Drakensang A Few Questions Before Installing

Rills

Sentinel
I just received this game in the mail but before installing I have just a few questions.

1. Is it better to build straight character class? In other words, let's say I want to play a warrior. Is it better to to concentrate in a few areas and make my warrior the be all, end all warrior?

2. Or, is a dual-class (sorry for the D&D reference) a desirable way to go? For example, I do like inflicting damage with range weapons and though mages aren't my favorite character class I do enjoy having magic supporting my character. So if I choose an archer build but want magic as well is this advisable or will I be spreading my character too thin? Since I am not in any way familiar with the Pencil and Paper form of the game which this PC version is based upon I am not sure about character build even with the manual per se.

3. Lastly, and sorry for the noobness of this question with the realization I may have totally missed it, but does the maximum party consist of your character + 3 members or you + 4?

Thanks.

1. At least in the beginning you should play it straight. The reason is that the DSA system takes some time to open up. You want to get mroe options ASAP.

2. Hard to say, especially because I'm not interested in such theoretical constructs. ;) A 50/50 character is not a good idea, I think. Adding some mellee skills to a mage or an archer is almost necessary though. When you are attacked by 12 skeletons everybody will be dragged into mellee. Even the mages need to be tough enough to at least hold their own until somebody else can help them.

3. You and 3 party members. The others wait in your house and also get the xp. Sometimes another NPC accompanies you, but that doesn't happen often.

Yes, melee is a problem. There aren't many occations where a let's say magician stands outside of the battle, because enemies tend to run after *everyone* every now and then, and *some* do explicitely run after magicians ...

My personal playing style included giving the heroes a certain set of "class-related" skills, plus a set of "general skills", like dealing with wounds. Sometimes a steady dwarf being able to cure wounds of others is the only hope, because everyone else is busy with melee combat - and too weak overall.

At least this happened to me a few times. I didn't always use the dwarf as a fighter.

In a similar fashion, I gave magicians mostly "knowledge" skills, but since I thought that even a mere fighter should be able to read and write properly, I gave similar skills to others as well.

I will ask here hoping there are some Polish players visiting this forum.

I found Polish collectors edition for less than 20 EUR including shipping.
http://merlin.pl/Drakensang-Edycja-Kolekcjonerska_Techland/browse/product/8,635476.html

Now I would like to know if the game is in English or fully in Polish. Perhaps in English with Polish subtitles? What about content of the box, also in Polish?
I bought Venetica from another shop in Poland and it is fully in English with Polish subtitles which you can turn off.:)

Interesting question. AFAIK this is the most attractive version of Drakensang available, including the German CE.

I agree. This is probably the best CE of Drakensang I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom