Borderlands 2 - Rumours @ Eurogamer

Borderlands was a rocking good time. I played through Island of Dr. Zed DLC as well but never could get far with the second DLC. So much fun though....

good time yes but the grinding grinds on you and i only played through as 1 character and Dr. Zed and the Armoury one as well. diablo with guns is less fun than it sounds, well maybe as much fun as it sounds...

Borderlands 2 better have a good ending. The first game's ending did not make me a happy camper, eager to buy the next in the series.

I liked it. The art was awesome. It was a Mad Maxian good time. Then I picked up my 2^20'th rifle and got bored. So I gave up trying to finish and watched the end on Youtube.

Doe some reason the original game hated my PC and I could never get it to run right, even after a reformat. That put me off the game right away, but even putting that aside I thought it was pretty boring and grindy like an MMO. It was meant for online play though and I played it solo.

I liked part 1 a lot, and the General Knoxx DLC was well done; however, they so botched the end game skills and level cap, that I wonder if they even tried it out first (only half joking). In every other game I have ever played, when you pay for more content, and they increase the level cap by 18 (~30%), they actually give you more skill options to go with it. Not so in Borderlands. By the cap, every character could max out every tree, and have every good skill- it was just... boring. Also, it was a bit of a slap in the face that they NEVER let you skip their cinematics (which were long and tedious). Also, there were bugs that made it through 4 DLCs; that takes effort.

I generally hate first person shooters, yet I like Borderlands, there's just something about it. I just finished my 10th play through. I'm pretty excited about the thought of a new improved sequel. I'd like to see new classes, and an improved story. I was otherwise fine with the rest of the game, apart from a few glitches and stuff, but you get that. I just hope they keep the art style, without it it just wouldn't be the same.

I really liked this game as a cooperative experience. It was pretty simplistic and it had an unfortunate 4-player limit, but beyond that - it was quite excellent for what it was.

If they spice it up with some character building depth and add 2-4 more players in cooperative mode, it would be the perfect cooperative game to play for a few days.

I played through the GotY edition a few months ago and struggled to finish it.

It started off fun, but became incredibly repetitive before it was over. A lot of the side missions are blatantly recycled multiple times, and the goofy humor didn't really do anything for me. I did enjoy some of the boss battles though.

I just finished my 10th play through.

Ok.. now that's insane. ;)

It was meant for online play though and I played it solo.

Yes, played the entire game and Dr Zed DLC with the wife in co-op and it was a PERFECT co-op gaming experience: entertaining, loot-driven, gun-toting goodness. Borderlands 2, unless they make significant changes, is a Day One purchase for me.

2K officially announced the game. It will get revelaed in Gamescom this month and will be released in the company's next fiscal year which begins on 1st April 2012.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-03-2k-makes-borderlands-2-official

Also, here's the Game Informer's cover:
sepcoverblspread.jpg

Back
Top Bottom