Mass Effect IV - Twitter Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gameranx has news for Mass Effect IV based on a few new Bioware tweets.

Motion capture has begun on the next Mass Effect at EA's Vencouver studio while supposedly amazing new enviroments have been added to the game according to BioWare developers, who've been hard at work on the game for some time now. The developers at BioWare have yet to reveal any solid details about the game. Not so much as an image or detail about who the game's main character will be has been released as of this time.
More information.

I'd be excited for this game if they announced that they were taking a DA: Origins approach and letting the player choose their species from among several of the different ME aliens... But that probably won't happen if for no other reason than Bioware deciding that all of their future games must have a voiced protagonist... So it will probably be another boring human tasked with saving the universe.

I'd be excited for this game if they announced that they were taking a DA: Origins approach and letting the player choose their species from among several of the different ME aliens… But that probably won't happen if for no other reason than Bioware deciding that all of their future games must have a voiced protagonist… So it will probably be another boring human tasked with saving the universe.

Yeah that would be ace. You could have great fun with a Volus hero! :)

How are they doing this with Inquisition? There are bigger differences with the mass effect aliens for sure, but presumably they still need different voices. Eg if my Qunari male warrior has the same script and voice as a male elf mage it's going to suck. Their tone and setence construction would be different.

Yeah that would be ace. You could have great fun with a Volus hero! :)

How are they doing this with Inquisition? There are bigger differences with the mass effect aliens for sure, but presumably they still need different voices. Eg if my Qunari male warrior has the same script and voice as a male elf mage it's going to suck. Their tone and setence construction would be different.

I don't know, I have been wondering this since they announced we'd be able to choose races. There are now 4 confirmed playable races and obviously it seems unlikely they'd actually get 8 voice actors for the protagonist (that would be very impressive if they did)… So my guess is that that they'll cast actors that they think could sort of fit with any of the races (like a somewhat deep / gruff voice), and add an occasional special race-specific dialogue option (as they did a few times in DA2 for classes) and we'll all be pretty disappointed…

Back
Top Bottom