Game Informer - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Game Informer - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Default Game Informer - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

April 8th, 2015, 13:16
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah looks like they went with one of the other endings.

Spoiler – Game Endings

Hard to tell which one though what do you think?
Yeah the whole button thing at the end was my biggest disappointment, even worse than the boss fights.

I loved the rest though.

sakichop

Mentioned: Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 14:09
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah looks like they went with one of the other endings.

Spoiler – Game Endings

Hard to tell which one though what do you think?
Just like DX -> IW, all of them at the same time and not. The world fearing augmented is going to be in regardless of any choices because of what happened at the end of the game (thanks Tai Yong Medical), but it doesn't exclude the other choices from being supported by different factions in Mankind Divided either.

For people wondering about the year 2029 the only known event that year know so far is…
Spoiler
I still think having a game in the 2030s would be cooler, but we might get there.

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 14:37
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I don't care for Jensen much, I just want to hear Stephen Shellen again. He did a superb job in DX:HR and if god exists he should replay the role as David in upcoming DX:HR movie.
There is an upcoming movie?

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 14:49
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
There is an upcoming movie?
Sorta, they are still working on the script.

edit:

Looks like Neogaf already has bullet points from the GI magazine preview.

edit2: there is spoiler for an early mission of the game in the neogaf thread. It sound awesome, I might yet not mind getting to play as Jensen again after reading that. Although, arm-canon PEG gun, was this really necessary?
Last edited by azarhal; April 8th, 2015 at 15:19.

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 8th, 2015, 18:13
These games will have an influence on how we and those who follow us will treat "transhumans" / "cyborgs" in RL.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 20:34
I can't wait to see how they'll justify taking away all of Jensen's augs at the beginning of the sequel.

suibhne

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 20:48
Yes!
Yes!

Tjohoo!

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

April 8th, 2015, 21:02
Originally Posted by suibhne View Post
I can't wait to see how they'll justify taking away all of Jensen's augs at the beginning of the sequel.
The Missing Link used a "factory reset" to reset Jensen's aug for the DLC content. So there is a precedent already.

In the Game Informer article, they mention that there is twice as many augmentations in the game. Some might be "stock" now (<= my speculation) and

Spoiler
Last edited by azarhal; April 8th, 2015 at 21:23.

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 8th, 2015, 21:08
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
In the Game Information article, they mention that there is twice as many augmentations in the game.
Well hopefully there's an element of choice this time around. It was possible to get pretty much every augmentation in a single playthrough in HR.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 21:55
Loved DEHR, so I'm pretty pumped. I so rarely get engaged by non-fantasy, but I've enjoyed DE, DEHR, and SS2 a bunch.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

April 8th, 2015, 22:53
Even if this became just "Human Revolution 2.0," I would enjoy it, so I look forward to Mankind Divided.

That being said, I really hope that they are more ambitious with the level design, which felt far too "scripted" and obvious, as if they didn't trust the player enough to be able to experiment and think beyond "Pick corridor A for an action approach, pick corridor B for stealth."

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

April 8th, 2015, 23:17
Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
Even if this became just "Human Revolution 2.0," I would enjoy it, so I look forward to Mankind Divided.

That being said, I really hope that they are more ambitious with the level design, which felt far too "scripted" and obvious, as if they didn't trust the player enough to be able to experiment and think beyond "Pick corridor A for an action approach, pick corridor B for stealth."
This is the big difference for me. The original had huge environments and you had a ton of freedom to explore however you wanted. In HR it was super tiny levels which were very limited and linear. That's why it was so forgettable.
--
Your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to come to repentance

Originally Posted by Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Humanity has risen!

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 9th, 2015, 00:21
Originally Posted by suibhne View Post
Amnesia. Isn't that the classic trick? Opps I fell and bumped my head I forgot all of my abilities from last time. The Trailer does show him floating in water so maybe he drowns they pull him out and have to re-augment him.

Gabriel

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 9th, 2015, 09:29
This is the big difference for me. The original had huge environments and you had a ton of freedom to explore however you wanted. In HR it was super tiny levels which were very limited and linear. That's why it was so forgettable.
I really have to assume you're talking about IW - unless it's another case of your frequent breaks from reality

Yes, the original had large levels with a lot of empty space - as was the norm with the Unreal engine near its release. Unreal itself had very similar levels in terms of huge empty space. That was very impressive back in the day, because we were used to much smaller levels, like in Quake.

IW had what I would call tiny levels that were almost entirely linear.

HR had quite large levels and what I would consider very large hubs. Yes, the alternate routes were too obvious - and that's what I think they need to work on.

I certainly don't hope they aim to make levels larger just to add empty space. It'd be great with larger levels - but if that means less content density and exploration is simply spread out for no reason, then I don't see the upside. Well, unless the levels call for it.

If you take a look at something like the Harbor level - you'd have to be more or less insane to call that a tiny level.

I like large empty space when it's part of the proper feel of a level, but if it's just to say you have large levels - it's a waste. I think the original Deus Ex had a ton of what I would consider wasted space.

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

April 9th, 2015, 16:35
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Amnesia. Isn't that the classic trick? Opps I fell and bumped my head I forgot all of my abilities from last time. The Trailer does show him floating in water so maybe he drowns they pull him out and have to re-augment him.
Amnesia… Not really.
G2 used an explosion from which your character gets hurt so bad you need to train up back.
In ME2 the hero died and is revived through some technological process and now you need to retrain skills.

Since Jensen is augmented, they can easily do some chip corrupted thing or something similar where he loses all (extra) upgrades from HR like Icarus or Tachyon. I don't think you'll start without any aug skill.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Game Informer - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided