AdvancedBinocular (MOD)

The Silver

Watcher
Basically I created this AdvancedBinocular Mod just to make the Binocular worth to use…
In the original game the Camera have exactly the same features of the Binocular but with a far better sight since the binocular overlay blurs more than half of your screen while the camera overlay only blurs the edges. :S
So I added two simple yet useful features to make it worth to be used instead of the usual Camera, now the Binocular will give you real time info about the current zoom level and target distance exactly like the sniper scope. :cool:

To install this little mod you have simply to unpack the content of the archive to the same folder of the xenus.exe file, overwriting the existing files if asked (don't worry, I included a backup). ;)

Attachments

• AdvancedBinocular_MOD.zip
    2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Good work man! It makes the binoculars actually useful now! :)
There's one thing that still bothers me though. When you look into the far distant (e.g. the sky) it indicates something like 100000000m, which is a bit silly I think. Maybe we can find a way to turn it into a simple ∞.

Good work man! It makes the binoculars actually useful now! :)
There's one thing that still bothers me though. When you look into the far distant (e.g. the sky) it indicates something like 100000000m, which is a bit silly I think. Maybe we can find a way to turn it into a simple ∞.

Yeah I know, it says that silly 100000000 even if aiming to a far mountain and such, even if it's not really so far… However it seems an hardcoded limit, becouse neither in the LUA function code of the sights there are useful informations about how to fix it, I don't even find where to start… :-/

Yeah I know, it says that silly 100000000 even if aiming to a far mountain and such, even if it's not really so far… However it seems an hardcoded limit, becouse neither in the LUA function code of the sights there are useful informations about how to fix it, I don't even find where to start… :-/

Then we'll just have to accept it. :) Thanks for the mod anyhow!!

Basically I created this AdvancedBinocular Mod just to make the Binocular worth to use…

I haven't yet found the time to test this, but if I like it, do I have the permission to add it to the next unofficial patch version?

I haven't yet found the time to test this, but if I like it, do I have the permission to add it to the next unofficial patch version?

Of course! :D

However... A patch shouldn't be the as "objective" as possible? I mean that it should stick with the original game and don't include subjective changes becouse someone could don't like my binocular mod or a modified hud. Exactly as I don't like your custom loading screen and menu "picture"... :p
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work with theese patches, and I will always say thanks for this, I'm only trying to be helpfull. ;)

However… A patch shouldn't be the as "objective" as possible? I mean that it should stick with the original game and don't include subjective changes because someone could don't like my binocular mod or a modified hud.

Yeah, that's the usual problem of unofficial patching, what is still a patch and what is already a mod? In the case of your binocular mod I think I could include it, because it only adds a already existing feature from DeepShadows to somewhere else, where it makes sense. There is no custom content here that was added from outside the game!

Yeah, that's the usual problem of unofficial patching, what is still a patch and what is already a mod? In the case of your binocular mod I think I could include it, because it only adds a already existing feature from DeepShadows to somewhere else, where it makes sense. There is no custom content here that was added from outside the game!

Yes I guess you are right about this, so ok feel free to include my mod to the next unofficial patch. ;)
Could I ask if it's possible to write my username somewhere in the patch to make users aware that it includes also some little work by me? It would be really appreciated. :)

PS: One more question! :biggrin: Can you reveal what changes your next patch will include and maybe tell us an approximative release date? :D

Yes I guess you are right about this, so ok feel free to include my mod to the next unofficial patch. ;)

Yeah, if the modding aspect becomes too much for people, I can make a basic and a plus patch version, like I did with VTM Bloodlines!

Could I ask if it's possible to write my username somewhere in the patch to make users aware that it includes also some little work by me?

I always give credit, as my patch readme shows. The current changelog reads like this: Added zoom and range indicators to binoculars, thanks to The Silver.

Can you reveal what changes your next patch will include and maybe tell us an approximative release date? :D

Right now there is nothing in the WGup15 except the above. I haven't found the time to replay the whole game yet…

I always give credit, as my patch readme shows. The current changelog reads like this: Added zoom and range indicators to binoculars, thanks to The Silver.
Yeah I know, I don't wanted to be rude. Ok thank you very much! :D

Yeah I know, I don't wanted to be rude. Ok thank you very much! :D

No problem. It's great to see some new people appear and have interest in those two underrated games!

Back
Top Bottom