Telltale - Removing some games from Steam

ChatMiauleur

Sentinel
Telltale is undergoing total liquidation.
Some of their games from their Catalog are being removed from Steam (Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future).
Some others are still available for purchase like Batman series, The Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft: Story Moe, and Game of Thrones.

Question is: Once a company has been shut down and its titles are no more available to be sold can you still download it if you own it?

Telltale is undergoing total liquidation.
Some of their games from their Catalog are being removed from Steam (Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future).
Some others are still available for purchase like Batman series, The Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft: Story Moe, and Game of Thrones.

Question is: Once a company has been shut down and its titles are no more available to be sold can you still download it if you own it?

Actually, the "Buy Now" links for some The Walking Dead games which I still don't own have been gone for a few days now.

Last edited:
Wow, I hadn't thought the company would hit liquidation status. What a terrible end to a company that I really thought would be putting out better games in the future. I hope some of their more creative folk find good homes.

Good that I had bought their games at retail so long ago.

I do wonder, however, if Deadalic will have the publishing rights for the German-language versions in the future ...

I would like to download my games from the TellTale site but can't. Its been a while since I logged on and the site tells me my password is too short. I click to reset my password but no-one is working at TellTale anymore to send the email. All my purchases are now worth $0.

That is a real shame, Silver, people shouldn't be punitively punished like that for buying the product directly. I hope they get it sorted soon, it would be a crime to leave all those folks in the lurch.

Things may change for better in the near future: The Walking Dead: The Final Season development has resumed

Also, from the article: "It’s likely that previous seasons of the game may be unavailable to purchase for a few days as we transition—but don’t panic!—we’ll have everything back online ASAP."

Last edited:
Sounds like someone purchased the assets and they had to remove the games from steam while licenses were checked - or maybe on partial assets were purchased...

The sad thing about Monkey Island Special Edition is, that the new, updated version witzh that horror of a hair style of GUybrush is available in German language, BUT the OLD version that's in the same package is NOT !

So, I'm stuck with that copy-protected old version if I want to play the OLD version in German language ... - And NO, I will NOT touch that new version with a ten-feet-pole because of that abysmal haircut !

The sad thing about Monkey Island Special Edition is, that the new, updated version witzh that horror of a hair style of GUybrush is available in German language, BUT the OLD version that's in the same package is NOT !

So, I'm stuck with that copy-protected old version if I want to play the OLD version in German language … - And NO, I will NOT touch that new version with a ten-feet-pole because of that abysmal haircut !

There is a mod that changes the hair and looks 100% better.
https://www.facebook.com/monkeyislandhairpatch

I've tried it myself and it works good.

Good news but I never heard of this developer before.o_O

Perhaps PCGamer.com got the news I linked above from Skybound web site: An Update On The Final Season of Telltale’s The Walking Dead

Also, they're video games publisher as we can see from Skybound Games Expands to Video Game Publishing! Their web site has a link to the games they publish.

I believe they have the strength to pull the unreleased TWD: The Final Season episodes as well as other Telltale games out of the limbo.

Thank you very much ! :)

Back
Top Bottom