Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Live - Page 8 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Live

Default Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Live

October 19th, 2018, 21:11
Originally Posted by Copper Coin View Post
Someone backed for Ä5000 in the first several hours
Yeah, would be interesting to know who that was and what kind of secret society they might want to make. (Might be this is not allowed to make pubic without consent.)

Could be a rich individual or one of the dev studios who gave shoutouts. Some Codexers were also eyeing this pledge, but I guess they were too late.
Darkheart is offline

Darkheart

Darkheart's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#141

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 1,865
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

October 19th, 2018, 21:38
Originally Posted by Copper Coin View Post
Funding your own campaign is against the Kickstarter terms of service. Many projects have been cancelled in the past for doing this.
I'm not sure how easy that is to control, especially if it goes through a relative or a "friend." However, it could easily be someone close to the project acting as an "investor" or a studio, as developers have given big pledges to kickstarters in the past.
forgottenlor is offline

forgottenlor

forgottenlor's Avatar
Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

#142

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 2,449
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

Default 

October 19th, 2018, 22:04
Guys, check out our new update, I am sure you'll like.

Have a nice weekend, finally I can go to sleep.
--
Realms Beyond
A party-based fantasy role-playing game with tactical turn-based combat and full character customization.
HobGoblin42 is offline

HobGoblin42

HobGoblin42's Avatar
Roaming.

#143

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Munich, Bavaria
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

October 19th, 2018, 22:05
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Yeah, would be interesting to know who that was and what kind of secret society they might want to make. (Might be this is not allowed to make pubic without consent.)
That person played our game at the Gamescom for hours. And liked it, obviously
--
Realms Beyond
A party-based fantasy role-playing game with tactical turn-based combat and full character customization.
HobGoblin42 is offline

HobGoblin42

HobGoblin42's Avatar
Roaming.

#144

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Munich, Bavaria
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 12:10
Someone do one of those charts to show if this Kickstarter will make it
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."
Hastar is offline

Hastar

Hastar's Avatar
Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

#145

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wolf Light Woods
Posts: 2,339
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 15:10
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Someone do one of those charts to show if this Kickstarter will make it
Wish granted but I didn't create it.

Link - http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cer…exp-projection
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#146

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,390
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 16:22
Cool thanks Couch. Looking good so far.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."
Hastar is offline

Hastar

Hastar's Avatar
Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

#147

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wolf Light Woods
Posts: 2,339
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 17:02
Is anyone working on this that was affiliated with The Red Hand of Doom mod? I'm not asking to start trouble, just genuinely curious because that was a great mod that never got finished, and seems somewhat similar to this game. The latest update was interesting and I do have some interest in this game if it gets funded.
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#148

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 18:27
Originally Posted by griniaris View Post
There are many games out there that are voiced and they are always better than they would be, if there weren't voised.
The opinion that games are better with no voice is somewhat…eccentric.
Voice and music gives atmosfere in games.
I will never bother to play a game with no voice when there are so many similar or better games voiced!!
They must put a goal for voice cover. I will buck them, if they do that.
I will not bother with the game if they do not!!
You sir, need to play Two Worlds and laugh hilariously at the badly done VA.

Also, I disagree in that not wanting VA is eccentric. A lot of games didn’t have VA in the older era, and they really didn’t need it. And there a lot of us who grew up in that time who still enjoy games now. I’m not against VA, but to say it’s always needed or always an added plus IS an eccentric thing to say IMO.
Last edited by Mustawd; October 20th, 2018 at 18:41.
Mustawd is offline

Mustawd

Mustawd's Avatar
Watchdog

#149

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 19:17
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
The latest update was interesting and I do have some interest in this game if it gets funded.
No, please just stay away from us.
--
Realms Beyond
A party-based fantasy role-playing game with tactical turn-based combat and full character customization.
HobGoblin42 is offline

HobGoblin42

HobGoblin42's Avatar
Roaming.

#150

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Munich, Bavaria
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

October 20th, 2018, 19:24
I'm just looking at the Kickstarter page, and it suddenly reminds me a bit of Herokon.

Sad that that game was never finished. It was an online game for Aventuria programmed in Flash, if I remember correctly.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#151

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 20,001
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

Default 

October 21st, 2018, 09:57
Originally Posted by Mustawd View Post
You sir, need to play Two Worlds and laugh hilariously at the badly done VA.

Also, I disagree in that not wanting VA is eccentric. A lot of games didnít have VA in the older era, and they really didnít need it. And there a lot of us who grew up in that time who still enjoy games now. Iím not against VA, but to say itís always needed or always an added plus IS an eccentric thing to say IMO.
Well, I'll use a metaphor to help you think reasonably.

If you like frites fries, you know that with no salt they are awful.
If you put a mediocre quality or even cheap salt, the are Ok, not as good as with natural salt with minerals but ok.
None salt, is not an option.
Period.
End.
griniaris is offline

griniaris

Watchdog

#152

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

October 21st, 2018, 23:34
Posting a screenshot consisting of a combination of screenshots from the Codex that appear to be partially incomplete, have no reference to the sources they are derived from and don’t have any context is a bit lame and more importantly against the TOS. I deleted the posts because of that.

So let’s get back to the Kickstarter discussion.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Myrthos; October 22nd, 2018 at 00:24. Reason: Better formulation
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#153

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,210
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 01:43
Voice acting is not as important in this type of game. Average Steam Joe won't buy this type of game because of it. It can even harm it: like with Pillars, really poor combination of amateur writing and disruptive voice acting.
However it can help a lot, if used right.
Go with it like Baldur's Gate: for every npc, fully voiced opening line, then without it…except for more dramatic, direct scenes ( without any descriptives, metaphors, etc)
Grunts for non descript npcs.
Also I recommend checking out some non expensive talent from modding community, there are some that really stand out.

Aryes Grace, Yui Hisiashi, few people from Interesting NPCs ( Skyrim mod, etc), etc.
--
Rush in and die, dogsÖI was a man before I was a king.
BoboTheMighty is offline

BoboTheMighty

BoboTheMighty's Avatar
SasqWatch

#154

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 02:16
I would back this, but I only have a 25 dollar bill, and it's still a little moist. Still, they should be able to pass it off to somebody…
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

#155

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,446
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 13:55
I don't think VA is important. The lack of VA isn't putting off potential backers. I think most people just like multiplayer games more. Sure, you see a lot of people commenting on RPGwatch who care about non-combat things like storyline, voice overs to enjoy them with and disappointed if it's not single-player only but as we can see from the slowly progressing kickstarter that's really not many people. Relaunch the kickstarter with a Battle Royale mode and you might have a hope of being in Steams top 20 most played games.

The fan base Larian had from a few Divinity games wasn't alone enough to attract almost $1m in crowd-funding for DOS. I think the co-op multiplayer played a big part.

I think the backers of Star Citizen wanted the MMORPG of their dreams more than a spaceship game. As infinite in scope and content as a galaxy.

D&D computer games are completely dead these days. D&D tabletop is entirely a multiplayer experience. Without multiplayer you won't get tabletop groups all buying the game to play together.

There are people playing the BG enhanced editions online right now and they're all passworded rooms. Mostly with 2 players.

That's just my take on things, anyway. The game looks fantastic to me and I'm just trying to work out why it's failing to meet it's funding goal.

So, what happens to the game when the kickstarter fails? It's been a week. Chris Taylor was freaking out and crying on Mattchat after around this long for the Wildman KS. How you guys holding up? Are you going to cry on mattchat? xD
SirJames is offline

SirJames

SirJames's Avatar
SasqWatch

#156

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,488
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 14:01
Why the hell would they cry? As no kickstarter game has been funded in a week for years. Look at Encased asked for the same amount was funded in the last few days.

The campaign is at $55,625 of its $115,147 goal with 24 days still left to go. Anyway the next update was posted but the controversy de-railed this thread apparently.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/2321930
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#157

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,390
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 14:19
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Why the hell would they cry?
Well, you know. Things are uncertain, not enough sleep, forgetting to eat from working too much, Fararri's already bought and not paid for. Just the usual kickstarter stuff.
SirJames is offline

SirJames

SirJames's Avatar
SasqWatch

#158

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,488
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 16:26
Originally Posted by HobGoblin42 View Post
That person played our game at the Gamescom for hours. And liked it, obviously
I whish I could afford a tavern. Btw i made some advertisement for the game in German PnP RPG boards eg tanelorn.net y orkenspalter.de

So you translate the game also in Chinese. Do you have a link into the Chinese RPG Community?

Maybe a exclusive spanish tweet might stir the interest in the latin speaking world ?
Pixellance is offline

Pixellance

Traveler

#159

Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

October 22nd, 2018, 23:19
Originally Posted by Pixellance View Post
So you translate the game also in Chinese. Do you have a link into the Chinese RPG Community?
The KS page has been translated by a fan (who is into that scene), but we're still evaluating a Chinese version. Hopefully it will work out - the recent 3.5e game on Steam (Low Magic Age) is made by Chinese developers, so it seems they actually like D&D.
--
Realms Beyond
A party-based fantasy role-playing game with tactical turn-based combat and full character customization.
HobGoblin42 is offline

HobGoblin42

HobGoblin42's Avatar
Roaming.

#160

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Munich, Bavaria
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Live
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:01.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch