the Underdark and Schyndlryn ends up taking more time than the chains are worth. Even E-star1 with running around King's Forest, doesn't seem to get much love outside of people exploiting the Grim Disturbance rare.

Small-ish update kicked out today. No content changes, sounds like they put in some lag flaggers.

Had something interesting happen. Was running VON3, about half way thru. Got a blind tell from a guy not in our guild or our circle of friends to party up. I even warned him that I was running EH. Asked if he was catching up or piking and he caught up.
If it was some guy trying to cherry pick completions, he wasn't doing that very well.
By the end, it was clear he didn't particularly need my help unless he was worried about getting thru the traps. Nice guy, and polite and didn't zerg ahead or wander once he caught up so it's not like it was a bad run or anything of that sort. What puzzles me is how in the heck did he find me? I wasn't running a public LFM or anything like that, he didn't know me from Adam, and I was too far in for him to have seen me enter the quest. Maybe an open search for all the trappers logged in, then sort for epic levels, then scan the list for anyone in Jungle of Khyber? Seems like a ton of work when a rogue hireling would have done fine. Any simpler roads to get there that I'm not thinking of?

I remember a bug where one of my characters ended up always in a public group; even if they didn't create it or have the star. That character's a mule now because of it. Any time I'd enter a quest, the game would create a public group for me, not matter what I did.

Obviously, we need to put CM and Peter in a Figure Four leg lock on occasion so the rest of us can keep up (I *never* run ahead myself :D).

I vaguely remember someone posting in the forums of suddenly being able to read or listen to a group's chat - and he even wasn't a member of that group !

There are also Valentine Day gifts as coupon codes :

DDO Store Sales: February 11th - 18th
Monster Madness!
Get 20% off:
Monster Manuals
Slayer Boosts
Select Pet Certificates and Tricks
Companion and Pet Renames
Now through February 18th!

Tenser's Weapon Box is back for the weekend!
Get Sentient XP, toolkits, weapon auras and more!
Find the Tenser's Box in the DDO Store through February 14th.

+20 Hearts of Wood are available for a limited time!
Find them in the DDO Store through February 14th.

Weekly Coupon
Bouquet of Flowers AND/OR Box of Chocolates
Pick or CHOOSE BOTH with the Coupon Codes LOVEFLOWERS and LOVECHOCOLATE
Now through February 18th!

Did everyone take level 8 ? I mean, I'm unsure when I can level up to 8 with Bany.

Yes, you can take lvl8.

Doom! Despair! Jabronis! U48.4 Preview Notes:

Spell Balance Pass
Code:
Preface
Nukers are fairly strong right now overall, but we've identified two particular outliers: Alchemists and Fire Sorcerers. There are several factors involved in why they're ahead of others, but one of the largest factors in both are their top-end spells. Multivial and Meteor Swarm are significantly ahead of their fellow top-end-nuker spells, largely due to good damage dice, below-average cooldowns, and significant boosts to caster levels. As a result, we've brought those spells down to be much closer to Acid Well, Iceberg, and Thunderstroke - and met in the middle on cooldowns, buffing those three spells in the process. While this won't solve all disparities between nukers and other kinds of characters, we believe this brings them a little closer together, makes other kinds of wizards and sorcerers a little more viable, and makes partying with these nukers less one-sided.

On the other side of the spectrum, a lot of offensive spellcasters that don't have access to the Wizard and Sorcerer spell list needed a boost. This patch targets offensive spells across a wide variety of builds and aims to bring up the floor of the spellcaster spectrum considerably. We have also fixed key bugs with Druid to allow its premier CC ability, Earthquake, to correctly scale its Duration in Reaper Mode. We have also made a special effort to target underused spellbooks, such as Artificer, by giving them access to key offensive spells to round out their repertoire. Finally, we have additional plans in certain enhancement trees that address some remaining concerns with Spellsinger and Arcanotechnician specifically. We expect these changes to significantly boost the viability of Divine, Druid, Bardic, and Artificer offensive spellcasters across all levels of play.

Alchemist, Sorcerer, and Wizard Spells

Iceberg's cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds for Sorcerers, 9 seconds for Wizards.
    Thunderstroke's cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds for Sorcerers, 9 seconds for Wizards.
    Acid Well's cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds for Sorcerers, 9 seconds for Wizards.
    Meteor Swarm's cooldown has been raised to 6 seconds for Sorcerers, 9 seconds for Wizards.
    Multivial's cooldown has been raised to 9 seconds.
    Multivial's damage dice has changed to 1d4+3 (Element) per caster level per projectile.
    Master of Spellvials no longer applies to Multivial.
    Multivial spells now cost 40 SP for both the core spell and the Bombardier SLA versions.
    Fixed Multivial's tooltip to show the correct Max Caster Level (20).
    Meteor Swarm's Max Caster Level has been reduced from 30 to 20 to match Iceberg, Thunderstroke, Acid Well, and Multivial.

Artificer Spells

The spell Static Shock has had its damage dice changed to 1d6 per caster level.
    The spell Lightning Sphere has had its damage dice changed to 1d6 per caster level.
    The spell Elemental prod has has been reworked:
    Touch Range. Target enemy takes 1d6 per caster level in two of three elements (Fire, Force, or Electric) chosen randomly each time. Elementals are also Dazed.
    The spell Blast Rod has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 per caster level.
    The spell Lightning Motes has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+2 per caster level.
    The spell Prismatic Strike has been reworked:
    Ray spell. Enemy takes 1d6 per caster level in two of three elements (Fire, Force, or Electric) chosen randomly each time. The enemy is also subject to 2 of 3 CC effects (from the original Prismatic Strike) chosen randomly each time.
    The spell Tactical Detonation has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 per caster level for both Fire and Force damage.

Bard Spells

The spell Sonic Blast has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+1 per caster level.
    The spell Soundburst has had tis damage dice changed to 1d6+1 per caster level, and now has a Max Caster Level of 15.
    The spell Shout has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 per caster level.
    The spell Greater Shout has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 per caster level.
    The spell Horn of Thunder has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 Sonic and Electric per caster level.

Cleric/Favored Soul Spells

The spell Nimbus of Light has had its damage dice changed to 1d6 per caster level, and now has a Max Caster Level of 15.
    The spell Inflict Light Wounds has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+2 per caster level.
    The spell Chill Touch has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+2 per caster level.
    The spell Deific Vengeance has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+4 per caster level.
    The spell Inflict Moderate Wounds has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+4 per caster level.
    The spell Searing Light has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+6 per caster level.
    The spell Inflict Serious Wounds has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+6 per caster level.
    The spell Sun Bolt has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 per caster level.
    The spells Chaos Hammer/Holy Smite/Order's Wrath/Unholy Blight have had their damage dice changed to 1d6+8 per caster level.
    The spell Inflict Critical Wounds has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+10 per caster level.
    The spell Flame Strike has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+5 per caster level.
    The spell Slay Living has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+10 per caster level.
    The spell Cometfall has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+3 per caster level.
    The spell Destruction has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+10 per caster level and now has a Max Caster Level of 20.
    The spell Fire Storm has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+8 per caster level.

Druid Spells

The spell Produce Flame has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+1 per caster level.
    The spell Splinterbolt has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+4 per caster level.
    The spell Salt Ray has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+6 per caster level.
    The spell Call Lightning has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+6 per caster level.
    The spell Fire Seeds has had its damage dice changed to 1d6 per caster level (per PROJECTILE).
    The spell Word of Balance has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+12 per caster level.
    The spell Sunbeam has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+7 per caster level (no max caster level, so it's lower than other spells of this type/level).
    The spell Sunburst has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+4 damage per caster level.
    The spell Ice Flowers has had its damage dice changed to 1d6+8 Piercing and 1d6+8 Cold damage per caster level.

Additional Spell-Related Changes/Clarifications

The Inflict Wounds, Mass spells will now use the new versions of their dice as per above.
    Additionally, the Inflict Wounds spells will only use this new dice against enemies. This will not adjust potential self-healing for Undead players.
    The Druid spells Call Lightning Storm and Storm of Vengeance will now use the new Call Lightning damage dice.
    Artificer now has access to the level 1 Sor/Wiz spells Fire Bolt and Shocking Bolt.
    Artificer now has access to Chain Lightning at spell level level 6.
    Admixture spells are now properly restricted with Epic Defensive Fighting.
    All lingering spells (such as Web, Otto's Sphere of Dancing, and Evards) now correctly calculate their duration in Reaper and obey the 6 second floor. This means that spells such as Earthquake will now function even in Reaper 10, where previously they ended almost as soon as they were cast.
    The feat Epic Eldritch Blast is now: +2d6 Blast Dice, +1 per 2 Epic levels, max +7d6 dice at level 30.
    The feat Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast is now Epic Pact Dice, and grants +1 Pact dice, +1 per 2 Epic Levels, for a max +6d4 Pact Dice at level 30.
    Meteor Swarm is no longer penalized by Fire Sorcerer Savant
    There are now 5 new Alchemist spells, the Concentrated Vial spells, in levels 2 and 3. They deal 1d6 damage +1 per caster level every 2 seconds for 16 seconds, can stack 3x.

Combat Styles Pass
Code:
Preface
When looking at the spread, popularity, and usability of combat styles, we came up with a few concrete goals. We wanted to boost the DPS and versatility of SWF, expanding its usage outwards to better cater to hybrid builds. We also wanted to tone down the DPS of THF slightly while leaving the AoE capabilities top-tier, as that niche is part of what makes THF so compelling. We also looked at the DPS of TWF, and found that while we think it's in a balanced place offensively, the companion feats for TWF needed a lot of help to become more compelling defensive options. We ran through several iterations of Two Weapon Blocking before we decided to simply remove it entirely, merging it with Two Weapon Defense, and we also wanted to further incentivize it by adding a MRR cap boost. Natural Fighting needed adjusting to match THF, but it also needed some extra special incentives at the top so that both Bears and Wolves would be happy switching their feats to the new Perfect combat style feat. Finally, we wanted to add more compelling combat options for Shield Fighting. Its Perfect combat style feat is very defensive, but that's Shield's niche, and we wanted the style to retain its defensive elements at the top end. These are also coupled with some buffs to the Vanguard tree's T5 options, to help make that tree more of a competitive choice versus Kensei or Knight of the Chalice, and you can see those in the Balance Changes: Enhancement Trees/Misc Post.

Single Weapon Fighting
New Feat: Offhand Versatility

Req: BaB 8, Single Weapon Fighting
    Your offhand item modifies your main hand:
        Runearms and Orbs now grant: when you vorpal strike, your next spell automatically crits. This has an internal cooldown of 20 seconds (lasts for 20 seconds).
        Nothing in your offhand increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.
    Fighters may select this feat as one of their Fighter Bonus Feats.

Perfect Single Weapon Fighting

Now also increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.
    Now also grants an additional +10 combat style bonus to Melee Power.

Two Handed Fighting
The Two Handed Fighting, Improved Two Handed Fighting, and Greater Two Handed Fighting feats now increase your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.

Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Now also increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.

Natural Fighting
The Natural Fighting feat now increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25% while in Bear or Dire Bear form.

New Feat: Perfect Natural Fighting

Req: Level 26, maximum experience in one Primal sphere Epic Destiny, at least one copy of Natural Fighting.
    If in Bear form, your Two-Handed ability mod increases by .25, and your Bear form's bonus to Armor Class is increased by 5%.
    If in Wolf form, +15% competence bonus to maximum hit points, and you gain +2d6 sneak attack dice.

Shield Mastery
New Feat: Greater Shield Mastery

Req: BaB 13, Improved Shield Mastery
    You are exceptionally skilled with the use of a shield, and your physical resistance is increased by 10 when using a buckler or small shield, 15 when using a large shield, or 20 when using a tower shield. Your doublestrike chance while using a shield is increased by 2% to 10%. Your Combat Style bonus to Melee Power is increased by 4 to 10.
    (These bonuses do not stack with previous feats, so this is a net gain of 5 PRR with each type of shield (5 -> 10 for buckler/small shield, 10 -> 15 for large shield, 15 -> 20 for tower), 2% doublestrike, and 4 Melee Power.).
    Fighters may select this feat as one of their Fighter Bonus Feats.

New Feat: Perfect Shield Mastery

Req: Level 26, maximum experience in one Divine sphere Epic Destiny (same as other Perfect Combat Style Feats), and Shield Mastery.
    You are the paragon of shield usage, able to effectively leverage all types of shields in close combat. Your shield gains +1W, and you gain +20% Shield Armor Class and +5 PRR.

Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Defense

Now grants everything that Two Weapon Blocking did, as well as its original +1 AC and +5 PRR.
    Now also grants +10 MRR Cap.

Two Weapon Blocking

No longer a feat! Should no longer be trainable!

Misc Combat Style Changes

Shield Mastery feats now contribute to Epic Defensive Fighting (including the new ones).

Enhancement Pass
Code:
Preface
The buffs we have done to these enhancement trees were centered around two goals - to provide a boost to spellcasting ability for Bard and Artificer, and to help equalize the disparity between Vanguard's T5 selection versus Knight of the Chalice and/or Kensei. We hope that these focused changes encourage a wider variety of offensive spellcasters. Artificer in particular suffered from a lack of immunity bypass, and we think this method (tying it directly to your runearm shots) bridges an important thematic and mechanical gap.

Enhanced Spellpower causes several significant long-term gearing problems for both the casters who had elements represented and the casters who did not. Either you had access to your element, which forced you to always wear the appropriate belt, or you did not, and you were left behind by a large margin of power. This change removes a significant amount of disparity between elemental types of offensive and defensive casting, and was a necessary step to the comprehensive offensive spell pass we are doing at the same time.

The changes to Shifter are primarily bugfixes, but we also wanted to give an avenue for advancing out of the Fatigue that occurs after Shifting for Shifters that don't get Tireless Rage from Barbarian. In addition, we wanted to bump the durability of Beasthide Shifters slightly. We're keeping an eye on the overall placement of Shifters and may continue to buff Shifters in the future if needed.

Vanguard (Pal and Ftr) Tree

Shield to the Face has been merged into Armored Strength.
    Disorienting Smash now applies 1d4 stacks of vuln instead of 1.
    New T5: Shield Specialization V: +3 to hit, damage, and Armor Class when using a shield (req Shield Specialization IV).
    New T5: Brutal Impact: You gain +1 Critical Damage Mult on a roll of a 19-20.

Arcanotech (Art) Tree

New T5: Charged Recoil: Runearm shots now strip Electric Immunity for 10 seconds.
    Arcanotech: Lightning Motes and Shocking Vulnerability are now 1ap/rank

Spellsinger (Brd) Tree

Advanced Magical and Advanced Musical Studies are now merged and condensed together into one 2AP single-rank Enhancement named Advanced Musical Studies. It grants +200 Spellpoints, +3 Bard Songs, and will add the spell Hold Monster, Mass, to your spellbook at level 5.
    Horn of Thunder's SLA is no longer a multiselector and is now 1AP per rank.

Shifter & Razorclaw Shifter (Racial) Tree

The Beasthide, Wildhunt, and Razorclaw Shift feats now clearly state that their effects block things that cannot be used while Raging.
    Empowered by Nature (both Wildhunt and Beasthide versions) and Destructive Shifting now also grant "You are now immune to Fatigue, including Fatigue from Shifting" in addition to their existing effects.
    Threatening Shift now also grants +10 PRR in addition to its existing effects.
    True Hunter now properly lists its Freedom of Movement effect, and no longer lists its nonexistent Immunity to Petrification.

Thief Acrobat (Rog) Tree

Shadow Dodge and Quick Strikes are now 1ap/rank

Misc Balance Changes

Enhanced Spellpower from all sources is now typed as Equipment spellpower.
    Improved Martial Arts now work with all weapons you are centered with instead of just the basic ki weapons.

Yes, but what about handwraps??!! :)

Handwraps were broken as well.

Looks like they're balancing spells by putting the bulk of them on a 1d6 +x formula. Though the real reason Fire Sorc is better is because you have a cheap AOE method for removing fire immunity (Fire Druid has something similar, but more expensive).

*EDIT* Before I forget, I'm putting a +1 INT Tome into the officer chest 2. Should be good for Alrik's wizard.

Last edited:
I don't think the changes to caster spells will affect the casters too much. The main nerf for casters will be that the enhancement bonus to spellpower on some Ravenloft items will be changed to equipment bonus and thus not stack with other spell powers.

That means 77 less spellpower from level 10 using the heroic item and 202 less spellpower at level 29.

However, this will be compensated by freeing up an item slot where you can put in other abilities.

Many of the nerfed items are belts. E. g. you can instead get Strap of Autumn Leaves from the Feywild quests and get +22 intelligence, +59 MRR, Natural armor +22, magical efficiency 10%, 3 augment slots. Bonus to int will increase spell power.

So the end result is that aren't nerfed at all.

I think the changes they will make are good and long overdue. They did a stupid mistake introducing the enhancement bonus to spellpower in Ravenloft to make items people will farm for. Now they're fixing that mistake.

The other changes listed seem fine too. Especially for melees. I also like that casters like artificers become more useful as casters now.

The goal of SSG should be to make all classes useful. They always make the mistake of making new classes, enhancement trees etc. too powerful. Probably to sell it to the non vip players. All their latest additions have been nerfed after some time. Inquisitors, alchemists and so on.

I don't think the changes to caster spells will affect the casters too much.

Well, anyway, there is a HUGE outcry at the forums about "being nerfed" too much !

So much that i felt i had to do a rant myself - into the opposite direction.
To partly extress my frustration that as a non-caster, i didn't have much to do at the scene, and in part as a kind of satire against those "our casters are being nerfed into oblivion !" outcries.

And then, on reading that the raid is only for level 30, I was really disappointed …

The stuff over level 25 is something i won't reach within this year I guess, so it's something i feel as withhold from me.
A bit like an Elitist, who wants everything low-level to be converted into level 30 stuff, only the other way round.

When i started Sharn with my Aasimar Scourge, the character was under level 20. The last one or two quests in the first chain were done with this character at level 20 - and I got level 30 chain end rewards ! That was when I became angry for the very first time (you might remember my rant back then).

Meanwhile there are quests being converted into an Epic version also, the opposite didn't happen. Which is why this nags me.

I better stop writing here before I give in and everything becomes a rant from now on ! :lol:

*EDIT* Before I forget, I'm putting a +1 INT Tome into the officer chest 2. Should be good for Alrik's wizard.

What's the right expression for this ? I feel kind of embarassed ... It's a great thing, but totally unexpected by me ...

Last edited:
Well, anyway, there is a HUGE outcry at the forums about "being nerfed" too much !

So much that i felt i had to do a rant myself - into the opposite direction.
To partly extress my frustration that as a non-caster, i didn't have much to do at the scene, and in part as a kind of satire against those "our casters are being nerfed into oblivion !" outcries.

People always cry about changes that will nerf a build you're playing. However, history has shown that we will get through those nerfs and still have fun. Some nerfs like the one to the inquisitor was really necessary. The enhancement tree was so powerful most players decided to play that instead of something else.

I don't think these changes will make life easier for you as a melee. Casters and ranged will still kill everything before you get close to the mobs. I pick enlarge on my sorcerer and that increases the range of spells significantly. So I can take out mobs from a great distance. I also use maximize and empower on all my spells. So mobs are oneshotted regardless on reaper 1 we're playing. It's on high skull reaper that the nerfs to casters will hurt them.

Ranged toons can also hit mobs from a great distance and kill them all before the melees get within range. That is even after the nerf to improved precise shot.

Making melees more useful again will need a more fundamental change to the game than some nerfs. E. g. the increased mana pool for sorcerers and favored souls mean they can spam spells continuously.

When I play melees I try to be useful and the way for that to happen is to lead the group into battle by running ahead. Then I might get there in time before the casters and ranged have finished off everything. So you need an aggressive playstyle. That means you have to be very sturdy in case you don't get help when you reach the mobs.

Being a melee is frustrating for a toon with little gear and past lives. Casters and ranged take out mobs before they can retaliate while melees have to be close to harm the mobs. That means they get chances to hit you. So you need good HPs, AC and PRR/MRR. Otherwise you will become a soul stone.

I think that's why we're not seeing as many Monks as we used to. They have the speed, but not the protection. I haven't tried using a ranged monk; swapping from HW to shurikens and back again is TOO much of a hassle for me while running around at full speed!! :)

However, history has shown that we will get through those nerfs and still have fun.

Which is also my impression. And which is why I never really understood these outcries anyway.

Looks to me a bit more like an "luxury problem" of elitists, but on the other hand, I do not do end game, and thus don't know what's happening there.

My favourite example is the Alchemist I tested at level 1 in Korthos on Lamannia. What a chore !

I told them that the Alchemist was NOT AT ALL overpowered in the lowest levels ( I had played until level 2 ) , but people won't listen to me. The loudest folks seem tpo have a fixation on end game.

Which was also why I was so much disappointed about the raid . The devs have also this fixation. they basically cater the end game folks to keep subscribers. But in my personal opinion, they are aliening Newbies with that, and Casuals. Two kinds of players the end game folks don't care much about, or nothing at all. That's my very personal opinion.

As soon as one brings in soimething about low- to mid-level, that person gets ignored. As can be seen by never quoting that person, and never adressing these concerns.

The only positive side is, that over the years there has accumulated a TON of low-level to mid-level content / quests.

But then … seemingly making all the named loot become drop-only in catacombs is something that - imho - once again alienates Newbies, as they don't have any good idea about gearing, and - I guess/assume so - would be glad if they are offered named loot at the end.

Okay, enough ranted.

I don't think these changes will make life easier for you as a melee. Casters and ranged will still kill everything before you get close to the mobs. I pick enlarge on my sorcerer and that increases the range of spells significantly. So I can take out mobs from a great distance. I also use maximize and empower on all my spells. So mobs are oneshotted regardless on reaper 1 we're playing. It's on high skull reaper that the nerfs to casters will hurt them.

Ranged toons can also hit mobs from a great distance and kill them all before the melees get within range. That is even after the nerf to improved precise shot.

Which is why I rather like to use melee in soloing.
Often with a splash of cleric for self-heals.

swapping from HW to shurikens and back again is TOO much of a hassle for me while running around at full speed!! :)

I firmly believe that speed-running is part of the problem. There are a lot of outcries against Needle in a Feystack, because it has good anti-speedrun mechanics within that dragon cave !

Besides, I was soooo tired in the last quest that i really couldn't keep my eyes open !
I was literally falling asleep for a few seconds every 1-2 minutes !

Thank you everyone for the things donated to me ! :)
That's a thing i don't take lightly !

And, Corwin, does that runearm really shoot books ? ;)

Supposedly it does, but I have yet to actually see any!! :)

Which is why I rather like to use melee in soloing.
Often with a splash of cleric for self-heals.

I don't think splashing a few levels of cleric will actually help you. DDO is changed so much regarding healing that many classes can take enhancements etc. to be healing capable. It's much more important putting some effort into UMD. With UMD you can use cure scrolls and lots of other stuff to heal yourself or others. Wands can also be useful for healing.

SSG know that most players don't want to play a support role of being a healer. So they have given most classes a chance to do self healing. Also never underestimate the power of hirelings for healing. Park the hireling at a safe spot before every encounter and they can heal you between battles.

By splashing cleric levels on your toon you only weaken main class. Besides, how much good can 2-4 levels of cleric do? It's not like cure light wounds will do you much good when you get to level 7-8 and beyond.

If you want to play a melee and be self sufficient then I recommend being a paladin. Lay on hands is an excellent way of staying alive and you get get a lot more of them from the sacred defender tree. Paladins also get healing spells and raise spells. So no need to splash any cleric levels on a paladin. If you remain a pure paladin you even get spells like death ward and resurrection. With good charisma they should have a decent UMD for using scrolls. Good to have when you're out of mana. E. g. you can even cast the mighty heal spell from a scroll. Or even mass cures.

Back
Top Bottom