Rise of the Argonauts - What Makes it Different @ Destructoid

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Codemasters has sent Destructoid a piece with a "manifesto" on four things that makes Rise of the Argonauts different. Heres one of the four points labeled "Choice: One Story, a Hundred Paths":
In many ways, the path before Jason is clear and distinct, and he walks it unerringly, no matter what the cost: Find the Golden Fleece, and bring his wife Alceme back to life.
Yet from this simple story begins a legendary quest, a sprawling adventure about a true hero on an epic journey. You are not simply playing a village boy who found his father’s magic sword in the attic and earns his chops fighting rats in the fields. You are Jason, King of Iolcus, and your quest is to bring the love of your life back from the dead, gathering heroes to your side, and leaving the bodies of countless foes in your wake.
Nearly every action you take will have some sort of effect - on your character, on the way the Gods perceive you, and in the way the story responds. Save a merchant from certain death, and you will encounter him later, reunited with his family, which triggers its own unique arc. Let him die, and you will instead discover his distraught widow in utter despair, generating a different set of quests. Run through the city of Mycenae with Atlanta and Pan by your side instead of Hercules and Achilles, and the island as a whole will react accordingly.
So while there is no doubt that, like all great stories, Jason’s journey will one day come to an end, the choices that you make, the impacts that they have, and the stories that will be told, are yours, and yours alone.
More information.

Interest level upgraded from "aware" to "interested."

Just updated the url for liquid it was pointing to some PVC film company :)

Thanks woges. This is also increasing blip size on my radar.

mmm it all seems good, but aren't they overacting a bit? more than 100 possibles ways? and is the fighting really that different?
The deeds system looks cool to me.
It has triggered my interest but I am for from decided, maybe a little spark of hope to a new diamond.

Back
Top Bottom