THQ Nordic - Acquires Logic Artists

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Man they acquire everyone eventually. They must have the nose of a bloodhood that helps them find studios and IP's in trouble. Then swoop in and buy for cheap.

Probably the best thing that could of happened to logic artists.
Not denying it as I remember the announcement the company was in trouble.:nod:

What a crazy shopping spree! I just hope they aren't overreaching with so many new aquisitions recently, still I'm happy to hear that they are committed to the "Expeditions" series.

Oh well, as long as they have absolutely zero plans on "locking content" into some exclusive digital distribution service, I'm happy to see them expand.

Aye, the best news of that story is that it appears that we will have more Expedition-type games in the future. The first game was amazing, the second a bit less so to me, but it tried to do something interesting things and I still enjoyed playing it. I really look forward to what they will do next.

I hope they take the Legends of Eisenwald guys too, I loved that game.

Aye, the best news of that story is that it appears that we will have more Expedition-type games in the future. The first game was amazing, the second a bit less so to me, but it tried to do something interesting things and I still enjoyed playing it. I really look forward to what they will do next.
I didn't enjoy Expeditions: Conquistador as much as I enjoyed Expeditions: Viking. Only problem I had is story falls flat after a certain chapter. The developer even admitted it.

Maybe a Rome or a Greek setting next could be good idea.
seems they can afford it
https://twitter.com/DomsPlaying/status/1062682849982271489

55 games in development. 35 unannounced.
See they are like the Borg assimilating developers and IP's.:biggrin:
"We are the Borg. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Last edited:
Great news and I look forward to third instalment of Expeditions series :)

Btw isn't the title a bit misleading? Should read acquired Expeditions IP instead of Logic Artists?

Also if you are going to be acquired; THQ is not bad place to be but they need to boost sales whether they are acquired or stand-alone :)
Technically it's not THQ they were bought by Nordic a few years back after going bankrupt. Nordic games just bought the leftovers, and most of the IPs to re-sell.

Now they go by the name THQ Nordic.

I know that... but still as a consumer I prefer thq nordic over ea, ms or paradox.

Technically it's not THQ they were bought by Nordic a few years back after going bankrupt. Nordic games just bought the leftovers, and most of the IPs to re-sell.

Now they go by the name THQ Nordic.

If I remember right, Expedition Vikings was another of those projects that landed with a thud on launch, riddled with all sorts of issues. I recall taking quite the break before I eventually went back to complete it, I want to say I put it on hiatus for like three to five months.

I played it a few months after the game was released, most of the critical bugs were addressed by then, but yes it was riddled with bugs and had balance issues. A bit similar story to Kingmaker but Viking was much smaller in size, took me only 35 hours to complete the game. I liked it quite a bit despite the issues.

I played it a few months after the game was released, most of the critical bugs were addressed by then, but yes it was riddled with bugs and had balance issues. A bit similar story to Kingmaker but Viking was much smaller in size, took me only 35 hours to complete the game. I liked it quite a bit despite the issues.
Good to know I may have to replay it now. Hopefully the story improves.

Only thing that worries me about this is that it may mean the end of DRM-free releases. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems THQ Nordic doesn't have any of their games on GOG.

Vikings was an incredible game, though the very buggy release sure didn't help sales.

I have some faith in THQ to let them make a good third game. Would be a shame if this series dies.

Back
Top Bottom