Failout76 gets monthly subscription

Hahaha
Haha
Ah that's rich.

I'm not against subscriptions as a rule. I'm fact I prefer a subscription in an MMO setting to keep moronic F2P scrubs and cash shop hell and microtransactions out of my games. But there has to be quality worth subscribing to!

Read the article. Subscription gives access to creation of private servers that you can invite friends to.

My guess is next step they will support modding of private servers.

Then they will accomplish their goal of getting people to subscribe to a single player modded game experience.

Brilliantly evil.

Awesome!

The community has been asking for the ability to play in private worlds since before the launch of Fallout 76, and we’re very excited to announce

... that you will have to pay for that feature! Every month! In addition to what you already spent on the game, questionable merchandise, and micro transactions. What a deal.

wow killer.

These guys are absolutely clueless. These are the modding support tools they promised a year ago, eh?

giphy.gif

The stupid part is I'd actually been considering buying this as one of those braindead variety games to screw around in for a few minutes at a time. Certainly not now.

I have pretty much zero hope that Elder Scrolls VI (or "Starfield") will be worth a damn at this point. Bethesda games have been pretty big for me, but like all eras, it seems to be coming to an end.

Yep, major youtube gamers are shellacking Bethesda over this…its pretty hilarious. That Bethesda has enough gumption and is so shameless to pull this crap after the whole Fallout 76 disaster/fiasco…unbelievable. Bethesda is going the way of Bioware big time!

Here is another youtube video that is a good run down on this Bethesda scumbaggery --

"Bethesda Abandons Its Principles and Makes Fallout 76 Fully PAY-TO-WIN "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-S3VIxh0bQ

Last edited:
I don't understand the paying to win criticism. I don't feel anyone has a tactical advantage over me because their camp is prettier. I bought the base game and haven't paid for anything else. The private servers appear to be for only for 8 people and only one has to be a subscription holder.

Introducing repair-kits is a pay-to-win feature, although I would say it's a minor one. (I've bought them, they're convenient, and since I don't do PVP and in general don't interact with other players at all, it doesn't give me any competing benefits). But yes, it is a pay-to-win mechanism and as such a deviation from what they originally said.

Seems like there will be more of it, but at the moment there is very little concrete information about exactly what's to come. It's therefore a bit early to claim that the game goes fully pay-to-win (clickbait). Perhaps it does (and I don't like that), but at the moment we don't know. But no doubt more will come - and I don't like that either.

pibbur

Ah yes, I can see how repair kits can give people an advantage in a pvp setting. I've bought some but only with the atoms from quest rewards. I don't interact much either, it's the most anti-social, social game. I don't join groups that require me to be more than a polite but silent NPC so there's bits of content I can't do atm. There are mods / addons I would like to see, but just quality of life things, like sparkly corpses and inventory management.

Pretty sick. $100 for private server support is pretty lame; but $100 a YEAR for private server support is an outright scam. Wonder how many people will pay it...
-

Pretty sick. $100 for private server support is pretty lame; but $100 a YEAR for private server support is an outright scam. Wonder how many people will pay it…
-
There are a couple of other things included, things that at least I find interesting. But not for the asking price.

pibbur who also wonders

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom