Cyberpunk 2077 - A Postmortem

Two play-through's with everything finished and played around 140hrs. If I break it down maybe 74 hrs on each. Seems I finish my games faster then most RPGWatch members.

I keep responding to crimes in progress... and I get no credit from the PD. Plus, I've been staking out the vending machines, trying to figure out who actually restocks them.

I am more interested in stuff that we will never know for sure - what happened on the corporate end to fuck up the release so badly.
Exactly, this would make a much more interesting postmortem. Either more time allows us to conjecture better what happened, or, even better, the developers are allowed to speak more freely long after the facts.

I used to love the postmortems from gamasutra (the only postmortem I know) where the devs themselves actually are telling about the development process (what went wrong, right, and what didn't work):
https://www.gamasutra.com/features/postmortem/

One of the devs who knows it all should write and sell a book. I guess it will sell 8 million on release date as well.

Exactly, this would make a much more interesting postmortem. Either more time allows us to conjecture better what happened, or, even better, the developers are allowed to speak more freely long after the facts.

I used to love the postmortems from gamasutra (the only postmortem I know) where the devs themselves actually are telling about the development process (what went wrong, right, and what didn't work):
https://www.gamasutra.com/features/postmortem/
I love reading those as well but noticed they didn't post that many this year. Usually it's just a re-post of older postmortems. The videos where good to watch also.

One of the devs who knows it all should write and sell a book. I guess it will sell 8 million on release date as well.
Quite a few fired or disgruntled employees so take your pick.:lol:

Really? People are really willing to spend almost two hours hearing some dude ranting (or whatever) about a game? If it was 10 minutes, ok, but 2 hours? Who the f… cares that much about some random guy's opinion?

I've been asking the same thing for years now. You'd be surprised how many people spend more time watching someone talk about a game on YouTube than actually playing it.

DF has Cyberpunk on number 1 in the graphics department and are seriously impressed:

When I look at the images then I'm also impressed. This is contradictory to what I read elsewhere regarding low density crowds, floating stuff, etc.

That's because that's the PC running on high-end hardware. The negatives you're reading about are from the console releases. It really is an incredibly looking game most of the time.

lol postmortem
/eyeroll

I am quite interested in the story around CDPR. How they shot to success, how they got themsleves in this pickle and watched their wealth tumble overnight. And how they will handle things going forward.

I am quite interested in the story around CDPR. How they shot to success, how they got themsleves in this pickle and watched their wealth tumble overnight. And how they will handle things going forward.
That would be interesting to see that side of things, I'm sure an interview will show up in the future.

That would be interesting to see that side of things, I'm sure an interview will show up in the future.

In todays world of social media executions I'd be very surprised if the 'interviews' contained anything more than typical....
"high expectations, change management, timelines, workload, management oversight, blah blah"
It will be beautiful and generic, satisfying nobody and everybody.

I could maybe imagine this one having an enough interest around it that a proper documentary is made, that perhaps digs a little deeper. Particularly if the legal dramas go anywhere.

I could maybe imagine this one having an enough interest around it that a proper documentary is made, that perhaps digs a little deeper. Particularly if the legal dramas go anywhere.

In theory.. but you are doing legal drama, might as well spring for the HR writer thats going to script all interviews and communication...

A postmortem after only 3 weeks? This guy waited 3 years for The Witcher 3.
Cyberpunk 2077 hasn't even been released on all platforms yet (next-gen still pending).

Most of us know you should never play any RPG before it's had time to ripen a bit. . . and CP2077 needs about 6 months.

You guys are according too much importance to the word "postmortem" and judging what you think this is, without even checking what it actually is :rolleyes:

It's a review - and it's written in big characters on the video thumbnail. There have been tens of reviews already and I never saw a remark "Oh, a review already? But it's only been out a few weeks".

It's even more than a review - it's a review with much context given and a comparison with The Witcher 3:
The Word "Postmortem" is just a little clickbait.

That's because that's the PC running on high-end hardware. The negatives you're reading about are from the console releases. It really is an incredibly looking game most of the time.

Actually it runs great on the series x....and not so bnad on the ps5 I heard....so....not all consolers just last gen ones.

There's been so much negativity towards this game. It's nice to come across a reviewer who is very cool-headed about the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom