Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Site Countdown

Agreed the stand alone part is quite uninteresting. The rest adds to the game however:

"Rasaad is a Calishite Monk demonstrating his monastic arts to the people of Nashkel. His quest ultimately leads into the highest reaches of the Cloud Peaks, where he must face an unexpected nemesis. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience to unleash the Monk's extraordinary power.

Rasaad adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:
• The Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, a new NPC to join your party
• A new playable adventure
• New area: the Cloud Peaks

Rasaad's adventure through the never seen before Cloud Peaks adds up to four hours of additional gameplay.s"

"Neera is a half-elf wild mage slowly coming to terms with her enormous magical potential. Add her to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience and ignite your wild side.

Neera adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:
• The Wild Mage Neera, a new NPC to join your party
• An engaging romantic adventure
• Up to four hours of additional gameplay
• New area: a secluded hideaway northeast of Durlag's Tower

This half-elf wild mage finds both delight and terror in her capricious magic while fleeing both her past mistakes and the merciless Red Wizards of Thay."

"Dorn is a half-orc Blackguard whose otherworldly patron grants him terrible powers in the form of his black sword and unholy spells. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and inflict evil to the last corpse.

Dorn adds the following Enhancments to Baldur's Gate:
• The Blackguard Dorn II-Khan, a new NPC to join your party
• Up to four hours of additional gameplay
• The Blackguard kit to create your own champion of evil

Betrayed by his former companions, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan lusts for revenge and glory in equal measure."

Those sounds pretty good.

I'm not worried about everything being too small. They already said it would have a zoom feature, and I'm sure that the text and such will look fine. Worst case scenario, just set the resolution to similar to the original and you get the same size of everything, but it looks better.

Yeah, 20$ and it looks about the same, but smaller. But I guess up to 12 hours of extra content is pretty good.

Just annoyed they made a stand-alone adventure as well, since that probably costs quite a lot which means the price is higher than needed. It might add value though, if it is good enough.

Edit: if it is 12 hours of quality content, then that is actually pretty awesome.

Well, my interest in this project just went from halfhearted to practically nil. Sure, it will be nice for the people who seem to think playing a 100 hour game on a pad will be 'fun' but for my playing on a PC, the shallow arena combat module is a major red flag that screams out bare minimum effort.

Why are the images produced with photoshop though? Surely there's no need to downscale them? It is a nice filter on the background textures though - blurred obviously to upscale, but it gives it quite a nice effect. A cynic might say they aren't in game images… I guess it might just be for format conversion.

screenshot02.jpg

Enhanced edition :lol:.

I hope not. I thought they promised proper scaling with this.
They were probably just "looking into it".
Blur + unchanged pixel count ftw.

Oster has said they meant to do a HD edition, but found out BioWare had lost practically all of the original art so it became technically impossible and they had to rethink it. I'm still pretty happy about this as I got an iPad and App Store doesn't exactly overflow with quality games... :(

Back
Top Bottom